No rating

American Montessori Academy

Living in Roseville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $178,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,060.

Posted July 22, 2013

I can't praise AMA enough! Not only is my oldest son fully prepared academically for what lies ahead for him, but his self confidence in his abilities and his work ethic drive him to do well, not for rewards from others, but because of his commitment to doing his best. This is the gift AMA has given my son because of a committed teaching staff who is always patient and kind year round, and an administrator who radiates with true love for each and every child who crosses her path.

Posted November 14, 2012

My child has been at this school for almost 4 years and I have mixed feelings. The education/class ratio is good, better than public. Initially the life skills and respect for others that was taught was a plus. Now the teacher speaks to parents in such a disrespectful way and there is no REAL option for diaolgue when parents have questions or concerns regarding school work or class events. No email option just playing phone tag with the teacher through the office. The open house is a time for you to take notes and be criticized if you don't understand or have questions vs public school when its a time for children to showcase their art, class and work. Very different. Several parents went to public for 1st grade last year because of the teacher. I also will not be keeping my child there another year for the same reasons. The owner is wonderful but parents are not comfortable bringing real concerns to her maybe due to length of time the teachers have been there. The parent team is never really explained, the people in charge were very rude so most parents didnt volunteer for anything. I wish there was a way to give comments to the owner regarding her staff and school.

Posted September 12, 2012

Amazing school, a very warm, safe environment and the level of education gained was way beyond our expectations. We have 2 children that have gone to AMA from age 3 through 1st grade and have nothing but rave reviews. Miss Karen and the Green Class teachers are amazing with the children and teaches them core values, real life tasks (like tying, pouring, etc), and the typical educational subjects. Two examples that really stood out to me were this: 1) when my daughter presented her state report in front of the class, all the other children (down to age 3) not only asked very interesting questions, but complimented her on how they liked her pictures, or said she did a good job...very positive! 2) My 4 year old came home with a playdough ball that we cut open to show the different layers of earth and she was able to identify and describe each layer...AMAZING!!! My only complaint is that we had to eventually leave and couldn't stay until 6th grade!

Posted May 25, 2012

Very disappointed this year. My child has been there for 3 1/2 years & will be leaving at the end year to learn. They have lost their focus. School is supposed to begin at 8;30..However, this year they were left on the play ground until after 9am daily. By 11am my child was son burnt on many occassions. HOw can this be when they are having additional education because of their level. Teachers are tired, under paid, & not interested in educating children any longer. Energy is gone! Prior 3 years, students left reading at 2 and 3 grade levels. Not this year - barely a focus? Paperwork would come home with "great job" and there were errors on the page that went without being addressed. Class sizes have decreased by 25% and the teachers do even less? **summer school or camp as they call it for kids 5 and over is no existent. Kids are left to color, play on the play ground, play with toys. Hardly what they describe in their 1/4 page ads to get enrollment. **Parent involvement is high until they get to meet the NEGATIVE PTA group. Leader is rude, a business person in Roseville, & TURNS people away as fast as she can from participating. No one can work with her.

Posted February 8, 2011

The school is amazing-Ms. Limbird is terrific. The school prepared my oldest well beyond what is delivered at the local charter school in Rocklin. As well, my Kindergartner is doing well, reading far above grade level and understand so many concepts.

Posted March 9, 2010

My second child is about to 'graduate' from 1st grade at AMA and I am not ready to leave! This is the most amazing school in the entire area when it comes to love, structure, academic advancement, nuturing teachers and staff.....I could go on for hours. Whoever wrote the comment about cold teachers was mistaken. The 'hands-off' approach of allowing children to explore their environments and learn on their own is not for everybody, but it has always been done with loving guidance and acceptance that children learn well when they are not interrupted by impatient adults. Please try this school if you are looking for a place that will build your child's self esteem, independence and encourage them to soar to heights you never though were possible at such a young age.

Posted February 23, 2010

The worst experience we ever had with a pre-school! The teacher was very cold toward the kids she wanted them to act like little robots just like her!!! I wouldn't recommend this military pre-school to anyone.

Posted January 5, 2010

The best education for pre-school thru 1st grade!!! The kids come out so far ahead and very prepared for any other school

Posted January 5, 2010

I have a 3rd grader who spent 4 years at AMA and a 4 year old who is in the preschool program now. Miss Doris is by far the best teacher I have ever seen. Her students come out so well prepared from the 1st grade that 2nd and 3rd grade seem like a wash. My 4 year old knew all 50 states and their capitals by the winter break. He also reads 3 letter words with ease. Miss Doris strikes a perfect balance between pushing the students to perform and providing a warm, supportive environment. If you're looking for an enriching, academic program for your child - AMA is it. I only wish that AMA went farther than the first grade!!!

Posted March 7, 2009

I have one child at AMA and we started in Sept 2008. I love this school that I am impressed with the knowledge of my 4yr old has accomplished. He has learned 13 states and can count to 50

Posted January 30, 2009

This is the absolutely best preschool/K in the area! I have two children who have attended. My daughter is an overachiever who was appropriately challenged throughout her years there. When she graduated from the 1st grade, she was working on the 4th grade SRA spelling workbook. She took a standardized test to get into another school and scored at the 99th percentile reading. My second child was always a late bloomer in everything he did, but he's thriving at AMA. He's in preK and reading on his own, thanks to their great teaching style. The Montessori method lends itself to being a good fit for all sorts of children.

Posted January 6, 2009

I have one son in the school and one who attended the school from K to 1st. Although we started the school year with him at Rocklin Academy, we found the Academy to have very low academic standards compared to what my son learned at AMA. He is reading 6th grade level in 2nd grade. Ms. Doris is the best teacher. Hard with the children at first, but they grow to love her and miss her. Ms. Doris is a driver and she'll push the children. The owner of the school is also wonderful and demands high standards of her teachers. Sometimes the workload can be stressing one the family, particularly when one has two children in the program, but the pay-off is off-the-charts.

Posted December 11, 2008

My son is in 1st grade here and has spent the last 4 years at this school. The academics are superb. The entire 1st grade class is reading at a 3rd grade level. I highly recommend this school.

Posted August 19, 2005

This school has a terrific preschool-first grade program that is dedicated to both academics and behavioral growth. The experienced staff of teachers are fully engrossed in child academic development, music and art.

Posted April 21, 2005

I have two children attending this school and it is a very positive enviroment. The kids love going to school.

Posted March 1, 2005

AMA is a wonderful school with above average academic program that allows each child to develop at an appropriate pace. The teachers are outstanding and place great emphasis on reading and learning via sensorial methods which works well with the younger children. Highly recommend.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1050 Douglas Boulevard