Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted April 20, 2016
No there was so much good cop bad cop with these guys it was ridiculous. Two parents approached me the last day of school to ask if we were coming back when I said no. Their response was I didn't think so, your children were really put through a lot. So maybe thank them for validating our decision?

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted April 20, 2016
With 30 students per a class there is no way they can teach they cannot even teach the John Adams Core Values . This was opening agreed with by my child's teacher and by leadership.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted April 20, 2016
for a first grader is an hour or two of homework every day even a little bit rational

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted April 20, 2016
sure it teaches these, if you can survive the school you can probably tackle anything

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted April 20, 2016
how can a school which operated on social pressure and arbitrary authority teach respect? Leadership staff when confronted with California teaching statues told me that doesn't apply here. If you do not respect the laws of the land how do you teach respect to anything

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted April 20, 2016
Absolutely not if you don't drink their cool aid you will be pushed out. I was literally told this on my initial tour with a dean, "we have ways of making it uncomfortable for students and parents that don't belong"

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 20, 2016
When staff and leadership openly lie and admit it, it is difficult to believe they have any ability to teach honesty integrity and fairness.

John Adams Academy 1

Posted April 20, 2016
My Children attended for 2 years. After the first year I wanted to pull my children out but my children really wanted to stay. I could clearly see the affects of poor leadership aggressive conformity tactics and a deep focus on heavy handed discipline. 1) Have you ever heard of a 1st grader being suspended for asking questions? John Adams does this. Mind you these were not inappropriate questions but as staff put it too many questions. 2) When we toured the facility, we were told by staff that John Adams had ways to force out students and parents that were an issue. Mind you this was volunteered in response to my questions about California School laws. 3) I was directly lied to by leadership and when confronted there was an admission but absolutely no apology or even hint they viewed it as wrong 4) The parents of students have and almost religious zealot attitude about the school. I went to two parent meeting and was treated to crying and weeping as parents shared their "extreme joy". At the second parent event a dean spent 30 minutes holding up a Frozen DVD box and proceeded to tell everyone about how evil it was. When he finished I politely asked how was this related to any school issues? I was told to leave the meeting You will find this school to be full of people who want to create a strong sense of elitism. Most people buy into it. But I want to warn anyone because there is extreme social pressure at this school. As an example we were asked to not turn left when exiting the parking lot, staff began taking photos of people who did turn left and posting it as bad behavior on the schools face book. When my wife posted its not against the law its legal she was treated to a tirade of harsh responses. When I posted boy it looks like we have some internet bullying going on...the post and all associated comments vanished. Please listen to my post. I wanted this school to be great so badly. I know that I am not alone because I was called by 12 separate individuals to provide consolation and support because they had similar treatment

John Adams Academy 2

Posted March 29, 2016
The root of the problem is the administration. The administration is highly paranoid and possibly even religious discrimination. Something is drastically wrong within the administration, examples: Financial issues, class discipline issues, and teachers constantly being fired. For legal reasons I am hesitant to give names but at least 3 or 4(?) teachers have been fired this year primarily in the middle school and high school. John Adams Academy itself is OK but the middle school and high school are falling to pieces. The administration has not been able to gain control of the classroom discipline issue at all, kids are constantly swearing, speaking of obscene topics during class, and constantly interrupting the teacher. It was a dream school at one point but ever since the new building opened the new kids have been the source of the problem. Not to mention the teachers again, not too long ago a teacher was fired in the high school for not giving enough homework, this school already bombards its students at a massive rate with homework.

John Adams Academy 1

Posted December 17, 2015
The board of "John Adams academy" ™ is suing another school for using the same name. What kind of narcissistic twits would threaten such a frivolous lawsuit? No way do I want these people infecting my children with their version of leadership education. Bully education more like...

One Sierragate Plaza, Roseville, CA  95678-5423
Last modified John Adams Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.