452 students|Eureka Union

Bad
Good

We love everything about Maidu. It's such a caring environment and my kids have learned a lot. The teachers, office and principal are all great. Communication is wonderful. I always feel like I know what my kids are learning, and everyone is very approachable. The school is good with learners of all levels. My kids will be sad to move on to Excelsior next year. We have really enjoyed Maidu. Oh, also the school works well with learners of all abilities. My sons needed some extra help with reading and their reading teacher has been great.

My son has enjoyed everything about Maidu. This is a school that loves the children and treats staff and parents with respect. Stephanie Groat, principal, is involved, attentive and passionate about learning and having fun. Truly a wonderful foundation in a child's educational experience.

Exceptional school, led by Mrs. Stephanie Groat and a team of teachers and staff who go the extra mile. We are so grateful for our time at Maidu. In every way, it was a good experience, especially given the trying financial situation in California schools.

My son is in Kindergarten at Maidu. I am so impressed with the school, the teachers and the principal. My son loves his teacher, is loving school and learning to read so quickly, it is amazing!

The teachers are amazing! They all look out for the best interests of EACH child and does what it takes to make sure he or she succeeds. The school is continually trying to create new and positive learning strategies that make school fun for the kids as well as keep up with today's technological needs so the kids aren't left behind. Lastly, we have great parents who participate in school fund raising and all around fun family activities. It is a great community to belong to and one I will miss when we leave.

This is an amazing school. Doesn't matter if your child is a fast learner or a little slower and needs extra attention. Class sizes are nice teachers really care about each and every one of their students. Lots of communication and ways to keep family and school connected. We love Maidu did lots of research to get my child here.

Maidu is the perfect combination of friendly but still serious about education. Thye really care about the development of each child.

I have loved the years my kids have spent at Maidu School! The teachers have always been wonderful as has the prinicpal. Ms. Platt was very engaged with every aspect of the school and knowledgable. I was so sorry to see her leave to lead the middle school. Ms. Platt loves kids and thier test scores increased when she was here too! Everything is going well under the new principal too.

Principal has been replaced this year which is a positive step. I have been very pleased with the quality of teachers. PE, Art and Science programs are in place. Parent participation is welcome and plentiful. So far I haven't seen enough programs for those advanced in specific areas.

Principal did not show understanding, support for high achievers. It seems schools nowadays provide only the basics - Math, English and social studies. Science and art programs are offered through generous support of PTC and active parents participation. Music, sports/PE, second language, are not currently part of the program. GATE program is not offered until 4th grade and it only focuses on Math. Definitely not recommended for academically inclined, high achieving students.

Last modified Maidu Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.