Sacramento, CA
Students enrolled: 1,047

Posted June 08, 2015
My daughter has been at BCS Preschool for 2 years and we have been so thankful for our time here. The administration is responsive and welcoming. The fact that my kids regularly walk into the director's office to play with her toys and books while I visit with her says something: this is a place that welcomes parents and their feedback. I saw this firsthand lately as my 4 year old daughter struggled to fall asleep during nap time. While some of her classmates were transitioning to the non-nap room and I was worried this might be the only option left for our daughter, our family just wasn't ready to do it. I reached out to the staff, and the administration met with me and even took the time to bring in the classroom teacher to brainstorm what would work best for my DAUGHTER. They listened to my needs and helped come up with an incentive system that worked wonders (we are now SUCCESSFULLY sleeping at nap time!). I appreciated their willingness to see our needs and meet them in ways that I know took time and work for them. My daughter LOVES going to school. From the summer water days to the Jog a Thon to the 4th of July Bike Parade...there is always something fun happening and a bunch of parents on the sidelines to cheer and take pictures. I always feel welcomed in the classroom and I like the care the teachers put into the environment. It feels clean and safe, the teachers PLAY with the kids and teach them how to interact with each other, and it just looks like a lot of FUN. The staff cares about knowing my daughter and they appreciate what makes her unique. For a working mom like myself, I'm so thankful I get to leave my daughter in the hands of a staff who will LOVE her and help her grow.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted June 06, 2015
Each student sis different. What I can say is that the administration and faculty are open to hearing concerns and making the appropriate adjustments.

Posted June 06, 2015
Twelve years ago I came to Bradshaw Christian School as the middle school and high school Social Studies teacher. At the time the school was excited to be offering its first 9th grade class. We had less than 20 in that group that would eventually be the class of 2007. Over the last 11 years I have had the pleasure to participate in the growth of this school. I have watched us grow form a high school of less than 20 to the current 350 student population. I have been able to move from teacher to administrator and now have the privilege of doing both. I have had the honor of teaching some of the finest students and working along side some of the greatest people I have ever met. It has been those students and those faculty and administrators that have pushed the school into new and exciting territory. Bradshaw Christian this year was named one of “America’s Most Challenging Schools” by the Washington Post. We are sending students to some of the countries most prestigious and rigorous universities and we are looking to continue to add more and more challenging and engaging courses to our already diverse selection. The school has also won over 20 CIF Section championships and has experienced incredible success in all areas of athletics. The school is a place where students can develop both the mental and the physical. However, more than anything the faculty and staff at Bradshaw want the students and families to see and know Jesus. The school is not perfect, but it is this passionate desire that has led me to put my own children in the school. My youngest just completed a year of pre-school and my oldest son will be entering 3rd grade. I have now gotten to witness first hand as a parent all the ways that my sons are challenged, but most importantly all the ways that they are loved and encouraged. If I were to leave the school tomorrow as an employee my sons would continue to attend Bradshaw Christian School because I see every day how they are cherished as well as challenged. I would highly encourage anyone seeking a Christian school for their children to come and tour the school. I believe you would be very impressed with what you see and experience.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 31, 2015
They only care to enforce rules, and guilt shame. When a problem is brought to the table, they disregard it and enforce discipline.

Bradshaw Christian 1

Posted May 31, 2015
Bradshaw over the course of years has really just degraded. Its horrendous. Within the last year ALONE, most of the highschool and middleschool teachers have quit from Bradshaw, and have moved to teach at other schools such as Capital Chrisitan, even PUBLIC schools. There is a clique in the highschool within the top administers. (names will be left out). They are a good part of the reason as to why teachers are leaving. Not only that but as they replace those empty spaces they aren't even checking QUALIFICATION. My middle school daughter had a science teacher for only a year, because of the reason that, he wasn't even qualified to teach! He literally took them to the pond, and let them watch videos. Which I myself found suspicious. Only for my suspicions to be confirmed. I am GLADLY taking my second child out of the school to go to Public, just like I did with my oldest. I left her there, because I wanted to give Bradshaw a second chance, only for me to be highly dissapointed again. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD SCHOOL. Public: Pleasant Grove High School Private Christian: Saint Francis/Jesuit(HS), Capital Christian(Kin - HS) Please consider my post. Both of my kids have been going to BCS since preschool, so I have witnessed its decline in about everything about the school.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted April 25, 2015
My son has been there since preschool, and we have had an overall good experience with the school. We appreciate the strong emphasis on math. My son was placed in the high math group and seems to enjoy the challenge. We also like the enrichment opportunities that are given to kids such as computers and music. His teacher is organized and communicates well. We are happy with what BCS offers our son!

Bradshaw Christian 1

Posted April 10, 2015
I used to love Bradshaw Christian and still love the teachers but can not stand the preschool director. My kids father and I share custody and she just could not get that under control (not that it was her business). I get she was trying to follow the court order but if her dad and I both agree that one of us can pick her up on a day that isn't ours, that should be our business. Long story short police were called, I was forced to stay in her office for 2 hours with my kids until their dad and the police arrived just to tell her that if it's mutually agreed, it's fine. She got so stressed out she ended up telling us our innocent, NEVER BEEN IN TROUBLE ONCE child was not allowed back on campus. My daughter is crushed. My opinion of that school has gone so far down the toilet I will never recommend it to anyone.

Posted January 20, 2015
My son attending BCS for Kindergarten, he has been there for preschool and pre K. I was looking for a school which focused on academics and moral development. We have been blessed by this school. As a widowed parent I need the support of a community and I have received this at BCS. He is ahead of all the milestones laid out academically for Kindergarten, he has a good moral base developed and he is able to play sports through the after school program there. Very satisfied thus far. Hoping for credentialing to be manditory in the future.

Bradshaw Christian 2

Posted December 04, 2014
I attended Bradshaw Christian for 5 years. I would say the only good part about it is the fact that it is a Christian school. I was honestly able to have my relationship grow with God. Besides that everything was not just bad but horrible! It is overpriced for what you get. Many of the teachers are subs who get pulled into teaching posistions because not many decent teachers actually want to teach at Bradshaw. If you plan on wanting your kid to go to a reputable college don't send them here because the best they will get into an expensive private Christian college unless you can manage to get an athletic scholarship. In my opinion they are extremely profit based, no matter how much money they recieve they will always manage to find an additional cost throughout the schoolyear. I was a straight A student all my years at Bradhsaw, but then I changed to public school. I realized Bradshaw didn't prepare me at all for high school, so I had to catch up and I am still catching up in order to maintain my 4.0. Your kid will enjoy how easy school is, but just plan on them going to Sac State or an equivalent college if you send your child here. Goodluck!

8324 Bradshaw Road, Sacramento, CA  95829