Posted August 18, 2014
The skills taught at this school in the performing arts are perfectly suited to prepare the students for life in the real world. I use the digital art teachings of this school to increase my income from marketing, the acting experience I learned here to boost my confidence and prepare for interviews and sales, and finally the academic skills to always present myself in the best professional way possible This has resulted in great success for myself and I'm proud that to say this school provided the tools for me to succeed in life. I feel the schools greatest strength was allowing the students to have a safe place to express themselves and push through personal boundaries. In the end by the time I graduated I have both lifelong friends, as well as many memories of both failures, which provided valuable lessons, and great success. As I understand it the school has become less accepting to freedom of expression, and the student body has changed, but as I see it the spirit is still alive and well on campus. Someone can find their voice and hone lifelong skill while attending this school. John Class of 2009.

Posted August 15, 2014
I have worked at and had children in three programs under the NCS umbrella. NCS started over 20 years ago and since that time they have responded to community needs by producing quality programs that lead to innovation and choice throughout California. The great thing is that NCS provides a choice for students, parents, and staff. I encourage you to look at what each program offers and their staff to see if it is a good fit for your child. In fact, I encourage you to look at all options in your area. Not every school is for every child or teacher. Expect that at some point programs will change and grow. Remaining the same is usually not a part of innovation when the world and student population you serve is changing.

Natomas Charter School 1

Posted August 15, 2014
Natomas Charter School is all about tolerance...except for tolerance toward Christians. Homosexuality is celebrated here, in a big way- witness this school's production of the highly sexually referenced, profanity-laden "Laramie Project," which glorifies homosexuality and denigrates Americans of faith. Shame on this school's administration for it's promotion of the sexualization of children- 6th graders- who are exposed to frank sexual talk from 17 and 18 year old high school students on a daily basis. Parents- you should know what you are getting your kids into- be warned

Natomas Charter School 4

Posted August 09, 2014
My children have attended PACT for the past two years. I have enjoyed teaching homeschool with them. The first year I was excited about getting started unfortunately I didn't have a supportive advisor to guide me along and as a newcomer to homeschool we were overlooked. We got a better advisor and things ran smoothies. I liked the administration, teachers and office staff. Last year things chaned with a new administration and front office staff was gone. I haven't cared much for the new leadership in that they don't represent the homeschool in any personal way, appear indifferent to parents. For the whole year that we have been in school not one of them introduced themselves. The student body is cultural diverse however I didn't feel the school was welcoming. My kids felt singled out to what they were doing when they were not causing disruption. When many times other children were loud in the library it would go unnoticed. At some point the administrator finally enforced a strict policy of in supervision of kids. Needless to say I like the program but administrators need to have better PR. The school I rate 5 star, administration 1.

Natomas Charter School 2

Posted July 27, 2014
I am a student that currently goes to PFAA at NCS and I am sad to tell all these happy parents that I didn't like it. You see I am shy and so are my friends. The parent involvement is mainly for making them think the school is good and all because they are only involved in the arts of the occasional parties for the academic portion. The teachers mainly focus on those that are behind and sometimes those kids don't care. So we have a lot of students that are ready for the next thing but the teacher won't go foreword. The school focuses on bullies a little too much. They haven't noticed that most kids know not to do physical confrontations and just talk behind the "victim's" back. Kids are getting smarter every year. The mentor program is a joke to all the kids involved. The lunch tastes very processed. The quiet students aren't payed attention too. The slow learners are merely told the same thing over and over. The loud kids disrupt every lesson I have. The only reason this school has 2 stars is because of the teachers that really care about the students. There is only one teacher that pays attention to the quiet ones in my opinion. THANK YOU! (You know who you are.)

Natomas Charter School 2

Posted July 27, 2014
I found out about this school by accident when I was walking to my new house one night. When I applied, I had no clue how good this school was. I soon found out more and heard that it was a pretty decent school. I started having high hopes for it, but in the end it is a disappointment. It is a wonderful school for its arts and creativity. It's campus is also very clean and beautiful. Bullying is on the low, and kids are generally (or at least act) nice. Which brings another problem, this school is trying to fix something that isn't broken. They focus too much on bullying. I believe that bullying should be addressed, but not enough time and energy is focused on other things. The school's teachers aren't the best either. Like other reviews, some should be teachers and some shouldn't. Also, they are planning to "incorporate" mine craft into our studies. Even though I am a student and one who plays this game I find it a rather terrible idea. I wish I could speak more positively about this school, but the reality is that I can't. In a nutshell, if you are what they like this is heaven. If you aren't so much of that, good luck.

Posted July 24, 2014
My son has attended two Academies at Natomas Charter School, and I am appreciative of the excellent and supportive teachers he has had throughout his middle and high school years. The school has high expectations for both students and staff which is why it is such a successful school that receives tons of awards. Bad teachers won't cut it here. Thank you, NCS teachers, you're the best!

Posted July 24, 2014
I have taught at Natomas Charter School PFAA as an academic teacher for over a decade. There are many reasons why I do not wish to work anywhere else. I work with a dedicated, innovative and professional staff. Our students are curious and love learning. The integration of arts and academics in all aspects of the school learning environment and culture create an environment that encourages creativity and critical thinking. Every member of this community: the teachers, support staff, administration, students and parents work hard to provide a unique and meaningful educational experience. In addition, I believe in the mission of this school so much that my own children have attended since sixth grade. They are developing into intelligent, compassionate, creative and confident adults and I know that many of the teachers and experiences they have had at PFAA have contributed to this growth. If you are considering PFAA for your children or for a place of employment, come talk to us. You will be inspired.

Posted July 20, 2014
I am a full-time teacher at Natomas Charter School PFAA and have been for over 15 years. I love my school! I wanted to share this story with anyone who is interested in either attending or working at a truly great school. Recently, I ran into an alumni student of PFAA. I'll call her Laurie. Laurie was and is a shining example of a PFAA kid. She was totally immersed in the Music Department as a singer/songwriter and performed as much as she could during high school. She was a completely dedicated musician. When I ran into Laurie this summer she had just graduated from UC Davis (pre-med) and will be starting medical school this Fall. Laurie recounted to me that many people are surprised that she went into the sciences because she had attended an arts high school. She said, I always correct them. I tell them it s because my high school put an equal emphasis on arts and academics. I had to work hard at both and I loved it all." Laurie is now going to be a pediatrician who uses music to work with autistic children. The students who graduate from PFAA enter the work force as engaged, critical thinkers whose deep understanding of the arts will make the world a better place.

Natomas Charter School 1

Posted June 23, 2014
As a former teacher in PFAA, I would not recommend this school to anyone. The administration treats teachers very poorly. Teachers are disposable and they feel like they are too, which is why so many teachers resign year after year. Also, teachers are "asked" to change grading policies and student grades, which is against Edcode as only teachers can assign grades. If you're a teacher seeking employment, please notice the high number of job postings this school offers years after year. There is a reason and you should not apply. If you're a parent, consider the constant shift of teachers as unstable for your child. Also, not all teachers at this school have a teaching credential because it is not required in a charter school. This can lead to inexperienced teachers who are teaching outside of their subject area or who have no idea how to manage a classroom. Academics are not valued nearly as much as the arts are and your child will not receive a strong academic foundation. Overall, given the opportunity, whether you are a teacher, parent, or student- choose another school! -A former PFAA teacher now working at a wonderful school where I am valued

Natomas Charter School
4600 Blackrock Drive, Sacramento, CA  95835
Last modified Natomas Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Natomas Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 98 reviews. Top