K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teachers are very kind and truly care about students, but quality of education is below par. Certain teachers are very unorganized. Athletics are placed as more important than education and students participating in athletics that bring attention/funds/donations to the school (i.e. Football and basketball) are heavily favored. Bullying is an everyday occurance and the student body is extremely "clique-y." If you enter CCHS as a transfer student, good luck making friends. Again, a semi-redeeming factor is the kindness and compassion of some of the teachers, but other than that it was not a good experience.

This is a great school with awesome teachers. I really like that kids wear uniform. Love everything about this school. My kids go to this school for the last 7 years. Highly recommend!

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I found disorganization among the staff, the teachers are nice most of the time. .

Amount of homework: Disagree

It is terrible, it never leaves anytime for R and R. I was very stressed.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school forces us to do mindless work and swamps us with essays and reports. Bullying is a serious issue.

This school, is interesting... My experience is middle school was horrible. They would often have us do "busy work", mindlessly coping notes for no reason. This school robbed me of my work ethic, I nearly gave up before the end of the first semester. I came into school very motivated. I was swamped with worthless homework. The only way to get straight A's was to try and spend many hours on homework. Normally I would commend a school for this but the homework load was unbearable. There was no way I could keep up. I found my math, English, and Science lacking. I soon fell behind in school and found my self "getting by". I was forced into a monotonous cycle having to deal with projects constantly being swamped on me. I was very stressed because of bullying and peer pressure. The chapels where more like rock concerts, the uniform code is abandoned for the most part and they focus more in sports than anything else. Kids would get hyped up on soda and they would do crazy things like throwing pencils and erasers across the room, spraying deodorant In class, screaming talking, messing with their phone, and even combing their hair. The administration did not deal with problems that I would bring up. This school has misguided educational standards, it only truly exceeds in sports. The bullying is proving to become a more serious issue that is not getting dealt with. Some physical conflicts even arose. I hope this school gets on the right track soon as it has amazing potential but refuses to use it.

This school has it all! Year round sports and enrichment programs like music and art are included in the academic program. It is a Christ centered education so they also get Bible and weekly chapel. I love the uniform policy and personally think every school should require uniforms. Some teachers are not credentialed, but I don't necessarily view this as a negative. I would rather have a math teacher who has a mathematics or engineering degree than one with a liberal arts degree with credentials. I ended up removing my daughter due to the large class sizes and disparity in age ranges. I am homeschooling now and my child is already reading and writing (K) at a first grade level, I am wondering what she learned there now besides all the extra stuff like Bible, music, art, P.E. and chapel. In my humble opinion, this is a wonderful overall school where your child will be loved and educated, however, the academics need to be improved.

Capital Christian is a great school to nuture a child's OVERALL success. CCS provides a well-rounded child and we have been very happy with our experiences these past 5 years.

I totally agreed with one of the reviewer that for private school, 25 students per 1 teacher is a little too much. I really don't know how one teacher can watch 25 kids. Even public school's class size is smaller than that. The kindergarden play area doesn't have a gate area, what would happen if one kid runs away when there is only 1 teacher watching all 25 kids. Also, the play area is so small and I don't know how it would fit all 25 kids in there. It would be all jamed. A public kindergarden play area are fenced and much much bigger than the one I saw. One other thing that worries me is that the kids have to nap for an hour. I have never heard that Kindergarden kids have to nap. I was a little shocking about that. Started off with worries and scared feeling.

This school is an excellent choice for parents concerned about their child's education. The school provides a Christian foundation, essential life skills training as well as academic arena for success. My son has attended pre-school and now is in Kindergarten and is excelling in his behavioral interaction with other children and comprehending books he reads. I have no plans for him to attend any other school.

Last modified Capital Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12