PK-12|Private
1,047 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My children (my freshman daughter, and 3rd grade son) have been going to this school since kindergarten and haven't had any problems included. My children are A students so I know for a fact it's a very educational school. I also know, because the school has even gotten rewards for their high level education. We have recommended this school to friends and family, and which have joined are very satisfied. -A Parent

I pulled my daughter out of Bradshaw Christian at the end of her second grade year 2013. I must say the staff was very friendly, they treated my daughter with care and respect, my problem with the school was the lack of diversity in the teaching staff, and the academics. My daughter is a high learner, and when we pulled her from Bradshaw to homeschool her we found out she was about 2 years behind in math, Visions in education, the homeschool program I now use has a certified teacher come to our home every 21 days to check her work and progress. The first year was hard because Visions second graders were already starting multiplication and long division, whereas Bradshaw second graders were still doing 2 column addition and subtraction. It was hard work getting her caught up, but she's an absolute go getter and is now working a year above her grade in all subjects. As for the diversity there were no (at the time) teachers of any other color or gender, preschool through elementary, all Caucasian, female, for a diverse population of students, there should be an equally diverse teaching staff. I believe the reason being is the owner of the schools' daughter is the principal of elementary, the head of pre-school at the time was her mother-in-law, the vice principal at the time was her best friend and the list goes on. The nepotism and cronyism at Bradshaw is rampant. The elementary, at the time had no cafeteria, my daughter hated eating under the tent in the weather extremes. When there were enough funds to build another building, they decided on a high school gym, instead of a cafeteria. The year I pulled my daughter was immediately following the election and boy you should have heard the racist, vile things these children, elementary school children nonetheless were saying about our president, the hateful bumper stickers...I thought, these are not the types of "Christians I want my daughter associating with. In short, nice people, teaching staff way to monolithic, outside hiring non-existent, academics way behind other private and public schools. If you are a parent who may be looking for more diverse role models in teaching for your children, race and gender wise, if you are looking for higher learning and a more passionate academic program another school, or homeschool may be a better option.

Develops character: Disagree

There were a few misdeeds on the parts of the students, that were pretty controversial at the time that staff and administration covered up, most likely to preserve the integrity of the school.

Our two children have attended BCS for nearly 5 years, starting in the preschool and now into upper elementary grades. We have found Bradshaw to be a blessing to our family. The teachers and administration know each of our children's strengths and weaknesses. They are not just a number on a class roster, but are seen as real people. Teachers and administrators have always made themselves available to us as parents to discuss struggles our children may be having, to offer encouragement and to work with us to develop strategies for overcoming an obstacle. They also celebrate our children's successes as well! We feel that this personal relationship with the people educating our children far exceeds what we might see at other schools. Administration has always been open to our feedback regarding our experience and have always made us feel like our point of view is valued. The teachers do well to guide our children through both academics and social-emotional development. Our favorite teachers in the lower elementary grades have been Mrs. Coppola and Mrs. Maw, and for the upper grades we've loved Mrs. Stassi and Mrs. Bryan. We will always appreciate how they have educated and loved our children and walked along side us as parents in teaching them about the values that are important. We look forward to many more successful years at BCS.

My child has attended Bradshaw Christian PreSchool for (almost) 1 year. We are incredibly thankful for this school, the teachers, staff, administrative staff and community. I had been a stay at home mother with my daughter for the past year, and so when I obtained a part time job, the thought of sending her to preschool was a challenge. What I appreciated most initially was how, Mrs. Sarmiento, the director took the time to hear my concerns and help me look at what schedule would be best for my child. I felt that I could contact the office at any time to check in on how she was doing, and I felt heard and understood. The 4 teachers we have had so far have been top notch. Ms. Marie and Ms.Kathy offered an incredibly nurturing environment for my daughter, which we desired for her first classroom experience and she thrived with it. When I dropped her off, Ms. Marie would tend to her with a hug and a gentle reassurance. I saw how this became exactly what my daughter needed as she adjusted. I visited the classroom often for check ins and parties, and I always saw the teachers engaged with the kids. The room felt clean and provided lots of fun toys. I also appreciated the time the teachers (and administrative staff) took to check roll each time the children left the room for outside play, chapel, etc. The preschool area is fully gated and locked and I felt safe dropping off my child. Now we are in a different classroom as my child is 3.5 and fully potty trained. I was nervous to have her switch rooms because I was very happy with Ms. Marie and Ms.Kathy; but I have found that I am equally thankful for her new teachers, as well. Ms. Dianne and Ms. Claudia are very engaged with their students and provide great age-appropriate activities and art projects. Ms. Dianne prays with them and has them interacting with a strong sense of classroom community. My child has come home learning days, months, letters, shapes, chapel worship songs and more. I have been very impressed with my experience in her new class room. This is my honest experience with Bradshaw's preschool. I highly recommend this school and believe they work hard to uphold their core values and mission statement (which I can find posted throughout the offices and classrooms). Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

My husband and I are so thankful for Bradshaw Christian School. We were reluctant to send our daughter to preschool so early (2 years old), but we are grateful we did. She has grown so much over the past year and a half that she has been in their program. She comes home singing songs, counting to 20, identifying her letters but most importantly she comes home telling us about Jesus and "showing" us how to pray. Her teachers go above and beyond to love on her. She is always welcomed to school in the morning with a hug by her teachers. Blessed to be a part for the BCS family.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Honest, integrity, and fairness are at the heart of what Bradshaw Christian is all about. Jesus develops that in each of us through the experience of this Christian school.

My children have attended Bradshaw Christian since Kindergarten and 1st grade, and now are in 11th and 12th grade respectively. It has been a joy to watch them grow in all aspects of their character through involvement with various staff academically, athletically, and socially. Both of them are well prepared for life after high school and will have a wide variety of college options to choose from. What I've appreciated most about the staff is that they've seen my children as people not just numbers in a system. Teachers have challenged both my children to grow while loving them for who they are. The rigor of High School is excellent with several AP options. Athletics are very competitive with continual growth each year. The majority of the student body participates in extra curricular activities. I highly recommend this school!

My daughter has been at BCS Preschool for 2 years and we have been so thankful for our time here. The administration is responsive and welcoming. The fact that my kids regularly walk into the director's office to play with her toys and books while I visit with her says something: this is a place that welcomes parents and their feedback. I saw this firsthand lately as my 4 year old daughter struggled to fall asleep during nap time. While some of her classmates were transitioning to the non-nap room and I was worried this might be the only option left for our daughter, our family just wasn't ready to do it. I reached out to the staff, and the administration met with me and even took the time to bring in the classroom teacher to brainstorm what would work best for my DAUGHTER. They listened to my needs and helped come up with an incentive system that worked wonders (we are now SUCCESSFULLY sleeping at nap time!). I appreciated their willingness to see our needs and meet them in ways that I know took time and work for them. My daughter LOVES going to school. From the summer water days to the Jog a Thon to the 4th of July Bike Parade...there is always something fun happening and a bunch of parents on the sidelines to cheer and take pictures. I always feel welcomed in the classroom and I like the care the teachers put into the environment. It feels clean and safe, the teachers PLAY with the kids and teach them how to interact with each other, and it just looks like a lot of FUN. The staff cares about knowing my daughter and they appreciate what makes her unique. For a working mom like myself, I'm so thankful I get to leave my daughter in the hands of a staff who will LOVE her and help her grow.

Amount of homework: no rating

Each student sis different. What I can say is that the administration and faculty are open to hearing concerns and making the appropriate adjustments.

Last modified Bradshaw Christian is a Private school that serves grades PK-12