Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

My son (1st grade) loves his teacher. He is super shy and has some special needs and she has been very receptive to my input and has worked to help my son do well. Unfortunately there are things with this school that concern me as he continues his education. I have noticed some issues with how the school is run and how problems are dealt with. I am concerned with playground management (kids bully each other and are not held accountable), and how kids are assigned to classrooms. Sometimes moving kids from one teacher to another when there are issues is actually a good solution, however the principle does not seem to consider this as an option. She also does not answer emails or address concerns in a timely manner.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some of them are very effective, some or worthless and some are just average. This year, my son has a teacher that at least listens to parents. However, I have seen the teachers who will teach him in the future and have concerns.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Current research shows that homework in elementary school is not beneficial to the student. Reading is what kids needs to do at this stage however, this school continues to give too much homework.

Develops character: Disagree

Students are not held accountable. Students watch as teachers and staff ignore issues and kids live out what they learn.

My son transferred to this school and it's been a terrible experience. There are 29 students in his classroom and the teacher can not control them. The learning environment is non-existent because the classroom management has failed. When I have been in the room, students have talked, walked around the classroom, kicked each other, passed notes and totally ignored what the teacher asked of them. Worst of all - there were zero consequences for this behavior.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It all depends on individual teachers. My kids for past two years had some amazing teachers however most of them are not academically qualified. I wish i could include names

Develops character: Strongly disagree

My child has been a bully victim for over a month now. The child who is responsible is being protected whereas my child is dearly suffering it.

Well, where do I start. One of the worst school in the district. Only a few teachers meet academic standard. I don't understand where they are getting or hiring their faculty and staff members. Office staff including the principal, they are there just to collect the paychecks and go home. I hope superiors from district office are reading these important reviews because they are on here for a reason. Just an heads up the parents, when your child is a bully victim please don't have faith at the faculty or staff because they careless.

This is the great school for my kids. Both of my kids have wonderful teachers, though I haven't heard anything negative about other teachers as well. This school has many effective plans. The principal is an amazing, well-experienced woman. She effectively work for the programs. This school has just started sports programs for the students and that's the powerful thing; I believe. It has some educational programs as well. So this school provides everything we expect for our kids.

I believe the good comments posted on here are mostly from the administrators and teachers. Natomas Park Elementary School is the most unorganized school I have ever witnessed. My son has not had a stable teacher since he began the 6th grade school year. Somehow my son received a report card from a teacher who was on sick leave for months prior. I tried contacting the principal three times to have my son moved to another class, but she never returned any of my phone calls. I am certain that my son will not be prepared for the 7th grade and it is entirely because of this terrible school.

Last modified Natomas Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.