537 students|Eureka Union

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school has some good teachers. I have had to pull my daughter from there because she was bullied by the boys. She is smart and creative. One of the boys spread terrible rumors about her, having sex with him, and she is only 12.My daughter cried every single night. It became so much on her, she developed panic attacks. The administration tries to run your life. They called the cops and cps when she was home with pneumonia. The Principal is not qualified to run a school. There are fights, violence, and bullying. He did not advocate for my daughter at all. I was fortunate enough to go to private schools. Avoid our mistake. Avoid this school. They are intrusive,petty, and unprofessional. The Principal needs to go back to school and learn how to appropriately handle situations that can be devastating, especially at this time in a child's life. I will be filing a complaint with the Superintendents office.So glad to move on. I have spoken to students that graduated from there. Same things happened to them. The school wants uninvolved and compliant parents. If for any reason you need accommodations, they are not your school. No leadership is failed leadership.

I have been waiting a while to write this review, because I wanted to make sure I write a completely unbiased, honest one. Yes, overall, Olympus is a fantastic school. The principal and vice principal go above and beyond and are truly wonderful assets. Mostly all of the teachers are completely dedicated, caring, and do their jobs well. That being said, there are two issues at this school that continue to stick out to me. The homework load is...huge. My child's math and science classes are fine, but the core class has been absolutely over the top. I understand these students need to be prepared for high school, and boy will they be after going through Olympus, but I do believe at some point it starts taking away from the learning environment and causes burnout. The second is the bullying. There is plenty of it at this school, particularly in the PE program and during break and lunch. Yes, the administrators will step in if they notice it. Yes, they take it seriously. But then it just happens again, and again. I realize this is junior high, but if the same kid(s) keep bullying/picking on others over and over, obviously how they are being dealt with is not effective.

I love Olympus Jr. High! It's best one of our best school experiences in the district - great leadership & young/enthusiastic teachers! My one (and very BIG) complaint is the rude/unhelpful front office staff. There are 2 middle age women who do not smile, do not offer to help and have actually refused to assist me when I needed help (finding a teacher after school, leaving a message for my student, etc) They are the only downside to this school, but it's a big downside! I hope the great principals there are able to make some changes in the coming years. I do NOT look forward to dealing with these "ladies" as the rest of my children go through the school :(

With all these reviews I wish and would love for my kids to attend OJHS. I would consume that the Granite Bay Schools are better quality and rated efficiently to the highest compared to the Dry Creek District in Roseville. I will be soon be considering this option to my surroundings and pray about this from the presumers above.

Our 7th grader is loving her experience. I really appreciate the leadership and they really set the tone for excellence. Our kid struggles with the huge amount of homework but has a renewed effort in the 2nd trimester. The music department is top notch.

Olympus is an outstanding Junior High-school with a very good reputation. Excellent principal, involved and proactive, and the teachers are very high-caliber especially in Math, Science, and English. A little too much homework most nights of the week, maybe! In the end, excellent preparation for high-school.

Great preparation for high school and teachers seem to work well together. Only complaint would be excessive homework assignments. Be prepared for 3-4 hrs of hw most nights. Paticipation in extra curric is difficult with this much homework and high achieving student.

My son came to OJHS last year from out of state and having spent the previous 3 years in a private school. Our expectations were exceeded by far! He has gone from a struggling, C/D student to a A/B student who loves school and participates in band and sports! His ADHD has been dealt with in a kind, professional manner. The school uses REFOCUS techniques to deal with disruptive behavior, which keeps all teacher/student interaction on a very positive footing. I cannot say enough good things about our experience here!

The music organization is very well built and promotes anyone interested, as well as supports members who are serious about it to reach greater heights. The director is very succseeful and cares about every student she has. Everyone learns a well rounded curriculum of music with her teaching and benefits in independence, responsibility, and respectfulness with her as well.

School is well organized and with a good team of teachers that like what they do. Only problem is the schedule starting too early in the morning, giving the students a form of anxiety because principal and staff are extremely strict, giving detention time even on a one minute late entry.

Last modified Olympus Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.