Bad
Good

A great school with a great staff, students, parents and most of all academics. A awesome place to learn and become a great person.

Pros: > West Campus is known as a college prep. school, which helps prepare students for college and university. > Students who attend this school are generally respectful to others, meaning there are no fights, no bullying, etc. >Rallies are one of the most exciting and enthusiastic I have seen. >A good school for people who want to major in Liberal Arts and History, especially for English Majors. Cons: >Large class sizes >Mathematics and Science are not taught well in this school (many teachers are simply those who majored in Science and Mathematics only to teach math or science) >Lack of Hands-on experimentation (science labs in science classes are rarely used, and science is a hands-on subject, not only out of the book) >Science class is a JOKE (really? liver and H202?) Simple science equipment. >Bad school for those who want to become Scientists, Engineers, and Doctors, Computer Gurus. Lack of funding for better science labs and equipment, no engineering classes, and useless Science Fairs (who wants to see simple science experiments such as Color Changing Carnations again?) My two cents on West Campus.

"WEST CAMPUS IS THE BEST HIGH SCHOOL EVER!" I am going to debunk this lie. What seems to be education here is really massive regurgitation of pointless facts and ideas, because that is what West Campus is all about. West campus only cares about your test scores, mainly so that they can keep the school's reputation high. At west campus, the majority of students only care about grades. Here, it's not about learning. In class, you will usually hear students ask, "What questions will the upcoming test contain?" Other than that, you will rarely hear students ask questions in class about the subject in particular. Contrary to popular belief, students also cheat in this school, because many students only care about their grades, not whether the learned anything or not. Like other students from other schools, West Campus students detest learning, and only study what is being spoon fed to them at the moment.

If you child struggles with school at all, this is not the school for you. This school can only handle the best of the best.

My three sons have attended West Campus and as my eldest prepares for graduation, I must say, West Campus has the BEST school community/ environment that I have seen a school have in all my years in education. I sent my sons to West Campus for the education but what they received was more than I thought they would get. The student lead school spirit is wonderful. It is beautiful to see the student body come together and support their school teams and their peers. I have attended school rally's and school sporting events along with student lead fundraisers and let me tell you, every time I feel welcomed as a parent. The small school environment allows the students, teachers and staff an opportunity to really get to know one another. I couldn't have asked for a better school. Give your son or daughter the opportunity to enjoy high school and get a great education at the same time, enroll them at West Campus.

My daughter enjoys the school. The Principal is very personable and friendly, going out of his way making sure we are comfortable. All classes are college prep. The students are nice to each and especially to new students. The teachers are knowledgeable on their subject matter and willing to give extra help. We like this school.

The West Campus teachers and administration only care about test scores and their reputation. It is a perfect school for students who can teach themselves and never have any questions. There is no tutoring offered and teachers do not extend themselves beyond their regular class hours. The office staff is unfriendly and condescending to both students and parents. This school looks great on paper but is a totally different reality.

If your child is a transferring upperclassman in search of AP classes prepare to be disappointed. My transferring junior was shutout of three AP classes for which she applied and I bored to death in general classes that provide zero challenge. To add insult to injury the school sends us a letter recommending she be enrolled the very three classes in which they denied her at the outset! The reason stated is the smaller enrollment size and the demand for AP classes. Result: a lot of time being wasted re-hashing curricula she learned in middle school. My transferring senior fared somewhat better. However; since he didn't take geography in CA, and there's no way to test out of the class, he wastes that period hanging out with freshmen not doing anything constructive. It took the school half a semster to decide music was an art after telling him it wasn't, therefore requiring him to take an art class in which he had no interest but had to as a requirement. When he attempted to switch over to band because he's been playing an instrument since the third grade, they denied that request citing no reason. Still waiting to see the benefit of enrolling my kids here.

West campus curriculum is harder than college. It is all doable because you have such amazing assistance and the teachers are more than happy to help. They really improved my critical and analytical skills during my four years there and really prepared me for a four year in a university environment.

I graduated a few years back and i must tell you- it is a very difficult school (academically) but as I made friends the next few years in college, I slowly but surely realized that ( it may sound wrong) I am a lot more in tune intellectually than all my other friends. I soon showed most of my friends my technique of taking notes taught by West Campus' own Mr. Hotell and my friends have been getting nothing but A's and B's in the college classes. West Campus was a great experience, it definitely gave me stepping stones.

Last modified West Campus is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.