No rating

Bradshaw Christian

Private | K-12 | 1047 students

Living in Sacramento

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $195,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,350.

Posted May 16, 2008

I have to agree with a previous comment posted by a parent. Really high-achieving students thrive here, but students who struggle in any area fall consistently behind, despite best efforts by their parents. It is so frustrating to have spent $15,000 on my child's education thus far and have her so far behind. I love having her in a school where she can pray, but I feel that there should be more programs to help students who are struggling.

Posted January 28, 2008

My children have attended both private and public schools in the past and we transitioned to Bradshaw while one child was in elementary and the other in middle school. We transferred for academic reasons, we wanted a quality education, but we stay because the academic curiculum satisfactory as well as the environment is one that I want my children to be raised in. The teachers pray with and for children and parents and I feel very blessed that my children get to expereince this throughout their day. As a bonus, diversity is highly respected in the school, as well. I believe that the tuition is more than affordable, especially considering that the school has a great daycare program that helps to offset the cost.

Posted December 18, 2007

My son has been at BCS since he was 5 and he is now 16. What a great education he has gotten! He will graduate in 2 years with honors and his future is bright. College choices will be many and the staff and teachers at BCS are to thank (in addition to my son's hard work). There is discipline in every grade and respect for others is a must - but these are good things. In addition to the amazing academics, the football program is terrifc. The coaches are the best in the league, some of the most dedicated (and talented) individuals you'll ever meet. I have nothing bad to say about my experience and my son's experience at BCS!

Posted August 28, 2007

Our son loved the preschool program and is so excited about being in his new kindergarten class. We are pleased with their academic program and the extracurricular activities they have to offer. Our experience with the teachers and staff have been exceptional. The level of parent involvement is high. Sure, we are required to put in 25 hours (2 parent home) of work a year. Something we would do for nothing! The school has a lot of fundraising that is optional and parents do what they can. The tuition is reasonable compared to other schools. We are excited that our son has learned so much here! He is reading small words and we are confident he will be reading complete sentences by the end of kindergarten. His math skills are great. He is adding, subtracting, counting by 2's, 5's and 10's. We are proud to be a part of BCS!

Posted July 13, 2007

My children attend both the elementary and Middle School. I am happy with the quality of the education. I would consider the quality of the teachers to be above average compared to other schools. Good discipline. I would consider the Jr. High atmosphere to be superior. I'm not thrilled with the fundraisers and cost for extra-curricular activities, BUT the tuition is less than other Christian schools who also have fundraisers and add'l costs.

Posted June 4, 2007

We have had our children at the school for 5 years now. Basically it is a good school, but has alot of growing pains. The school is a safe environment in every aspect.

Posted May 29, 2007

My child has attended BCS for two years now, since PK. I love the preschool program and the elementary school is challenging as well. I find the teachers there to be very caring and I appreciate that she is learning the bible and Christian values. However, the drawbacks are all the fundraisers (I've probably donated at least $200 combined) and the discipline. I thought my child was treated a little too harshly in the beginning for being a bit rambunctious. I don't know if I will continue to send both my kids there as it is a lot of money, but they will definitely attend the high school.

Posted May 3, 2007

This school is the worst school my kids went to! So many dumb projects and stupid fundraisers! we couldn't stand it! And the price! Wooaa

Posted April 10, 2007

We have our son in the Pre-school Program. I like that he is learning about Christ and singing the songs at home. I also like the homework he gets every week. We pay about $400 per month for us to bring my son there twice a week! And then there are sooo many fundraiser over there that its a little too much. I get more heat on the progress of the fundraiser than I do with the homework or kindergarten testing.

Posted January 18, 2007

I have had two children at this school for many years and planning on moving my youngest to public school. The quality of teachers are minimal. It is hit and miss on the curriculum. It is like they try different methods and see how they work and then they are gone. To the detriment of the kids. My son has not done well there. Basically they are caring, good Christian people.

