West Campus 2

Posted May 27, 2014
If you child struggles with school at all, this is not the school for you. This school can only handle the best of the best.

Posted May 27, 2014
My three sons have attended West Campus and as my eldest prepares for graduation, I must say, West Campus has the BEST school community/ environment that I have seen a school have in all my years in education. I sent my sons to West Campus for the education but what they received was more than I thought they would get. The student lead school spirit is wonderful. It is beautiful to see the student body come together and support their school teams and their peers. I have attended school rally's and school sporting events along with student lead fundraisers and let me tell you, every time I feel welcomed as a parent. The small school environment allows the students, teachers and staff an opportunity to really get to know one another. I couldn't have asked for a better school. Give your son or daughter the opportunity to enjoy high school and get a great education at the same time, enroll them at West Campus.

West Campus 1

Posted January 13, 2014
The West Campus teachers and administration only care about test scores and their reputation. It is a perfect school for students who can teach themselves and never have any questions. There is no tutoring offered and teachers do not extend themselves beyond their regular class hours. The office staff is unfriendly and condescending to both students and parents. This school looks great on paper but is a totally different reality.

West Campus 3

Posted December 20, 2013
If your child is a transferring upperclassman in search of AP classes prepare to be disappointed. My transferring junior was shutout of three AP classes for which she applied and I bored to death in general classes that provide zero challenge. To add insult to injury the school sends us a letter recommending she be enrolled the very three classes in which they denied her at the outset! The reason stated is the smaller enrollment size and the demand for AP classes. Result: a lot of time being wasted re-hashing curricula she learned in middle school. My transferring senior fared somewhat better. However; since he didn't take geography in CA, and there's no way to test out of the class, he wastes that period hanging out with freshmen not doing anything constructive. It took the school half a semster to decide music was an art after telling him it wasn't, therefore requiring him to take an art class in which he had no interest but had to as a requirement. When he attempted to switch over to band because he's been playing an instrument since the third grade, they denied that request citing no reason. Still waiting to see the benefit of enrolling my kids here.

Posted October 03, 2013
West campus curriculum is harder than college. It is all doable because you have such amazing assistance and the teachers are more than happy to help. They really improved my critical and analytical skills during my four years there and really prepared me for a four year in a university environment.

Posted June 27, 2013
I graduated a few years back and i must tell you- it is a very difficult school (academically) but as I made friends the next few years in college, I slowly but surely realized that ( it may sound wrong) I am a lot more in tune intellectually than all my other friends. I soon showed most of my friends my technique of taking notes taught by West Campus' own Mr. Hotell and my friends have been getting nothing but A's and B's in the college classes. West Campus was a great experience, it definitely gave me stepping stones.

Posted May 29, 2013
Even though there were times i dreaded at West Campus, I could not possibly see myself anywhere else. I love this school and I feel honored to be graduating from there.

West Campus 4

Posted February 21, 2013
We have been very happy with our son's experience at West Campus. He is doing very well academically, taking AP courses and participating in the marching band and the winter drum line. He came from a very small private school, and had no problem fitting in from the beginning. The size of the school is a plus, as it is smaller than most of the other high schools. To those who say they are only concerned about test scores, that is the nature of public education these days, and to the degree that West is guilty, I would say all good public schools have the same concern. I believe our son is getting a good education in spite of that.

West Campus 4

Posted December 13, 2011
What impresses me is the students want to learn and this school's "culture", despite the old facilities, promotes that. The students care. In my daughter's group project groups everyone is involved. Her older siblings were at a couple different local high schools and over the years there always were students who didn't care and hampered the groups.

Posted July 10, 2011
i have been attending West for over a year now and I must say if you want something better for yourself, this school will help acheive your dreams. At frist it was very overwhelming but during the second semester it became at ease. It might feel like this school pushes you off the edge, but in reality it is actually shaping your life...even if you oblivious from the effect. I hope this school is right for, if you want to succeed in life. :D

West Campus
5022 58th Street, Sacramento, CA  95820
Last modified West Campus is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top