Posted August 14, 2014
This is a great school with awesome teachers. I really like that kids wear uniform.

Posted January 04, 2013
This school has it all! Year round sports and enrichment programs like music and art are included in the academic program. It is a Christ centered education so they also get Bible and weekly chapel. I love the uniform policy and personally think every school should require uniforms. Some teachers are not credentialed, but I don't necessarily view this as a negative. I would rather have a math teacher who has a mathematics or engineering degree than one with a liberal arts degree with credentials. I ended up removing my daughter due to the large class sizes and disparity in age ranges. I am homeschooling now and my child is already reading and writing (K) at a first grade level, I am wondering what she learned there now besides all the extra stuff like Bible, music, art, P.E. and chapel. In my humble opinion, this is a wonderful overall school where your child will be loved and educated, however, the academics need to be improved.

Posted October 13, 2011
Capital Christian is a great school to nuture a child's OVERALL success. CCS provides a well-rounded child and we have been very happy with our experiences these past 5 years.

Capital Christian School 3

Posted May 20, 2011
I totally agreed with one of the reviewer that for private school, 25 students per 1 teacher is a little too much. I really don't know how one teacher can watch 25 kids. Even public school's class size is smaller than that. The kindergarden play area doesn't have a gate area, what would happen if one kid runs away when there is only 1 teacher watching all 25 kids. Also, the play area is so small and I don't know how it would fit all 25 kids in there. It would be all jamed. A public kindergarden play area are fenced and much much bigger than the one I saw. One other thing that worries me is that the kids have to nap for an hour. I have never heard that Kindergarden kids have to nap. I was a little shocking about that. Started off with worries and scared feeling.

Posted October 06, 2010
This school is an excellent choice for parents concerned about their child's education. The school provides a Christian foundation, essential life skills training as well as academic arena for success. My son has attended pre-school and now is in Kindergarten and is excelling in his behavioral interaction with other children and comprehending books he reads. I have no plans for him to attend any other school.

Capital Christian School 3

Posted September 25, 2010
class size are way too large for a private school. Thier classes can hit close to 30 children in a class. Most public schools dont even have that many anymore. Studies show once school reach over 20 the benefit of a smaller class dimishes. They star test and their score is not bad but definitely not great. If your looking for a school that focuses on christianity then this school is perfect but the teaching methods does not translate until outstanding scores

Posted March 30, 2010
As a student who attended Capital for a long period (and three sisters who also attended, so a total of 16 years of high school experience among us), I found it excellent in certain areas while lacking in others. Building and focusing on spiritual and moral character promotion was always a huge focus and an area in which I believe this school excelled at. Academics and quality of instruction in terms of basic subject matter however were in some ways lacking. As this was the only school my sisters and I attended, I really do not have outside comparisons to give. As such, my thoughts are based on how well the education both spiritually and academically prepares students for life after high school. I would and probably will send my children to Capital someday, but with an attentive eye on their understanding of subject matter.

Posted February 18, 2010

Capital Christian School 0

Posted January 05, 2010
I dont believe the posters here who have denigrated and complained about this school. Do to my military service & other factors, my son has been in no less than 6 different schools, 3 of them public and 3 of them Christian/private. NOBODY puts a higher emphasis on academics than I do, and this school more than achieves in academic excellence. The 2007/2007 high school graduating class had something like a 47% Scholarship rate. This school isnt easy, it takes a LOT of work by both parent and child and I'd bet the parents complaining here are the larger part of the problem. My son has been here 3 years now, and even though I've been offered promotions to take jobs out of the area (retired from the Marine Corps and now employed elsewhere) because I am dedicated to keep my son in this school! Colleges actively recruit from this school.

Capital Christian School 0

Posted May 21, 2009
Im satisfied with this school. My kid have been attending CCS since preschool. Shes now in 8th gd.There will always be shortcomings everywhere, despite of mine, leaving my kid in the hand of this school gives me peace of mind. I trust CCS.

Capital Christian School
9470 Micron Avenue, Sacramento, CA  95827
Last modified Capital Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Capital Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top