John Adams Academy 1

Posted July 03, 2014
what a great idea....elementary teachers are really great and care a lot...weak admin...and board follows one member...opposite of what the founding fathers ever dreamed of...like I said...great idea...shame, really.

Posted April 28, 2014
We were concerned to pull our daughter from her highly ranked public school, but immediately were at peace when we saw how amazing the staff and parents are, and how much she soared almost immediately. She's pushed to her fullest potential, and she has learned to strive for greatness on her own, without being pushed to do so.

Posted September 26, 2013
Wonderful charter school that is free to the public. Focus on classical education, on 10 core values, and on a goal to create "servant leaders". Based on A Thomas Jefferson Education. This school is academically rigorous and has attracted some amazing teachers. The calibre of the scholars is high-- you don't hear swearing or students being disrespectful to staff. This is only the 3rd year of the school, so some aspects are still developing. Parents must commit to at least 40 service hours per school year, but many give much more than that. This is an amazing place to send your kids! My kids love going to school every day!

Posted September 26, 2013
Ever been jealous of your child's education? Here's the place that induces that feeling. I'm finding myself wanting to read everything along with them. My 6th grader came home tonight and sang "Old McDonald Had a Farm" for us in Latin!!! Then showed her chosen translations. I moved a lot as a child and have been around many school children as well as being a parent and can say I've never seen kids so engaged and happy to learn before. So wish I'd had this kind of education growing up... But wait! I am still growing and here's my chance! Get a hold of A Thomas Jefferson Education by Oliver DeMille and you'll see what we are all about.

Posted September 23, 2013
JAA is an inspiring school for everyone involved--scholars, teachers, and parents alike! My favorite is the mentoring program, which places professionals and learned individuals from differing professional backgrounds in the classroom to teach something from their field of study. This opens the minds and hearts of the scholars to possibilities and areas of interest they might not have known before. This program, combined with a rigorous Classical academic environment full of very dedicated teachers, makes John Adams shine in our experience. Both my kids love school so much, they were excited when summer ended! :)

Posted September 23, 2013
I love our School! We have been attending since the inaugural year and love the wonderful core values and excellent staff!

Posted September 04, 2013
We have been very pleased with the school and its faculty. It works on a different idea than most schools by trying to create students who can think how to do something in stead of teaching what to think. This is built on the concepts set forth in the book Thomas Jefferson Education By DeMille. I could recommend this school to any serious learner.

Posted August 11, 2013
Our 3 boys attend John Adams Academy and have since the inaugural year. JAA offers a phenomenal education, better then most private institutions! We love our school!

Posted July 19, 2013
My family has been attending JAA since it first opened it's doors 2 years ago. I have scholars that range from High School to middle school and elementary school. We moved schools due to bullying issues at our previous elementary school and were completely impressed. We initially moved from the Midwest and I was extremely disappointed with the schools in California. JAA and reestablished my faith in public education. This is a wonderful PUBLIC school with a PRIVATE school feel. We are truly happy to have found this treasure. The teachers are amazing. The administration is willing to listen and work with you. The school has a great community feel. I have recommended it to many close friends. Only downside I can see is the lack of the traditional High School Activities, however, being a new school, I am sure that will be established with time.

Posted June 02, 2013
JAA is a great place for kids to learn and to learn how to think. The community is strong and the kids are great!

John Adams Academy
One Sierragate Plaza, Roseville, CA  95678
Last modified John Adams Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Adams Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top