Sacramento, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 02, 2014
HORRIBLE SCHOOL....DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE! The staff nor the teachers so not care about the students.

Posted July 29, 2014
This is a horrifying school. I moved my daughter immediately. The bullying, harassment, lack of teacher involvement is appalling. To see the cops there every single day is a little bit unnerving. Your children are not safe at this school. Run as fast as you can.

Natomas Middle School 4

Posted May 13, 2014
This school is a great school. Or should I say- WAS a great school. Don't get me wrong here- the school has more than enough things to make a student earn a brighter future. This is middle school. This is where the PARENTS step in. It gets me quite frustrated when everyone judges the setting of the event, not the characters or cause of it. For example- bullying. Its the parents of the bully who raise such an ignorant child. Keep in mind here- the student is 12-14 years old whilst the parent is an average of 30 -40 years old. MUCH MUCH more experience, right? Exactly. The parents of the bully are unintelligent, brainless, and mentally incapacitated. They are the ones to take the blame. They are the kind of people you'd see on an episode of Maury or Jerry Springer. I dislike when people get the school confused with the bully. Think about it- this school has something 10 star schools don't often have- diversity. Its tough for the teachers to handle ignorant students but they're doing it to the best of their ability. The bullies need to be taken care of by their parents. I have seen a victim defend herself from a bully and get suspended. Once again- it was bad parenting.

Posted May 12, 2014
Natomas Middle School is a very dangerous school, parents be careful. They have gone through many principals, not sure why. The police seem to be called almost daily, I've never heard of a middle school where the students get to watch their pre-teen friends handcuffed and driven away in a police car. Not to mention the traffic and security is almost nonexistent. They are trying to correct things yet the student s safety should be the first focus. It's not... This is the type of school that has very little oversight. When a student has their belongings stolen out of a locker and then they see their belongings a day or 2 later with another student, that student should be comfortable enough to go to the teachers/principal (if there is one) for help. The student in this example will not and won t tell on the other student because they don't want to get beaten up. That should say it all; students are scared to get beaten up by other students in this school for just trying to do the right thing. Terrible leadership at the school level and at the district.

Natomas Middle School 2

Posted March 13, 2014
I'm a parent and my daughter is currently going to this school. I wish I could leave a great review, but the staff doesn't take care of the school and the teachers are just the same, they are so few that are worth mentioning. For example the music teacher, he encourages the kids to do so much and push them to their limit. I honesty think that if all were like him the school would be so far ahead of other school. But if they don't do something to fix this this school will end up being a reject school instead of a good school. Also the safety of the students that go to this school is appalling, there are many students constantly being bully and no one in the school staff is doing anything about it. My daughter was bully in lunch and no one of the supposedly campus staff did anything about it. I just wish they would open their eyes on this school and do something about it before is to late and they end up being another school run over by kids instead of the staff.

Posted November 14, 2013
This school was great two years ago when my daughter went there in 7th grade and it went completely downhill from there. My youngest child is now here and its gotten even worse. It seems as though the principal does not have control of the school and the really great vice principal that seemed to hold things together left this year. I am sad to say that the staff have no control over the children and this makes it difficult for the children who want to learn to do that. I have spoke to the principal about my concerns so many times and nothing gets corrected. I have gone to the district and again they do nothing. It seems that the staff is there for a job only and don't care about our children. Pathetic and I am sad to say that my kids feel this too. There are a couple teachers that have given above and beyond and show the students they care, but most do not. This is our 3rd year at this school, one more year to go and I am glad to say we are done!! I will never refer this school to anyone in our community and I deal with people on a regular basis in this community.

Posted November 13, 2013
I am a parent of 3 children attending this school 2013 - 2014, one of my children has been bullied since day one. Recently I decided to observe the school and the classrooms. Not to my surprise did I see the lack of discipline in 8 out of 10 students. I was appauled by the behavior and disrespect the students portrayed. I happened to be there on a day that a Board meeting was taken place, therefore every classroom had a Subsitute teacher. It seemed to me that the teachers had no control over the classroom. The school is way over crowded. It obviously showed the lack of parenting in the way the students interact. It seems that the problems that exists are not being addressed. Bullying and students are way out of control. The superintendent at this school district should be aware of the reviews and take serioius ACTION before it's too late. Just a note of advice, if you are planning to send your child to this school think elsehwere! Or visit the school before you enroll. Let me also include that the staff really do their best to manage the classrooms, but there's only so much they can do.

Posted August 24, 2013
Terrible! The inmates are running the institution. I feel bad for the staff, this place is outta control - they are helpless. The fabulous front office help is a great indicator of what's to come.

Posted February 04, 2013
I should have listened to the ratings about this horrible school. We recently moved from the Livermore area my daughter has always been a great A and b student never had trouble with no one. Till now ever since she started 2012 school yr 7th grade here she has had nothing but get BULLYED!! Peer pressured, ect. Nothing is ever done about it by staff. I'm tired and can't see my daughter in tears anymore...

Posted April 20, 2012
I currently attend Natomas middle School for my 7th grade year for 2011-2012 and this school is terrible. The biggest problem here is BULLYING and it's happened to me so many times at this school. I am not lying because so many students here judge you off your ethnicity and looks. This school is definetely overcrowded with over 800 students here. Most teachers here are nice but the students are completely the opposite. Most students here are a bad influence. The students here tease and call people dirty names. I'm not going to this school next year and that's only because too many students here BULLY. Please take this very seriously because I'm not lying when I say that this school's has issues.

Natomas Middle School
3200 North Park Drive, Sacramento, CA  95835
Last modified Natomas Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Natomas Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 68 reviews. Top