Ungraded
Roseville, CA

Posted July 22, 2013
I can't praise AMA enough! Not only is my oldest son fully prepared academically for what lies ahead for him, but his self confidence in his abilities and his work ethic drive him to do well, not for rewards from others, but because of his commitment to doing his best. This is the gift AMA has given my son because of a committed teaching staff who is always patient and kind year round, and an administrator who radiates with true love for each and every child who crosses her path.

American Montessori Academy 1

Posted November 14, 2012
My child has been at this school for almost 4 years and I have mixed feelings. The education/class ratio is good, better than public. Initially the life skills and respect for others that was taught was a plus. Now the teacher speaks to parents in such a disrespectful way and there is no REAL option for diaolgue when parents have questions or concerns regarding school work or class events. No email option just playing phone tag with the teacher through the office. The open house is a time for you to take notes and be criticized if you don't understand or have questions vs public school when its a time for children to showcase their art, class and work. Very different. Several parents went to public for 1st grade last year because of the teacher. I also will not be keeping my child there another year for the same reasons. The owner is wonderful but parents are not comfortable bringing real concerns to her maybe due to length of time the teachers have been there. The parent team is never really explained, the people in charge were very rude so most parents didnt volunteer for anything. I wish there was a way to give comments to the owner regarding her staff and school.

Posted September 12, 2012
Amazing school, a very warm, safe environment and the level of education gained was way beyond our expectations. We have 2 children that have gone to AMA from age 3 through 1st grade and have nothing but rave reviews. Miss Karen and the Green Class teachers are amazing with the children and teaches them core values, real life tasks (like tying, pouring, etc), and the typical educational subjects. Two examples that really stood out to me were this: 1) when my daughter presented her state report in front of the class, all the other children (down to age 3) not only asked very interesting questions, but complimented her on how they liked her pictures, or said she did a good job...very positive! 2) My 4 year old came home with a playdough ball that we cut open to show the different layers of earth and she was able to identify and describe each layer...AMAZING!!! My only complaint is that we had to eventually leave and couldn't stay until 6th grade!

American Montessori Academy 1

Posted May 25, 2012
Very disappointed this year. My child has been there for 3 1/2 years & will be leaving at the end year to learn. They have lost their focus. School is supposed to begin at 8;30..However, this year they were left on the play ground until after 9am daily. By 11am my child was son burnt on many occassions. HOw can this be when they are having additional education because of their level. Teachers are tired, under paid, & not interested in educating children any longer. Energy is gone! Prior 3 years, students left reading at 2 and 3 grade levels. Not this year - barely a focus? Paperwork would come home with "great job" and there were errors on the page that went without being addressed. Class sizes have decreased by 25% and the teachers do even less? **summer school or camp as they call it for kids 5 and over is no existent. Kids are left to color, play on the play ground, play with toys. Hardly what they describe in their 1/4 page ads to get enrollment. **Parent involvement is high until they get to meet the NEGATIVE PTA group. Leader is rude, a business person in Roseville, & TURNS people away as fast as she can from participating. No one can work with her.

Posted February 08, 2011
The school is amazing-Ms. Limbird is terrific. The school prepared my oldest well beyond what is delivered at the local charter school in Rocklin. As well, my Kindergartner is doing well, reading far above grade level and understand so many concepts.

Posted March 09, 2010
My second child is about to 'graduate' from 1st grade at AMA and I am not ready to leave! This is the most amazing school in the entire area when it comes to love, structure, academic advancement, nuturing teachers and staff.....I could go on for hours. Whoever wrote the comment about cold teachers was mistaken. The 'hands-off' approach of allowing children to explore their environments and learn on their own is not for everybody, but it has always been done with loving guidance and acceptance that children learn well when they are not interrupted by impatient adults. Please try this school if you are looking for a place that will build your child's self esteem, independence and encourage them to soar to heights you never though were possible at such a young age.

American Montessori Academy 0

Posted February 23, 2010
The worst experience we ever had with a pre-school! The teacher was very cold toward the kids she wanted them to act like little robots just like her!!! I wouldn't recommend this military pre-school to anyone.

Posted January 05, 2010
The best education for pre-school thru 1st grade!!! The kids come out so far ahead and very prepared for any other school

Posted January 05, 2010
I have a 3rd grader who spent 4 years at AMA and a 4 year old who is in the preschool program now. Miss Doris is by far the best teacher I have ever seen. Her students come out so well prepared from the 1st grade that 2nd and 3rd grade seem like a wash. My 4 year old knew all 50 states and their capitals by the winter break. He also reads 3 letter words with ease. Miss Doris strikes a perfect balance between pushing the students to perform and providing a warm, supportive environment. If you're looking for an enriching, academic program for your child - AMA is it. I only wish that AMA went farther than the first grade!!!

Posted March 07, 2009
I have one child at AMA and we started in Sept 2008. I love this school that I am impressed with the knowledge of my 4yr old has accomplished. He has learned 13 states and can count to 50

American Montessori Academy