Roseville, CA

Posted October 12, 2012
Heritage Oak has been a great school for my son. In a day and age where schools are underfunded and understaffed, HO has done a terrific job of making the most of what they have. I feel that my son is getting a top quality education so far. He's gone to this school since kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade. Thank you Heritage Oak!

Posted May 10, 2010
My daughter is just finishing her 3rd year at Heritage Oak and every year has been wonderful. The parents are involved, responsive, most of all enthusiastic to the needs of teaching staff and the pta.

Posted September 16, 2009
I am a grandparent, and both my grandkids love this school and their teachers. It's nice to see children that enjoy going to school and are excited about learning....therefore they must be doing something right! I do notice myself when I pick them up, they are always well organized in instructing and directing traffic and students in a orderly fashion. They are always very courtesy and polite. And did I mention, CLEAN!!!

Posted January 30, 2008
This school's teachers and the principal are doing their best for the school and student.Teachers are doing very hard work for the best result for their student.I am so happy that my daughter is study in this school.I also see very good deciplane in this school.

Posted September 27, 2007
My son has gone to school at HO from K-4th grade. Each of his teachers has been so unique, but my experience has been that all of them have gotten to know my son and motivated him to success. All of them have been very organized and structured, giving him the skills necessary to meet and/or exceed the standards. There seem to be a lot of fundraisers, but no more than what I see in other schools. We don't participate in all of them. What I do see happen is the strength of the HO community when a family is in need. The kindness and support is amazing when they rally together to help. To me this is part of teaching our kids what it truly means to be in community. Giving to others who are struggling through life's hardships teaches them that the focus is not all about themselves.

Heritage Oak Elementary School 1

Posted March 24, 2006
My daughter started her academic career at this school. I loved her kindergarten and 1st grade teachers. There are some really great teachers and some really awful teachers. The administration at this school and this district were horrible! The children are treated like little robots, not children. The administration isn't very approachable and do not take the parents concerns seriuosly. They are always asking for money for something (field trips, class parties, teacher gifts, etc. The school calendar is terrible, constantly having early out days, the summer and holiday schedules are problematic in that they keep the kids changing sleep schedules to frequently. Would never let my child go here again!

Posted December 21, 2005
Excellent teachers in 1st grade. Highly recommend this school to people moving into the area.

Heritage Oak Elementary School 4

Posted May 19, 2005
Heritage Oak is the 3rd best elementary in the Dry Creek School District. It has sing, computers, an art docent program. It's a great school, but has some teachers I would never want my child to have. Each class is only funded for 1 fieldtrip. It is a modified year-round schedule, which is the main reason I want to move. The kids have 3 weeks off in November and then they are back for 2 weeks and then off again for 2 weeks for the holidays. The 3 weeks in between are a waste of time. It really messes my kids up. It is hard to get them to go to sleep in August when it is still light at 9 pm. I have loved each of the teachers my 2 daughters have had. I have been lucky enough to work in the classrooms and teach art. It's a great school.

Heritage Oak Elementary School 1

Posted November 26, 2004
We love this school! my grand-daughter has been attending since age 5 and will wrap up her elementary school experience this spring. The teachers are a delight, the principal and vice principal are outstanding. What a wonderful life experience my grand-daughter takes away from your school. She is a better person for having had contact with such wonderful, caring and involved people. Thank you!

Posted November 16, 2004
I am thrilled with Heritage Oak. This was my first experience with a public school and so far I have been pleasantly surprised. The teachers and staff are wonderful and care about each child.

2271 Americana Drive, Roseville, CA  95747
Last modified Heritage Oak Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heritage Oak Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top