Bad
Good

My son's first grade teacher told me he was a snot!! She constantly called him out and punished him for weeks for one indiscrimination. He now has a wonderful second grade teacher and is excelling. However there is a lot of bullying going on during recess. The principal is too worried about being liked by everyone that to take the necessary steps to stop the bullying. How many referrals need to be handed out with no success before you take it to the next level of discipline? Also they only have a art docent come to class once a month! Art is important. Computer lab is once a week, but they mostly play games. It's ridiculous. There is no music or band at all!!

This school has really lost its edge. The school doesn't treat parents or students. If you voice an issue that needs to be addressed you will quickly become the school's enemy. The school's principle is more concerned with being well liked than doing the right thing. The school also allows student safety to be compromised.

Mrs. Lewis is the best and we couldn't have asked for a better Kindergarten teacher for our son. The office ladies are awesome as well!

love it!!!! And amazing school with great staff! the kids get a good education. I would not change it for the world!

My children are on a transfer to Spanger. I couldn't be happier with the staff. So thankful they had room for us.

All of the teachers and staff are wonderful. They really show they care about the studends and want to see them succeed.

I am a Spanger parent, and I would say that I am happy with the school overall. I have heard great things about other teachers, but we have had a really not good teacher this year. My childs teacher has been out for probably 3-4 months of the school year, and the principal has no recourse. We are hoping that we have better luck next year as far as the teacher goes, but everything else has been really wonderful.

The bad: The secratary is not easy to talk to she can be rude and abrupt at times, I dont belive she is even aware of it. The good: I love her teachers they are careing and supportive with the children. My child loves to read and write, as the teachers make learning fun. They also have a very good special ed program for special needs kids. They do alot of fun-raisers, and the parents help out a lot! They are also getting a new fitness palyground and is in the progress of beeing build now. I hope to have my child stay here for the next few years as we reside in Sac Co. and have a district transfer, but the school may be too full for us this next season.

At one time Spanger was a great school. I'm not sure what happended, but the bullying and tolerance of 'bad' kids goes way too far. The 'good' children are constantly defending themselves with both the teachers and adminstration as far them not being the cause of a problem. They tolerate too much and therefore give out multiple citations that are meaningless. They don't suspend the troublemakers... there's a real problem and not safe! I will not being sending my children to Spanger next year as the school is just not up to excellence any longer.

My Child is in Kindergarten at this time and it has been a pleasure and a blessing to be in Mrs. Lewis' class. This teacher is so patient with the children and appropriately stops unruly behavior if it occurs. It's a shame we can't keep this teacher for every year our child is in elementary school. So far the principal has been great that we can see. She speaks of lifeskills to the entire school which teaches the children tools in success, effort, failure, and behavior, etc which is great. I find it hard to keep up with the numerous fundraisers, sometimes we receive 2 or 3 at one time, nonetheless, I'm sure most schools have the same challenge.

Last modified Ferris Spanger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.