Roseville, CA

Posted June 14, 2014
We love Blue Oaks. The staff is very dedicated and works hard to meet the needs of each student. There is a strong sense of community thanks to the large family involvement. Blue Oaks also has numerous activities for students to participate in after school.

Blue Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted May 28, 2014
We thought this would be a good school however our experience states otherwise. There is no community feeling there. The principal is very one sided. Lots of bullying. The teachers lack any type of respect for the parents and the students. The teachers are lazy as well. They depend fully on volunteers to do their job for which they get paid for such as stapling, making copies, etc. they do not follow district or school rules for everyone. I do not recommend this school at all. Perhaps a whole new staff could make it better. The office staff are very rude to everyone as well.

Posted April 19, 2013
Best School in Roseville! We spent 3 years with our kids an another Roseville school - never felt at home, never thrilled with the principal & so we decided to transfer to Blue Oaks. Best decision we've made! We couldn't be happier with the entire experience! Love the staff, love the families, great kids, amazing programs. My daughter went from disliking & struggling with reading at our last school, to reading every spare moment of the day! She now LOVES to learn thanks to her outstanding teacher! Top notch! Will be sad when the kids move on from Blue Oaks because it's just that great. Love Principal Murphy, he is spectacular!

Posted February 27, 2012
My child is in 3rdthe grade now and he had been attending Blue Oaks since kindergarten. I can strongly say that it is the best elementary school in Roseville. I've moved several times and our home school was always different, but I try to make sure my child gets the best care and education he deserves by sticking to Blue Oaks. I've been to other home schools and was comparing them to Blue Oaks, and non of them came even close to being as good as Blue Oaks. The staff is unbelievable, they honestly do care about each and any concern you have. They treat every single child with care and make sure that each one of them receives the right kind of attention. The two lovely lasts on front desk, Carol and Jan, are the most wonderful people. They honestly treat you like one of their own and they always seem to always having a great day and in a good mood. Mr. Anker our principal, loves kids. I could tell by the way he acts with them. I caught him playing tag with them, basketball, even sometimes eating lunch with them. After school when he's outside, kids are all around him and it almost seemed to me that he knows each and everyone of their names. I love it!

Posted May 19, 2011
The Best school is Blue oaks elementary. I have two children attending this school for 3 years. They receive the best education here. The teachers, staff and principal are great. We feel here like at home, and I would highly recommend this school to everyone. Parents if you love your kids then you will love this school. All teachers, staff and principal have same love and care for your kids as you.

Posted March 25, 2010
I have 2 children at this school and can confirm that the faculty and students provide a great learning experience. Both academics and extra-curricular activities have been very strong on a year over year basis

Posted July 18, 2009

Posted March 06, 2009

Blue Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2008
This is a very good school, my child has done well there. My only complaint is they are micro-managers and overly srict. They don't allow children to be children. No digging in the playground, no picking up acorn shells, all the harmless things kids should be able to do, they control and typically do not allow. They could also do better with parent/teacher communication. My child was/has been 'benched' in the past, and I was never notified by the teacher. How can I correct a behavior if I don't know about it? They are strict when it comes to behavior and the activities of the kids are highly controlled. It's pretty much a get your education school, with minimal fun. However, the teachers seem to be very good and we have always been pleased with the education my child receives.

Posted July 16, 2008
its is the best school ever there is no other better elamentry school than Blue Oaks

Blue Oaks Elementary School
8150 Horncastle Avenue, Roseville, CA  95747
Last modified Blue Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blue Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top