No rating

Capital Christian School

Private | K-12 | 908 students

Living in Sacramento

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $130,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,010.

Posted August 14, 2014

This is a great school with awesome teachers. I really like that kids wear uniform.

Posted January 4, 2013

This school has it all! Year round sports and enrichment programs like music and art are included in the academic program. It is a Christ centered education so they also get Bible and weekly chapel. I love the uniform policy and personally think every school should require uniforms. Some teachers are not credentialed, but I don't necessarily view this as a negative. I would rather have a math teacher who has a mathematics or engineering degree than one with a liberal arts degree with credentials. I ended up removing my daughter due to the large class sizes and disparity in age ranges. I am homeschooling now and my child is already reading and writing (K) at a first grade level, I am wondering what she learned there now besides all the extra stuff like Bible, music, art, P.E. and chapel. In my humble opinion, this is a wonderful overall school where your child will be loved and educated, however, the academics need to be improved.

Posted October 13, 2011

Capital Christian is a great school to nuture a child's OVERALL success. CCS provides a well-rounded child and we have been very happy with our experiences these past 5 years.

Posted May 20, 2011

I totally agreed with one of the reviewer that for private school, 25 students per 1 teacher is a little too much. I really don't know how one teacher can watch 25 kids. Even public school's class size is smaller than that. The kindergarden play area doesn't have a gate area, what would happen if one kid runs away when there is only 1 teacher watching all 25 kids. Also, the play area is so small and I don't know how it would fit all 25 kids in there. It would be all jamed. A public kindergarden play area are fenced and much much bigger than the one I saw. One other thing that worries me is that the kids have to nap for an hour. I have never heard that Kindergarden kids have to nap. I was a little shocking about that. Started off with worries and scared feeling.

Posted October 6, 2010

This school is an excellent choice for parents concerned about their child's education. The school provides a Christian foundation, essential life skills training as well as academic arena for success. My son has attended pre-school and now is in Kindergarten and is excelling in his behavioral interaction with other children and comprehending books he reads. I have no plans for him to attend any other school.

Posted September 25, 2010

class size are way too large for a private school. Thier classes can hit close to 30 children in a class. Most public schools dont even have that many anymore. Studies show once school reach over 20 the benefit of a smaller class dimishes. They star test and their score is not bad but definitely not great. If your looking for a school that focuses on christianity then this school is perfect but the teaching methods does not translate until outstanding scores

Posted March 30, 2010

As a student who attended Capital for a long period (and three sisters who also attended, so a total of 16 years of high school experience among us), I found it excellent in certain areas while lacking in others. Building and focusing on spiritual and moral character promotion was always a huge focus and an area in which I believe this school excelled at. Academics and quality of instruction in terms of basic subject matter however were in some ways lacking. As this was the only school my sisters and I attended, I really do not have outside comparisons to give. As such, my thoughts are based on how well the education both spiritually and academically prepares students for life after high school. I would and probably will send my children to Capital someday, but with an attentive eye on their understanding of subject matter.

Posted January 5, 2010

I dont believe the posters here who have denigrated and complained about this school. Do to my military service & other factors, my son has been in no less than 6 different schools, 3 of them public and 3 of them Christian/private. NOBODY puts a higher emphasis on academics than I do, and this school more than achieves in academic excellence. The 2007/2007 high school graduating class had something like a 47% Scholarship rate. This school isnt easy, it takes a LOT of work by both parent and child and I'd bet the parents complaining here are the larger part of the problem. My son has been here 3 years now, and even though I've been offered promotions to take jobs out of the area (retired from the Marine Corps and now employed elsewhere) because I am dedicated to keep my son in this school! Colleges actively recruit from this school.

Posted May 21, 2009

Im satisfied with this school. My kid have been attending CCS since preschool. Shes now in 8th gd.There will always be shortcomings everywhere, despite of mine, leaving my kid in the hand of this school gives me peace of mind. I trust CCS.

