PK-12|Private
1,047 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Bradshaw Christian 3

Posted June 17, 2016
I pulled my daughter out of Bradshaw Christian at the end of her second grade year 2013. I must say the staff was very friendly, they treated my daughter with care and respect, my problem with the school was the lack of diversity in the teaching staff, and the academics. My daughter is a high learner, and when we pulled her from Bradshaw to homeschool her we found out she was about 2 years behind in math, Visions in education, the homeschool program I now use has a certified teacher come to our home every 21 days to check her work and progress. The first year was hard because Visions second graders were already starting multiplication and long division, whereas Bradshaw second graders were still doing 2 column addition and subtraction. It was hard work getting her caught up, but she's an absolute go getter and is now working a year above her grade in all subjects. As for the diversity there were no (at the time) teachers of any other color or gender, preschool through elementary, all Caucasian, female, for a diverse population of students, there should be an equally diverse teaching staff. I believe the reason being is the owner of the schools' daughter is the principal of elementary, the head of pre-school at the time was her mother-in-law, the vice principal at the time was her best friend and the list goes on. The nepotism and cronyism at Bradshaw is rampant. The elementary, at the time had no cafeteria, my daughter hated eating under the tent in the weather extremes. When there were enough funds to build another building, they decided on a high school gym, instead of a cafeteria. The year I pulled my daughter was immediately following the election and boy you should have heard the racist, vile things these children, elementary school children nonetheless were saying about our president, the hateful bumper stickers...I thought, these are not the types of "Christians I want my daughter associating with. In short, nice people, teaching staff way to monolithic, outside hiring non-existent, academics way behind other private and public schools. If you are a parent who may be looking for more diverse role models in teaching for your children, race and gender wise, if you are looking for higher learning and a more passionate academic program another school, or homeschool may be a better option.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted June 17, 2016
Myself, for pulling my child out before she fell behind and didn't have the time or knowledge to keep up.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted June 17, 2016
Bradshaw is full of children with pretentious parents, who then pass these traits onto their children, who then turn into spoiled, coddled young adults.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted June 17, 2016
Bullying and social out casting is big in the playground environment, I was an at school all the time parent so I was aware of these things.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 17, 2016
There were a few misdeeds on the parts of the students, that were pretty controversial at the time that staff and administration covered up, most likely to preserve the integrity of the school.

Bradshaw Christian 5

Posted May 19, 2016
Our two children have attended BCS for nearly 5 years, starting in the preschool and now into upper elementary grades. We have found Bradshaw to be a blessing to our family. The teachers and administration know each of our children's strengths and weaknesses. They are not just a number on a class roster, but are seen as real people. Teachers and administrators have always made themselves available to us as parents to discuss struggles our children may be having, to offer encouragement and to work with us to develop strategies for overcoming an obstacle. They also celebrate our children's successes as well! We feel that this personal relationship with the people educating our children far exceeds what we might see at other schools. Administration has always been open to our feedback regarding our experience and have always made us feel like our point of view is valued. The teachers do well to guide our children through both academics and social-emotional development. Our favorite teachers in the lower elementary grades have been Mrs. Coppola and Mrs. Maw, and for the upper grades we've loved Mrs. Stassi and Mrs. Bryan. We will always appreciate how they have educated and loved our children and walked along side us as parents in teaching them about the values that are important. We look forward to many more successful years at BCS.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 19, 2016
The principal, Mrs. Hage, has worked closely with our family when dealing with a difficult social issue. Her efforts were beneficial and we appreciate her willingness to help us find resolution. Teachers Mrs. Bryan and Mrs. Maw are amazing and we are so thankful for them.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 13, 2016
Ms. Marie, Ms. Kathy, Ms. Dianne, Ms. Claudia (Preschool) I would also like to thank Ms. Sarmiento (director)

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 13, 2016
I see the teacher's engaged when children aren't sharing or playing kindly. They don't let this simply "happen" they address it and help the children grow.

Bradshaw Christian 5

Posted April 13, 2016
My child has attended Bradshaw Christian PreSchool for (almost) 1 year. We are incredibly thankful for this school, the teachers, staff, administrative staff and community. I had been a stay at home mother with my daughter for the past year, and so when I obtained a part time job, the thought of sending her to preschool was a challenge. What I appreciated most initially was how, Mrs. Sarmiento, the director took the time to hear my concerns and help me look at what schedule would be best for my child. I felt that I could contact the office at any time to check in on how she was doing, and I felt heard and understood. The 4 teachers we have had so far have been top notch. Ms. Marie and Ms.Kathy offered an incredibly nurturing environment for my daughter, which we desired for her first classroom experience and she thrived with it. When I dropped her off, Ms. Marie would tend to her with a hug and a gentle reassurance. I saw how this became exactly what my daughter needed as she adjusted. I visited the classroom often for check ins and parties, and I always saw the teachers engaged with the kids. The room felt clean and provided lots of fun toys. I also appreciated the time the teachers (and administrative staff) took to check roll each time the children left the room for outside play, chapel, etc. The preschool area is fully gated and locked and I felt safe dropping off my child. Now we are in a different classroom as my child is 3.5 and fully potty trained. I was nervous to have her switch rooms because I was very happy with Ms. Marie and Ms.Kathy; but I have found that I am equally thankful for her new teachers, as well. Ms. Dianne and Ms. Claudia are very engaged with their students and provide great age-appropriate activities and art projects. Ms. Dianne prays with them and has them interacting with a strong sense of classroom community. My child has come home learning days, months, letters, shapes, chapel worship songs and more. I have been very impressed with my experience in her new class room. This is my honest experience with Bradshaw's preschool. I highly recommend this school and believe they work hard to uphold their core values and mission statement (which I can find posted throughout the offices and classrooms). Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

8324 Bradshaw Road, Sacramento, CA  95829