Public charter
Roseville, CA

Posted February 23, 2015
I truly think this school is awesome. As a parent of a child enrolled here, I find that the school curriculum and homework is sufficient and challenges her daily. She is more advanced that her friends that go to her former public school that we see often. The classical learning style that my wife and I grew up with going to a private Catholic school is what is taught here. They also focus on music, art, and the library which is essential in our books. As the child of a 35+ year educator in school districts all around the US, I find John Adams Academy ranks right up there with the best that we've been exposed to. I will also point out that I believe it is just as much (if not more) that parents are actively involved in all schooling, which is what truly makes the difference. In closing, John Adam's Academy gets very high remarks and an overwhelmingly RECCOMEND based on our current and past schools experience, interviewing other area schools both charter and private schools, and overall appreciation for how all of the children are responding and acting both at school and outside of JAA. We will continue to send our child here going forward.
2 people found this helpful

John Adams Academy 3

Posted November 12, 2014
JAA is a school with too much class-time, paired with too much homework. They have confused quantity for quality. Kids at JAA have little time for anything other than schoolwork. Even while at school they hardly get any recess or break time and their lunch periods are quite brief. The school does a fabulous job of taking good students and rewarding them with mediocre grades. It may lead to personal improvement, but doesn't help the scholar's chances when it comes to college admissions. The school is new and, or course has had it's growing pains, but it doesn't seem that any slack has been given to the students despite some missteps by the administration and/or teaching corp. There are some really wonderful teachers at JAA, but this is not universally true. If your child is both intelligent and hard-working, then JAA may work out for you. If your child lacks either of those ingredients, it will likely be very challenging. Still, there are many positives about JAA. The school embraces the principles which made America great. The best part is the many great kids who attend JAA. This provides a much nicer environment than any of the public schools I attended growing up.

John Adams Academy 1

Posted July 03, 2014
what a great idea....elementary teachers are really great and care a lot...weak admin...and board follows one member...opposite of what the founding fathers ever dreamed of...like I said...great idea...shame, really.
5 people found this helpful

Posted April 28, 2014
We were concerned to pull our daughter from her highly ranked public school, but immediately were at peace when we saw how amazing the staff and parents are, and how much she soared almost immediately. She's pushed to her fullest potential, and she has learned to strive for greatness on her own, without being pushed to do so.

Posted September 26, 2013
Wonderful charter school that is free to the public. Focus on classical education, on 10 core values, and on a goal to create "servant leaders". Based on A Thomas Jefferson Education. This school is academically rigorous and has attracted some amazing teachers. The calibre of the scholars is high-- you don't hear swearing or students being disrespectful to staff. This is only the 3rd year of the school, so some aspects are still developing. Parents must commit to at least 40 service hours per school year, but many give much more than that. This is an amazing place to send your kids! My kids love going to school every day!
5 people found this helpful

Posted September 26, 2013
Ever been jealous of your child's education? Here's the place that induces that feeling. I'm finding myself wanting to read everything along with them. My 6th grader came home tonight and sang "Old McDonald Had a Farm" for us in Latin!!! Then showed her chosen translations. I moved a lot as a child and have been around many school children as well as being a parent and can say I've never seen kids so engaged and happy to learn before. So wish I'd had this kind of education growing up... But wait! I am still growing and here's my chance! Get a hold of A Thomas Jefferson Education by Oliver DeMille and you'll see what we are all about.

Posted September 23, 2013
JAA is an inspiring school for everyone involved--scholars, teachers, and parents alike! My favorite is the mentoring program, which places professionals and learned individuals from differing professional backgrounds in the classroom to teach something from their field of study. This opens the minds and hearts of the scholars to possibilities and areas of interest they might not have known before. This program, combined with a rigorous Classical academic environment full of very dedicated teachers, makes John Adams shine in our experience. Both my kids love school so much, they were excited when summer ended! :)

Posted September 23, 2013
I love our School! We have been attending since the inaugural year and love the wonderful core values and excellent staff!
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 04, 2013
We have been very pleased with the school and its faculty. It works on a different idea than most schools by trying to create students who can think how to do something in stead of teaching what to think. This is built on the concepts set forth in the book Thomas Jefferson Education By DeMille. I could recommend this school to any serious learner.

Posted August 11, 2013
Our 3 boys attend John Adams Academy and have since the inaugural year. JAA offers a phenomenal education, better then most private institutions! We love our school!

John Adams Academy
One Sierragate Plaza, Roseville, CA  95678
Last modified John Adams Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Adams Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top