Posted April 21, 2009

Some of the parents right their child was behind after leaving this school i wonder if they also behind when they were in this school because i find that the work my daughter is getting in the lower grade exceedes the work my friend daughter receives in the same grade

Posted April 2, 2009

I am raising a grand-daugher who attended other schools (yes, christian) before attending Capital. This is the best school she has ever attended. She commented that she wished she had started way before now (10th grade). The academics are superior. I would say for the exception of maybe one teacher they are are strong, wonderful teachers who want the best for our students. I am very happy that she goes to this school. It is worth the time and money!!

Posted March 4, 2009

I have two sons who have been at Capital since preschool (now in 2nd and 4th) and we could not be happier with the school. The teachers and administration are wonderful, and the facilities are great too. The curriculum can be challenging but we manage and the kids are leaps and bounds ahead of others in the same grades at nearby schools. Its too bad some of the parents who rated the school had a bad experience; just remember there's always two sides to every story.

Posted February 24, 2009

I agree that this school is not about the education. I also have had my child at Capitla since the preschool years and he is now in a public school and is far behind and not able to make it in the real world. Waht a disappointment. They are only concerned aobut the Dollar and the staff is very rude and not willing to listen to anyghting you say and just feel that they are rtight. IF you have a mind and use it you are bad and it is wrong for you to speak your mind.

Posted October 26, 2008

My son started this year, he was previously in private daycare and we attempted another preschool before this one about 1 yr ago. The other preschool, I loved as my 7 yr old went there for two years and then in grade school did an afterschool program. However, my 4 yr old did not work out there.. at the time he was two. I was fearful of having new behavior problems and old ones too. He seemed to deal with the adjustment to preschool hard the first time. He started having accidents, tantrums, and telling the teacher no! Capitol Christian gets a million stars in my book. These teachers are experienced and seasoned. They help the kids understand conflict resolution and fixing the problem. I am so happy in the growth and love

Posted October 3, 2008

I have experienced each department of CCS from preschool into high school. The teachers pray with the children and the parents and take a genuine interest in the family. They are very supportive and have helped my children grow both academically and spiritually. When my son was in preschool he was 'caught' praying for one of his friends who had fallen and gotten hurt. My daughter has struggled with her health and academics. The teachers and administration were always on my side. They prayed with her and guided her in her walk with the Lord. This school has an NILD (National Institute for Learning Disabilities) program, a resource program and cougar connection for the children who are excelling. This school really encourages every child and every family to reach their full potential. Definately worth the sacrifices we have made over the years.

Posted September 4, 2008

My son has attended going on his second year here & we are very pleased. They are very attentive to issues that arise & very dedicated to the students. Private School is very expensive but I feel we are paying for an excellent education & have a voice.

Posted July 1, 2008

We were very disappointed in this school. The level of education was substandard and the staff we dealt with was unnecessarily rude and confrontational. My child s teacher had the audacity to lie to my face and the vice principle spoke to me and my spouse very condescendingly and with very little respect. This attitude was very disturbing and so contrary to our Christian beliefs that we pulled our child out after only six months of attendance. We would never recommend this school to anyone!

Posted June 17, 2008

The teacher were extremly willing to work with me in and out of the classroom. I felt that the admin was extremly approachable as well as fair to every student. The one thing that disappoints me about this school is that they seem far to interested in sports than in their fine arts and educational programs.

Posted May 22, 2008

After previously attending public school the transition to Capital Christian was one of the best things I could have ever done. They have excellent facilaties, faculty and peers. The over all expirience has been amazing, and the only thing I regret is not attending Capital sooner.

Posted April 2, 2008

The administration is more concerened with the almighty dollar than the Almighty. Very disappointed after 5 1/2 years. I moved my son to a public scholl in 4th grade and was also shocked how far behind he was academically.

Ethnicity This school
White 91%
Black 4%
Hispanic 2%
Two or more races 1%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. Todd Jacobs
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Assembly of god
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9470 Micron Avenue