Oakmont High School 4

Posted May 16, 2014
My child is a freshman at Oakmont, and they some excellent programs for the students and the parents all take a very active part in the school s activities. I do however dislike the YO-YO student schedule that is so inconsistant, some days are out early, sometimes they aren t, school hours change randomly and most of the time we parents are not notified so other arrangements can be made, and BTW the website isn t updated. (a district issue i'm sure) Frustrating as all heck to say the least. The administration office staff needs a significant attitude adjustment (seriously)! A note to them, when it's stated Attitude Is Everything it s not meant as rude, condescending and nasty attitude is everything, just sayin'. Other than those issues the school it's self is fantastic so far and I would recommend.

Posted August 08, 2013
I will be starting my freshman year here at OHS, and yesterday we Frosh attended Blue Crew Orientation. I already made at least 3 or 4 new friends and I am pleased with my schedule. The staff and admin seem great so far, very welcoming. I am excited to start school in 4 days. :)

Posted June 22, 2012
There is literally nothing awful about Oakmont High School. From the teachers, to the administration, even the campus, the school I have attended for the last 4 years has been nothing but excellent for me. Honestly, when I came on here to see that my school got 4/5 stars, I was shocked that it didn't receive 5. However, after looking at the comments I found out quickly. The only bad reviews were left with those that did not apply themselves at this school (as seen in any high school) and those that honestly do not deserve an opinion at rating this school. Seriously, someone on here gave this school one star because of someone else's comment which had "grammar mistakes." How pathetic is that. If people are complaining about crime at Oakmont, then they live under a bubble. Situated in Roseville, Oakmont has to be in one of the all around safest neighborhoods in the country. It's not because the neighborhood is filled with rich homes, rather, the people here are like that. Oakmont High School has done nothing but prepare me for my future and is entitled to every single one of my 5 stars.

Oakmont High School 2

Posted January 10, 2012
Most of the Oakmont teachers we had are good teachers and they seem to care about the kids (our favorites who were exceptional were Mr. Plank, Ms. John and Mr. Trout) but the administation is horrible. They are very rude to both the the parents and kids. The school also has a lot of crime on campus and many fights. Not the place I want my kids to attend.

Posted September 05, 2011
Oakmont is an amazing high school to attend. The teachers treat you like as an equal and not like your superior. Academically, the teachers are always there to help students (or Parents) with any questions they have about homework, classwork, after school tutoring, you name it they'll help you. The Culinary Program there is also an amazing program to enter if you have any passion for a carrer in Culinary

Oakmont High School 3

Posted August 10, 2011
Oakmont is very down to earth and the teachers are usually very helpful if any student needs help. One problem with this school, however, is it`s organization when it comes to class schedules. I am a junior and I have had a problem with my schedule all three years with three different counselors. Last year, I was a week behind in one of my classes when school started because they switched one of my classes on the first day of school without telling me about it. The counselors also cannot be talked to about schedule changes until a week after school starts!! Other than that, the working environment at Oakmont is great! I would recommend this school to anyone I know ( :

Posted August 04, 2011
I am proud to be an Oakmont parent. I have one that graduated last year and another that is soon to be a sophomore. I love the teachers so far. I have not seen any problems with drugs or drinking (thank GOD) but i have to make sure to nudge my child in the right direction.

Oakmont High School 1

Posted March 07, 2011
After reading the student reviews, I could see this school and the public school are not doing their job. Poor spelling and grammar from students rating Oakmont a great school should tell us a lot.

Oakmont High School 2

Posted February 10, 2011
Overall, oakmont is a good school ACADEMICALLY. i have straight A's and B's, but there's a HUGE bullying problem here. We've had to have bullying rallies/assemblies, which don't seem to work. I'm switching to a different highschool in a couple weeks because of this problem :/ not a good place to be if you don't like drama. but academically, Oakmont is amazing.

Oakmont High School 4

Posted April 26, 2010
As a Senior who has attended all four years here at Oakmont, I would say my experience has been good. A majority of the teachers are friendly, and understanding of high school problems. I felt Ive had a chance to really connect with teachers and other faculty. Although I must say, the office Admin has done a good job of making themselves scarce on campus(healy and werlin are exceptions to this). The Media Productions course has been a great hands on learning experience, and is by far the best program I have become actively involved in. Oakmont has treated me well these past four years, and though I am not fond of a large majority of the student population, it is a great school

Oakmont High School
1710 Cirby Way, Roseville, CA  95661
Last modified Oakmont High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakmont High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top