K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Capital Christian School 5

Posted December 09, 2015
This is a great school with awesome teachers. I really like that kids wear uniform. Love everything about this school. My kids go to this school for the last 7 years. Highly recommend!

Grateful to: Student

Posted October 26, 2015
I want to say thanks to my friend Ethan who always helped me get through hard times.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted October 26, 2015
I found disorganization among the staff, the teachers are nice most of the time. .

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted October 26, 2015
It is terrible, it never leaves anytime for R and R. I was very stressed.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
This school destroys work ethic, and leaves us tired. I almost never find anyone truly determined.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
Very rarely you will find anyone respectful to students or staff. The verbal abuse among students is very bad.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
This school has massive bullying issues and refuses to impose discipline. A detention has no effect anymore.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 26, 2015
This school forces us to do mindless work and swamps us with essays and reports. Bullying is a serious issue.

Capital Christian School 1

Posted October 26, 2015
This school, is interesting... My experience is middle school was horrible. They would often have us do "busy work", mindlessly coping notes for no reason. This school robbed me of my work ethic, I nearly gave up before the end of the first semester. I came into school very motivated. I was swamped with worthless homework. The only way to get straight A's was to try and spend many hours on homework. Normally I would commend a school for this but the homework load was unbearable. There was no way I could keep up. I found my math, English, and Science lacking. I soon fell behind in school and found my self "getting by". I was forced into a monotonous cycle having to deal with projects constantly being swamped on me. I was very stressed because of bullying and peer pressure. The chapels where more like rock concerts, the uniform code is abandoned for the most part and they focus more in sports than anything else. Kids would get hyped up on soda and they would do crazy things like throwing pencils and erasers across the room, spraying deodorant In class, screaming talking, messing with their phone, and even combing their hair. The administration did not deal with problems that I would bring up. This school has misguided educational standards, it only truly exceeds in sports. The bullying is proving to become a more serious issue that is not getting dealt with. Some physical conflicts even arose. I hope this school gets on the right track soon as it has amazing potential but refuses to use it.

Capital Christian School 4

Posted January 04, 2013
This school has it all! Year round sports and enrichment programs like music and art are included in the academic program. It is a Christ centered education so they also get Bible and weekly chapel. I love the uniform policy and personally think every school should require uniforms. Some teachers are not credentialed, but I don't necessarily view this as a negative. I would rather have a math teacher who has a mathematics or engineering degree than one with a liberal arts degree with credentials. I ended up removing my daughter due to the large class sizes and disparity in age ranges. I am homeschooling now and my child is already reading and writing (K) at a first grade level, I am wondering what she learned there now besides all the extra stuff like Bible, music, art, P.E. and chapel. In my humble opinion, this is a wonderful overall school where your child will be loved and educated, however, the academics need to be improved.

9470 Micron Avenue, Sacramento, CA  95827
Last modified Capital Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12