Posted September 01, 2014
A shooting range is being built right next door to this school, according to the Sacramento Bee. 40,000 square feet with 34 lanes. They will be selling guns there, too. My thought....stay away. Guns and schools do not mix.

George Washington Carver School Of Arts And Science 3

Posted June 06, 2014
the school as a whole isnt that bad but the administration thats a whole new ballgame. the office staff is unfriendly andi will even go as far to say very rude and disrespectful to the students as to us parents. the student advisor is incompetent she is never there when the students need her so why does she take on that particular job

Posted June 05, 2014
This school used to be a really good school. Over time, this school went downhill. Teachers give out way too much homework, the staff is unorganized, and there's no sports/clubs. I felt like I wasn't even learning anything at this school. It needs to improve if it wishes for a brighter future.

Posted December 20, 2013
my daughter went to this school only for one semester. i don't like the grading policy for some teachers, some focus more on artwork rather than learning the subject itself. she hardly ever got any homework, mostly just coloring. kids bring drugs to school, and do it on campus. if your kid is studious, then this school isn't for you.

Posted December 02, 2013
My daughter attends G.W.C. and has really loved it. She was concerned about attending a small school, but she has found it to be a great fit. She is now a Junior and is getting ready to take some college courses at CSUS. The stats on this Greatschools website are incorrect. I believe there are almost 400 students enrolled at Carver and within a few years they will probably reach their max enrollment of 500. Also, kids that want to play sports are welcome to play for West Campus. We currently have quite a crew of boys from Carver playing football and many students and parents go out to support them on game days. Don't rule the school out just because you want to play sports. They also have an excellent backpacking club for outdoor enthusiasts. Overall a great school with a pro-active principal and involved teachers.

George Washington Carver School Of Arts And Science 4

Posted February 01, 2013
Im a former student and I couldn't have a better opinion of the school, I was there from the from the beginning until I graduated in 2012. It was difficult to adjust to some of the changes the school made year by year but it was understandable changes, for instance, great additions were the annual projects, each grade level has a mini-senior project they have to do. It helps prep kids for their senior projects. Anyone complaining about kids falling behind just had a lazy kid, every teacher will offer extra-credit or let you do old assignments. But if you don't ask you wont receive help. You have to show that you're serious about raising your grade. Overall a great school, beautiful campus, not for those interested in sports as there is no sports teams. But the garden and the chickens make it feel like a really unique place. Its a good school, with good teacher. Send your kid here, you won't regret it.

Posted June 12, 2012
Great environment for teens. Encourage and motivate every kid to learn most of the teachers are very good. the option to take collage courses at CSU is nice many creative choices for the senior project highly recommended!!

Posted June 09, 2012
I am honored to graduate from G.W.C. Going to this school has taught me many things. All the teachers and staff are caring and are ready to help any student when needed! Reading some comments below, I don't seem to understand the negative comments. I have went here all 4 years and I have loved every minute of it! I am sad that my time is up at this school and I am definitely going to come back and visit from time to time! The school was pretty much my second home! Graduating from this school is one of the hardest things I have done in my life! I feel like a part of me is missing! I highly recommend people to come to this school and enjoy it as much as I did!

Posted September 13, 2011
My child is a senior at this small, Waldorf-inspired charter school, which she has attended since she was a freshman. She has gotten a great education from committed, involved teachers, led by a principal with great vision, a strong emphasis on collaboration with teachers and families, and loads of energy. This school has offered my child a variety of opportunities, from internships with government, to an intensive environmental science curriculum, to an association with local colleges that enable students to get college credit.

Posted September 05, 2011
Awful school, negligent teachers, it is small but they still don't work as a team and academic achievement falls through the cracks. One teacher does more facebook time with kids trying to be their friends but nothing to make sure they are succeeding academically.

George Washington Carver School Of Arts And Science
10101 Systems Parkway, Sacramento, CA  95827
Last modified George Washington Carver School Of Arts And Science is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Washington Carver School Of Arts And Science Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top