Posted May 27, 2014
I have been waiting a while to write this review, because I wanted to make sure I write a completely unbiased, honest one. Yes, overall, Olympus is a fantastic school. The principal and vice principal go above and beyond and are truly wonderful assets. Mostly all of the teachers are completely dedicated, caring, and do their jobs well. That being said, there are two issues at this school that continue to stick out to me. The homework load is...huge. My child's math and science classes are fine, but the core class has been absolutely over the top. I understand these students need to be prepared for high school, and boy will they be after going through Olympus, but I do believe at some point it starts taking away from the learning environment and causes burnout. The second is the bullying. There is plenty of it at this school, particularly in the PE program and during break and lunch. Yes, the administrators will step in if they notice it. Yes, they take it seriously. But then it just happens again, and again. I realize this is junior high, but if the same kid(s) keep bullying/picking on others over and over, obviously how they are being dealt with is not effective.

Posted May 22, 2014
I love Olympus Jr. High! It's best one of our best school experiences in the district - great leadership & young/enthusiastic teachers! My one (and very BIG) complaint is the rude/unhelpful front office staff. There are 2 middle age women who do not smile, do not offer to help and have actually refused to assist me when I needed help (finding a teacher after school, leaving a message for my student, etc) They are the only downside to this school, but it's a big downside! I hope the great principals there are able to make some changes in the coming years. I do NOT look forward to dealing with these "ladies" as the rest of my children go through the school :(

Posted December 02, 2012
Our 7th grader is loving her experience. I really appreciate the leadership and they really set the tone for excellence. Our kid struggles with the huge amount of homework but has a renewed effort in the 2nd trimester. The music department is top notch.

Posted March 29, 2011
Olympus is an outstanding Junior High-school with a very good reputation. Excellent principal, involved and proactive, and the teachers are very high-caliber especially in Math, Science, and English. A little too much homework most nights of the week, maybe! In the end, excellent preparation for high-school.

Posted February 04, 2011
Great preparation for high school and teachers seem to work well together. Only complaint would be excessive homework assignments. Be prepared for 3-4 hrs of hw most nights. Paticipation in extra curric is difficult with this much homework and high achieving student.

Posted September 15, 2010
My son came to OJHS last year from out of state and having spent the previous 3 years in a private school. Our expectations were exceeded by far! He has gone from a struggling, C/D student to a A/B student who loves school and participates in band and sports! His ADHD has been dealt with in a kind, professional manner. The school uses REFOCUS techniques to deal with disruptive behavior, which keeps all teacher/student interaction on a very positive footing. I cannot say enough good things about our experience here!

Posted January 07, 2009
The music organization is very well built and promotes anyone interested, as well as supports members who are serious about it to reach greater heights. The director is very succseeful and cares about every student she has. Everyone learns a well rounded curriculum of music with her teaching and benefits in independence, responsibility, and respectfulness with her as well.

Posted September 17, 2008
School is well organized and with a good team of teachers that like what they do. Only problem is the schedule starting too early in the morning, giving the students a form of anxiety because principal and staff are extremely strict, giving detention time even on a one minute late entry.

Posted November 09, 2007

Posted April 29, 2007
I love being a student at OJHS because you always feel very safe and comfortable & most of the teachers are awesome!

Olympus Junior High School
2625 La Croix Drive, Roseville, CA  95661
Last modified Olympus Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Olympus Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top