No rating

Bradshaw Christian

Private | K-12 | 1047 students

Living in Sacramento

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $195,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,350.

Posted December 14, 2010

GET READY FOR TONS ANDTONS OF HOMEWORK! I like the school, but we will not be returning with our students next year. Our fourth grader has on average at least three to four hours of homework each night. Our student is a good student, I can't imagine how long students who may be struggling a bit must spend. The amount of homework assigned in fourth grade is absolutely ridiculous. I am trying to figure out what my son is doing in school all day if he is coming home with this much homework. We don't want our younger two children to have to experience such a negative amount of homework, so we will not stay with the school.

Posted October 23, 2010

Bradshaw Christian is AWESOME - academics and athletics! The teachers are excellent and work well with the students. I feel the school instills discipline and the motivation needed for a student to achieve his/her goals, and offers a high standard education to prepare students for college. The campus is attractive and continues to grow. The baseball field donated by former major league Greg Vaughn is one of the best in Sacramento. The athletic department is phenomenal! The teams are strong in many areas, and quit frankly of the best being well conditioned and disciplined. The discipline and family oriented feel of this school is worth the $$$ and sacrifice.

Posted September 24, 2010

The teachers have been great and have really worked to challenge my child academically and socially. The new pre school director is a woman and has been a woman for as long as the pres school has existed so the recent poster who gave the school one star really doesn't seem to be in touch with the administration at the pre school.

Posted September 6, 2010

I use to love this school base on the fact that when my kid started class the teachers would allow us to drop him of early or pick him up late, since they know that their parents need to work, his old teachers is the best!!!. Now with the new Preschool Director and his new teachers my respect for them dropped. They wont allow me to drop him of early or pick him up early or late. It has to be on time or I have to pay extra $5 per everytime i drop him of early or pick him up late. So that means extra $10 per day. His teachers has attitude problem against my cousin who dont mind dropping and picking him up at school. I am pulling him out of BCS because of the n Preschool Director and to his new teacherfor now showing compasion to the parents.

Posted July 12, 2010

I think the school means well, and the teachers too. Unfortunatley, I don't know that the teachers have the ability to deal with students that struggle in class. I know the parents need to be involved in their childs learning as well; however, when you address it with the teachers it seems as they don't have any solutions. Also, all testing of your child still goes through the public school system. Our son has gone there for 3 years, held back once and now is barely making it through 1st grade. I think the school needs to focus more on the actual education they are providing to all their students, not just the ones that excel or hold back your child until it's harmful to the child.

Posted February 22, 2010

I couldnt be happier, pleased, excited and overjoyed at the education, compassion, and Godly enviroment my children are around at Bradshaw. We have one child there this year and will have 3 next year. We think and believe the money is well worth it. You should take the tour and talk to the teachers. LOVE It>

Posted January 14, 2010

I agree with the above comments. I have two children in Bradshaw one in elementary who is doing very well and one in middle school who is struggling tremendously. Bradshw works very well for those kids who get it quick and are great academic acheivers but if your child is having a hard time don't expect Bradshaw to provide that extra time needed to help turn it around. I do like the idea of my children learning about God's principles and how it is incorporated in the curriculum but sometimes I feel the teachers and administrators do not always exhibit the best example of God's principles.

Posted October 1, 2009

My son loves his school and my husband and i are pleased with the fact that he has fun and is intellectually challenged.

Posted September 14, 2009

We have five children at Bradshaw and are now into our 11th year there. It is the single most important decision we have made as parents. In good times and in bad we have done whatever it takes to cover the tuition to keep our children in a safe and moral setting. Nice cars and sparkling credit ratings will be long forgotten decades from now, but our children's characters and superior education will be part of the foundation of a better world we pass on to future generations. I thank God every day for allowing my family to be a part of the Christian Community that has built this fine school.

