Posted November 04, 2013
Coming from a parent regarding my own experience... My daughter attends St. Francis HS and I have to say that thus far, it has truly been a wonderful experience for her. Being part of a Christian based school, the girls are encouraged to explore their religious identity on a deeper level, and they are taught accountability as well as the importance of moral values and conduct...things not taught in other schools (unfortunately). One review on here mentions "cliques" and the "popular girls". I have to point out that (unfortunately) this is present in EVERY high school (no matter where it is or what the population). My daughter isn't a part of what would probably be considered the "popular" crowd, but has never felt left out or uncomfortable at this school. To the contrary, she has always felt much love from both the staff and the girls at St. Francis and I've seen a huge boost in her confidence both academically and on a personal level while she's been here. It's a wonderful, nurturing, environment and the girls are challenged to be the best that they can be, on all levels.

St Francis High School 3

Posted August 12, 2013
I overall enjoy this school. A wonderful place to send my daughters to, and a terrific environment for learning. There are so many wonderful girls and teachers. However, recently my daughter came home crying because a teacher penalized her for something she did not do. I have spoken with others about this teacher and he can be very hard to deal with. He yelled at her, and called her out in front of the whole class. However, that hardly changes how I feel about this school. Don't let one experience dampen the good years here.

St Francis High School 2

Posted June 05, 2013
Not for students with mental illness. High turnover rate for administrators. Cliquish. That said, excellent opportunities for students who strive and fit in.

Posted September 01, 2012
As a graduate of St. Francis I can say this school is exceptional. It has the most amazing environment and the absolute best teachers. I received the best high school education I could have here and the money my parents spent was beyond well worth it. It truly is a loving and caring community of girls I am proud to call my sisters for life! It is definitely not your typical high school experience due to it being all girls and very academically demanding but this is what makes it such a great school and I wouldn t have traded it for anything. The classes are a perfect size to get to know pretty much every one of your classmates, which made it so nice. Going to this school was one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life and I would be more than willing to move back to Sacramento just to send my girls here some day so they can have the amazing high school experience I had.

St Francis High School 4

Posted October 13, 2010
St. Francis is a fantastic school for teen girls who are willing to sacrifice some social life to stay on top of the rigorous academics and school involvment. The girls here are very competitive and ambitious, and the school supports and pushes those traits. As a student, I have found amazing friends and teachers who support me inside class and outside of school. If a girl puts time and effort into the school, she will never be left behind or left out.

St Francis High School 4

Posted March 10, 2010
As far as academics go, this school really is fantastic. They expect a lot from the girls and the girls gain so much as a result. My oldest daughter's first year of college was truly effortless as opposed to her newly made friends. I had heard this for several years and now know it first hand. I do have to say that there is a mean spirit within the girls at SF. There ARE groups of 'popular' girls that can be exceptionally mean to many. Nothing is done by the administration to stop these cliques. It certainly isn't Christain behavior. Before my girls enrolled at SF we questioned the administration about cliques, exclusions, bullying and we were ASSURED that none of that was allowed. It's not that this behavior isn't noticed---it is and it's pathetic that the choice is to do nothing about it. Very sad.

St Francis High School 0

Posted March 08, 2010
This school is the most amazing school ever. I feel at home and with my own sisters.It can be hard but not if you try your besty best! Best school ever&& proud to say I'm a troubador!

St Francis High School 0

Posted March 08, 2010

Posted December 09, 2009
'Sf is too hard' only because some girls aren't willing to work hard. If you come to this school, you have to be prepared to challenge yourself and push yourself beyond what you believe you can do. I have learned invaluable lessons about myself and how much i can truly accomplish because of the curriculum and expectations of this school. I have met some amazing, ambitious girls who have taught me about passion for service and taking pride in your work. Every teacher I have encountered is supportive and truly loves this school. I highly recommend this school for girls who want to see just how far your mind and will can really take you, as well as those who want to expereince a true school family.

Posted May 19, 2009

St Francis High School
5900 Elvas Avenue, Sacramento, CA  95819
Last modified St Francis High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St Francis High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top