K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Posted October 06, 2015
Years have passed and unfortunately I just now realized that St Rose school is not what I thought. Most of the teachers have a negative attitude towards the parents, as well as the children they pick on. They show an attitude of entitlement, and a subtle undercover of lack of respect to others. The values and respect I was looking for are not there. They don't have good academics and they don't know how to handle kids that can do more that the standard curriculum and get bored with their academic approach. Kids are leaving this school for better academics, looking for quality of education. Faith values are good in here but our faith can be followed with or without attending a catholic school, no matter where you go. Extracurricular activities are limited and based only on parents coaching who most of the time do not know what they are doing. I've changed my best review I had when I started in this school to the worst review I have this time based on experience: Yes, as other parent mentioned “There are BIG bully issues in this school”. The principal is too nice, and needs leadership towards the teachers and students overstepping boundaries, and for this to happen, she needs the support not from just the parents, the Diocese as well.

Posted July 09, 2013
We have been nothing but trully blessed to be at St Rose. St Rose has been academically and spiritually rewarding to my children. We came from a different school when we arrived to St Rose and St Rose has brought nothing but joy to my family but most importantly my children.

Posted June 27, 2013
We choose to send our children to St. Rose first and foremost because of this school supports our Catholic faith. This is supported by our principal and we so appreciate that. Whenever there has been conflict with students Ms. Smoley has gotten to the bottom of it quickly and with the most positive outcome possible for all parties involved. She takes a personal interest in the students. As to the academics at this school - our child is a 2012 graduate and takes advanced classes in high school as do many of the other students who came from St. Rose, and some of the material was already covered at St. Rose. But, the bottom line to us is the caring of others that is fostered at this school from the kindergartners packing lunches for the homeless to the older grades mentoring the younger ones. We are also seeing the positive outcome of this in our high school student. I agree with the previous post in being sorry that there are those who did not find this school to be the right fit for their children and pray for their happiness wherever they chose to be.

Posted June 14, 2013
I love St Rose school. I like how the focus on the children academics and performance. Inter-schools academics and sports participation are excellent. Outstanding faith foundation. I wouldn't say to anyone to choose this school over another, that is your/our own choice according to what each of us look for our children. Personally, I always look for the best for my kids, and for my experience in this school, I've found this in St Rose. Only, I would like more of a modern infrastructure and a bigger building, but they invest more on the kids education than on infrastructure, and that it is not a big of a deal if what you are looking for is on academics, faith and values. Oh, yes, they really focus on those ones. I agree with the other positive parents comments (5 star) the school is made by all of us, not just the principal. Principal I can tell she does her best. Blessings to the parents/parent who couldn't find happiness in this school, hope they find peace.

St. Rose Elementary School 2

Posted June 14, 2013
I am a current parent in this school and feel compelled to respond to the chatter below. Faith formation is an expectation of this school, and really ANY catholic school - that is one of the many reasons why I send my children to a catholic school. But I have to disagree with the positive comments from the parents below regarding the Principal, she does not communicate and what I've experienced is no return phone calls or emails to parents that FUND the school. Unfortunately, I don't see her doing that and she's been there over 7 years! I honestly have checked out other catholic schools and they do offer more from a curriculum stand point. My decision to stay is to ride it out, like many of the parents who have kids in the older grades. Their friends are established, they seem to be doing well and the school is conveniently located. I know they'll be able to get into Christian Brothers, Jesuit or St. Francis, most of them do from a Catholic elementary school. I've heard the diocese is now getting involved and I want to thank the parents that did speak up because its given me hope that positive change is on the way.

Posted June 10, 2013
The ultimate Catholic cover up. Don't go to this school unless you really research all others. At a minimum 25 + students have already left for the 2013-2014 school year & if you do go don't get involved or you will see exactly what I mean. Principal is way over her head @ lacks leadership in everyway. Do your homework parents @ you will see for yourself. Campus is "not" secure, you can walk right through the church & out to play ground. Whoever wrote the below post are are writing it in hopes to save this mess. Thank god the diocese finally got involved to hold leadership accountable. Don't be snowed like we were. The kids that left are having a hard time assessing @ new schools because the academics aren't taught according to the sac diocese web site. These below post are activist parents that don't like that certain parents got smart & spoke up. People have made reference to cliques at other schools & a sense of community @ st rose. So funny! If you have a different opinion @ st rose god help you. The activist parents snub you, you will have you will have no communication from your principal. It's so high school from grown adults.

Posted June 08, 2013
Best Private school ! Only school around in the area with high academics standards and expectations observed by the Principal (maybe this is why some parents dont like it and complain about the school covering up with excuses why this school is not great, when it is the opposite) provides great values for your children, amazing teachers with great certifications and kids admitted to great high schools and universities such as: Stanford, Berkeley, out of State. People who left: graduation, moving out of the area and some others because of monetary issues. The school emphasizes great values,even though we provide them at home too. I was looking for the best schools , pop up this site, great schools. I didnt want to spend money on a private school if wasnt worth it, I could send them to a government school instead, I've decided to try it first. I've find the whole package in 1: High academic standards, great values, excellent safety standards around and on site, outstanding teachers with great academics and nurturing approach, and community oriented. My family feels at home!.The school is not just made by the principal, are us too, parents, students, teachers and our community.

Posted June 06, 2013
My daughter just graduated eighth grade last week and I am so incredibly grateful for the academic, social, and spiritual foundation she received. She is on her way to St. Francis and tested very well on the placement tests. My son just started fourth grade this year at St. Rose after transferring in from a smaller school and we were able to see how much higher of expectations St. Rose has. I am so grateful for those expectations - he is a 100% more responsible and independent student now because of his time at St. Rose. Let's get this straight: There is no perfect school. It is easy to get sucked into society's frenzy of fear that your child isn't getting something someone else may be getting. But if you list your family's values and your family's values are a school that cares about its Catholic education, character education, sense of community, in addition to academics, then you will love St. Rose. St. Rose looks at the whole child and THAT approach is going to help prepare these kids for the future more than anything else. These kids that are graduating are respectful, caring, and smart. I am so grateful my family has this community.

Posted June 06, 2013
I laugh at the last review. The problems that exist at St. Rose are not about parents getting sucked into wanting more. The problem is St. Rose is not offering what every other Catholic school in our area offers. Parents are leaving the school because it costs more to educate a child there without the BASE foundation. The principal has no idea what is going on the classrooms, which can be detrimental to the child's education. There are huge issues with bullying. Yes, there is NO perfect school. Be sure to bypass this one, it needs TOO much help.

Posted May 31, 2013
I have three children at St. Rose school and I am so happy they are there. I wouldn t want them in a place that doesn t promote a quality Catholic education. If you are looking for a school where your children will be taught the catholic faith and receive a quality education, then you would love this school. If you are looking for a purely academic institution, then this is not the place for you. St. Rose school is so much more. My children get the attention and help they need in class because this is their teachers vocation, not just a job! In my opinion, too many people push their children so hard with everything but teaching them their faith but what they are missing is this: As parents our goal in life should be to get our children into heaven. That s all that really matters right? If along the way we get a great education and get into a college and land a good job and all of that other good stuff than that is great. But I want my children to learn their faith and all the other stuff. And at St. Rose of Lima School that is exactly what we get. That s why I chose St. Rose and that s why I love it.

St. Rose Elementary School
633 Vine Avenue, Roseville, CA  95678
Last modified St. Rose Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8