Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My child had difficulty in social skills and the teacher and principal did nothing to help or make my child welcome.

I love the carnivals and ptc works very hard. I do not appreciate one of the kindergarten teacher principal and office staff is very rude. And unhelpful. Some of the staff there are sweet and kind. I was expecting a way better school than what it is. I took my child out due to lack of communication. I rate it 2 out of 10.

We just finished our first year at Cirby. I feel so fortunate that we have this school in our neighborhood! The principle and teachers are wonderful! I love the school expectations, show respect, make good decisions and solve problems. They are discussed and expected at all times! My child shows great self confidence and pride in meeting these expectations! My husband and I had discussed not sending our children to this school after hearing "concerns" mainly about low test scores from parents in our neighborhood. (most never had their children attended this school) We decided to give it a try and move to another school if needed after deciding for ourselves. I am so grateful we didn't go anywhere else! Our child is excelling and doing amazing! From what we have experienced this school is doing a great job for not only my child's academic education but also in teaching the confidence and skills she needs to handle/face and get though real life challenges. I am looking forward to our years ahead at Cirby and being a part of this community! We love Cirby! Go Eagles!

I thought cirby was a good school but not so great. My son attended there in kindergarten 2010-2011 school year, by the end of the year they tell me the want to have meeting because they get my son to communicate and he might be put back. Now they waited all that time then they tell me maybe he is not comfortable because there really no one who looks like him (red flag,racist). Then weeks later kids through tan bark at him and kicked him under the table and I was never notified. Now all three of my kids are back but not by choice so we have to see how it go but I'm not taking there mess this year.

This school is definitely on the rise in my opinion. The principle and teachers are doing a great job. I also really appreciate the afterschool program, ASES. The staff are great & my kids love the enrichments they get. They've had dance, karate, golf & cooking! They also get some homework done before I pick them up, which is great for this working mom! Overall great school and I think they are going in the right direction! Keep up the good work!

There is good and bad to Cirby. They have three standards that are implemented on a daily basis: Show respect, make good decisions, solve problems. The first two are followed quite well by the students. Solving problems proves to be quite difficult for them. Primarily, bullying. It is a problem to solve per the staff. If the student cannot solve the 'bullying' problem, then they're out of luck! They give them tools, but don't show them how to use them?! And like another parent mentioned, the second a student defends themselves, they're in trouble?! I'm sorry, that is not how it works in the real world. My child will be raised in preparation for that! There are certain teachers that will go above and beyond to help your child succeed, but not all of them. The great teachers do not receive enough recognition. The test scores are horribly low due lack of English spoken in most of the homes...that's my assumption. The principle has major issues with lack of communication regarding a child ie your son/daughter was in my office today due to...no communication! Hopefully it will improve as years go on!

Cirby is an amazing school with outstanding teachers. My kids are lucky to go to a school that values a safe learning environment. I have seen so much growth in both of my children and I know that the teachers work extra hard to make sure every student is getting what they need. When you walk onto campus you immediately get a sense of pride. Mrs. Quinlan is always available to chat and is a really great principal. I would never want my kids to attend a different school. Cirby Eagles!!!!

For starters I went all through school their now my daughters on her4th year their it has changed so much the current principal is horriable my daughter was teased so bad last year she would come home n just cry I have talked with all staff about this issue nothing is ever done but the minute my daughter stands up for herself n pertects herself she is the one in trouble I hate to even haft to send her back this year but we live so close I dont really have much of a choice n their lunches I wouldnt feed my dog its truelly sad because I loved it when I went years ago.

My boys are both very happy here. My oldest son went to first grade at a school with the highest tests scores and best rated in the area, and hated it there. He didn't even remember his teachers name or make any friends for months. Then he went to a private creative school we loved but we could no longer afford. We are starting our second year at Cirby and both my children are very happy and doing well. I love the diversity at the school, and think that is a great asset to the school since many Roseville schools lack diversity. I love the ASES program and as a working parent being able to have all those great activities and care for my children at no charge it amazing. My youngest son is coming home speaking sign language all from the ASES program, and they love the cooking and karate they are learning there.

Thankfully the admin has a new principal. The old one liked to push medications and talked down to students and parents alike when the child wasn't "conforming". As for teachers, some are wonderful and get it, but others need more child development courses. You just hope you get a good teacher at any school though. Course work is structured, homework is minimal- but the teachers are constantly having to test students in class when they should be able to "teach" (its almost ridiculous). There is not enough creative or fun learning exercises. The school is trying to up their scores, but there is a high Spanish speaking population that are ESL (its not about diversity being a problem, its about kids that don't speak English but have to learn in English classrooms). The ASES after school program is horrendous- supervision is bad, staff undereducated/unqualified. Bring Adventure Club back!!

Last modified George Cirby Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.