The Met School 1

Posted March 01, 2014
Not recommend to a student who needs direction, structure or students who are not self motivated. Not great for ADHD students as it can become very overwhelming and more of a burden than a blessing. Even with a 504 plan, as a parent, I feel very disconnected with the school and feel I can not support my child as needed. The plan is made but it's hard for the teachers to get on board and actually be cognoscente of individual needs. Parents seem to be nonexistent in students education at this school. This school is not for every child.

Posted April 29, 2012
I am an alumni of The Met. This is a great school and helped me get to where I am at today. I am currently at a university, and I will be applying to law school next semester. The Met is very college oriented and helped me navigate through all of the steps of college applications

The Met School 3

Posted January 15, 2012
I am a student at the Met and I do believe that it is a exceptionally good school yet there is some drawbacks. My advisor gives us a little to much free time and does not seem to help enough, it frustrates me sometimes. I also wish they had languages other than Spanish. Some good things about the Met are that at least the advisors are kind and so is the principle. I also like the control they give the students although sometimes it seems as though the children run the school, which to me seems peculiar. All around the school is rather good but still needs some getting used to for me.

Posted May 12, 2009
This school has alot of freedom to learn at your own pace. The advisor's and other student's make it feel like a family. This school gives you a chance to get a look at real life experiences. To know that the field of interest you would like to go in to is going to keep you wanting to go everyday for the rest of your life before you actually have to make the choice. It is a good way for teen's to find who they really are. Also, for it to be a small achool it gives student's a chance to really understand the material better, with the one on one help from any advidor or staff on campus that can help you.This school can give you the experience you need and helps shape you into a leader of the future. Being able to coordinate your own projects. It really helps.

Posted March 27, 2009
We recently moved my daughter from West Campus to the MET. She went from being withdrawn and overwhelmed to a happy, contented young woman. The pressure to perform or be kicked out of West was too much for her (and me). She has blossomed at the MET with the one-on-one assistance from the principal/advisors. Within three weeks of attending the MET, she had an intership at a preschool. We are so happy to have found this gem in SCUSD. Karen Gunby, parent

Posted December 16, 2008

Posted December 11, 2008
The Met Sac is an amazing school. It is a hands-on based learning school, which means, that you have to go out in the community and do hands-on work. Every Tuesday and Thursday, you go to your internship. Depending on what you want to go in when you are older, I am currently interning at an engineering firm (DMJM HARRIS | AECOM) at this site, I work as a Structural Engineer. This is because in the future I would like to become an Engineer. I have also been attending Sacramento City College classes. From past experience of coming to this school and working through their program, I have interned at several body shops, and the outcome was being able to paint 3 of my family members cars. Concluding, better in the community than at a desk being lectured.

Posted September 23, 2008
Amazing school, the one on one attention and the real world learning easily benifits us student's futures. I mean, come on, taking college classes at Sac City and gaining college and highschool credit for it? This school can't be beat once your away from the school itself. Even the two days a week internship. I myself intern at the Sacramento Zoo and am gaining so much more experience then I would through sitting at a desk all day long, getting lectured and being tested on what I know.

Posted September 19, 2008
The Met Sacramento is thee best school!I never into to miss a day because its so fun!Every Tuesday and Thursday we get to intern somewhere we choose!Allen is the principle ever!

Posted September 05, 2008
This is the best school ever, it addresses each student's learning needs individually. The school recognizes and acknowledges the the student's learning styles and methods respectively to assure each student has the same opporutunity at a great education, unlike a traditional high school setting.

The Met School
2315 34th Street, Sacramento, CA  95817
Last modified The Met School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Met School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.