Posted August 7, 2009

I am a student at Bradshaw, and have been attending for 5 years. Bradshaw is an amazing place to learn, make godly friends, and grow in a relationship with Jesus Christ. I have been extremely blessed to be able to attend BCS.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 28, 2009

I am a teacher at Bradshaw, so my opinion of our school is biased. I wanted to correct some of the misinformation in other reviews. We are accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and have been since 2006. This is the same accrediting agency that serves the California public schools, and we received a 6-year accreditation, the highest they award. Many of our teachers hold credentials or post-graduate degrees in their fields, and many others participate in educational leadership opportunities such as College Board programs and the state's Beginning Teacher Support and Assessment program. BCS has the lowest tuition in the area if you compare us to schools of similar size, academic rigor, and extra-curricular activities (that's why we have to do fund-raising). This year, teachers will go without raises in order to avoid an increase in tuition.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 1, 2009

We have 2 children at BCS. We have been there for 4 years. Our third child will be starting there soon as well. The school is amazing. The principal is incredibly approachable and involved in day to day activities of the students. We have had some teachers that we like better than others as other reviews have pointed out....but you will find that ANYWHERE. The fundraisers? If you don't want to do them...don't! They are not mandatory. We sacrafice to put our children here. We find it worth every penny. I feel so absolutely fortunate to have found this school for my kids! I couldn't ask for a better more well-rounded environment.

Posted September 4, 2008

Such an amazing school!! We have been there for three years and have loved every moment of it. The staff is exceptional! Cannot be beat!

Posted September 4, 2008

I have 2 children at BCS, one in 5th grade and one in 8th grade. This is our 5th year at the school and we have been very happy with the academics and extra-curricular offerings. The teachers are professional and caring. I send my children to this school because I want them to be in a Christian environment where they are safe and feel like they matter. This school provides this and much more. My children are being challenged academically and are learning life skills. The one thing I would improve at the school is to make sure the administration (principal/vice principal) staff are more enmeshed in daily life at the school and with the parents. Regrading the fundraisers, the school is very active in this direction but they are also quick to let parents know that no one can possibly participate in all of the fundraisers.

Posted July 31, 2008

We've had children at different times in the preschool program and it really is hit or miss with the staff. The turnover is high and I had problems with some 'newer' staff member dragging my child by the hood of her sweatshirt. It is a good school but keep close eye on the teachers and staff.

Posted June 1, 2008

My child has attended BCS for 5 years. Her teachers have been great, and the Christian environment is great. On the other hand, the homework load is overwhelming, The teacher turn-over is high, the administration lacks compassion and is steeped with nepotism and cronyism.

Posted May 16, 2008

I have to agree with a previous comment posted by a parent. Really high-achieving students thrive here, but students who struggle in any area fall consistently behind, despite best efforts by their parents. It is so frustrating to have spent $15,000 on my child's education thus far and have her so far behind. I love having her in a school where she can pray, but I feel that there should be more programs to help students who are struggling.

Posted January 28, 2008

My children have attended both private and public schools in the past and we transitioned to Bradshaw while one child was in elementary and the other in middle school. We transferred for academic reasons, we wanted a quality education, but we stay because the academic curiculum satisfactory as well as the environment is one that I want my children to be raised in. The teachers pray with and for children and parents and I feel very blessed that my children get to expereince this throughout their day. As a bonus, diversity is highly respected in the school, as well. I believe that the tuition is more than affordable, especially considering that the school has a great daycare program that helps to offset the cost.

Posted December 18, 2007

My son has been at BCS since he was 5 and he is now 16. What a great education he has gotten! He will graduate in 2 years with honors and his future is bright. College choices will be many and the staff and teachers at BCS are to thank (in addition to my son's hard work). There is discipline in every grade and respect for others is a must - but these are good things. In addition to the amazing academics, the football program is terrifc. The coaches are the best in the league, some of the most dedicated (and talented) individuals you'll ever meet. I have nothing bad to say about my experience and my son's experience at BCS!

Posted August 28, 2007

Our son loved the preschool program and is so excited about being in his new kindergarten class. We are pleased with their academic program and the extracurricular activities they have to offer. Our experience with the teachers and staff have been exceptional. The level of parent involvement is high. Sure, we are required to put in 25 hours (2 parent home) of work a year. Something we would do for nothing! The school has a lot of fundraising that is optional and parents do what they can. The tuition is reasonable compared to other schools. We are excited that our son has learned so much here! He is reading small words and we are confident he will be reading complete sentences by the end of kindergarten. His math skills are great. He is adding, subtracting, counting by 2's, 5's and 10's. We are proud to be a part of BCS!

Ethnicity This school
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Michelle Reynolds
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8324 Bradshaw Road