Posted August 22, 2006

We are a very proud Bradshaw Christian School family! We have 5th grade, 2nd grade and Kindergarten students in attendance. They truly stand firm on doing what is best for the children. Not only are our children excelling academically (performing well above nationwide levels), they are growing up to be good, concerned citizens in their community. They are non-denominational, but administration, staff, and teachers are Christ-centered in how they do their work and how they accomplish their tasks. They take the time to not only pray for families and the community, they also take the initiative to proactively 'DO' what they can to make a positive difference in people's lives. Needless to say, we love the school not only for the education they provide, but for their support and concern it gives to all members of the BCS family.

Posted June 29, 2006

We have a daughter attending pk now and she loves it. It has helped her grow in her so many ways. We love her teachers and all her friends. Great leadership and always lots of TLC. Thanks for such a great school. CK

Posted May 19, 2006

My daughter started pre-school with Bradshaw Christian school and loves it. The PK and Kindergarten teachers have a lot of energy and make a child's first years fun and memorable. My daughters is reading 4 and 5 letter words in Kindergarten and can't wait for 1st grade!

Posted March 28, 2006

I had 2 children that attended Bradshaw from pre-school through Kindergarten. Although I loved my childrens teachers there was definitley issues with Leadership in the school. Their lack of compassion as a Christian School was appalling.

Posted February 2, 2006

This is a wonderful school. Not too small yet not too large. The teachers take a personal interest in your child and the administration staff knows each child's name. Because the school is small (about 1500 students PreK-11th)there is a greater sense of belonging. The homework (high school level) seems to be pretty heavy but over all both my children are happy there. The quality of academic programs is high. The teachers are knowledgable and well versed in their subjects. There are many extracurricular activities including music, art, computer and sports. The school is in the process of building it high school building. The new high school will also include a tennis court, swimming, track, baseball field, and a performing arts area. Level of parent involvement is high and each family is requied to 'put in' 25 hours of work each school year.

Posted January 23, 2006

My son attended Bradshaw Chrsitian School for both preschool and Kindergarten. We were extremely pleased with the school. My son was reading sentences in their Jr. kindergarten (preschool for fours) class. He not only knew his sounds, he knew his blends and the reules for sounding out words. In kindergaten, they took things a step further. They read books, teamed up with 5th graders for a reading mentor program (reading buddies), and took computer and library classes. Their math program was very strong as well. They learned to add and subtract, count money and fractions, just to name a few. Some people thought this was too advanced for kindergartners. But the kids were interested and excelling. The main reason was the teachers made learning fun and it had been a pleasure to watch.

Posted August 16, 2005

Fantastic school with programs that focus on spiritual growth, positive character development, academic excellence, and ethical/social contributions back to the community. The teachers at the school have exhibited a strong desire to work with students and teach. They work with administration on building better citizens. Our children have grown in many facets and tell us they love going to school. It has been difficult at times financially as we work hard to send our children to a private school, but the christian-base values and the growth of their faith, coupled with their excellence in academics is truly, priceless!

Posted February 25, 2004

My son has been attending BCS for 5 years and will be entering BCS High School in the Fall of 2004. I cannot say enough good things about the schools consistent high morals, strong values, excellent instruction materials and teaching skills that are provided by the entire faculty and staff of BCS. Even though we have grown to approximately 700 students, the quality, morals and values of the school does not change.

Posted September 9, 2003

We have a preschooler & 1st grader who attend this school. As a parent with a limited religious upbringing, BCS offers a well balanced, educated and caring environment that strives to offer the best opportunity to all children regardless of religious background. I am proud to be a BCS parent !

Posted August 10, 2003

Great caring teachers, who really work with the children. We have two there -- elementary and middle school. Lots of work and thought and real moral values happens there.

Ethnicity This school
White 83%
Black 13%
Hispanic 3%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Michelle Reynolds
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8324 Bradshaw Road