Posted January 19, 2014
I am a junior at Rosemont High school. And there are wonderful AP classes and courses that prepare you for college. The students are about what you see at other schools. There are students that don't care about school, then there are students that really care about their education. I love the sports overall. The fields are great and there is no major alcohol or drug issues. There are police on campus just like other high schools. There hasn't been a fight since two years ago. This is a great school and I highly recommend it to future students

Posted May 03, 2013
Terrible school. Three fights in the same week during STAR testing. With all the drugs, alcohol, and smoking present, the administration needs to open their eyes and fix this school or shut down Rosemont for good.

Posted April 07, 2013
This school has a serious disaster on it's hands... and if they don't change something quickly... next year is shaping up to be a nightmare. I could easily estimate that 60% of the current Freshmen class is failing half to all of their classes... I've never witnessed such ignorance towards education from kids. If you're planning on sending your kids here Fall 2013 think again. The class just above them are ridiculous! Thank god juvenile hall is across the street! I will say this though... there are fantastic teachers on this campus that teach AP classes... AP English, AP Math, Algebra II teachers are fantastic! Physics teacher is incredible... but if your kid isn't bright enough to be in these classes... they'll have to hang out with all the other "saggy pant wearing low-life kids." At least once a week... there's a fight after school at the park around the corner.... kids are High in class, don't do their work, won't even attempt work, and could care less about education in general. I'm reading some of the comments below, and I can't believe some of these comments...

Rosemont High School 4

Posted November 12, 2012
I wonder if the person who posted on December 15, 2011 about the assembly actually took the time to investigate the situation. I doubt it, because the situation they describe happened at the Rosemont High School in MINNESOTA! The YouTube posting of the incident and TV reports there in Minnesota are still available. Please take the time to report first person impressions, not smear a school through ignorance.

Posted December 15, 2011
Blindfolded children and forced them to perform lewd acts with their parents for an assembly. Simply disgusting.

Rosemont High School 2

Posted December 03, 2011
I am not at all impressed by Rosemont HIgh. My son is a Sophmore and although he struggles with Math and Science, the school really doesn't offer much to help me overcome the struggle. The tutoring offered is generic. Some of the material offered is not specific to the areas he's struggling with. Also, the school always reminds me that they have had severe budget cuts and that's why....there is no automotive program.......construction program.....individual tutoring.....etc. I understand budget cuts, but our kids still have to be educated and not treated as a number to get funding that sin't being used for the students. Its like a real bad case of fraud.

Rosemont High School 3

Posted July 29, 2011
I think that the school has so much more potiential, there are some challenging teens and there are the ones that are really trying to get an education. My son had to go to summer school (private $600. for 8 weeks) to retake a class that is an essential for graduation. The first week he told me that some of the stuff he's reading, he didn't read the first time around at Rosemont. I'm not saying its only the teacher's fault, my son and I take responsibility also. But if a student is borderline (has to be motivated), try another school, if a student is self driven, they will succeed. And one parent cannot do it all, and if kids want to play sports, there is no transportation available afterwards. They are left to find rides and end up quitting sports and getting into trouble. And try volunteering at the school, being a single parent. Its very difficult to raise a responsible teen nowadays.

Posted July 27, 2011
I've been attending RHS for the last three tears and I can honestly say the problems I've had in school were based around personal problems and not the schools ambiance. The teachers care about you but, you have to show interest. I wouldn't like too feel as if i was wasting their time as a student either. Teachers motivate the motivated I'm now the president of Key Club and CSF (California Scholarship Federation) and will be starting a math club, fashion club, and Operation Smile Club for my senior year. Don't blame the school blame the student. If you have the drive to succeed you can do it anywhere.

Rosemont High School 2

Posted March 16, 2011
I moved to Rosemont 4 years ago in preparation for my son to go to Rosemont High when he became of age. I had heard good things about the school at the time but unfortunately I have to say the school & the neighborhood is NOT what I was expecting. It's sad because I love my house & my landlords but I am in the process of inter district transferring my son to Folsom High next year & ultimately will most likely have to downgrade our living space to an apartment just so he can be raised in a MUCH better area. My son has told me there have been drank 40 ounce beer bottles in the bathroom, constant physical fights, drug sales & usage etc. The teachers, wow where do I start...out of all of my son's teachers I'd say only 2 of them actually seem to enjoy teaching these kids & care about them & have their best interest in mind. Most of them won't even respond to emails & I've had issues w/more than one about calling the students names already in my son's freshman year. There is rarely ever homework assigned which I feel should be important in high school.

Posted March 04, 2011
I must disagree with the Mom who stated that Rosemont's staff is doing nothing to address student challenges with drug/alcohol problems. Many students today come to high school and middle school with substance use disorders and Rosemont High is one of the most progressive high schools in the county in terms of taking off the blinders and actually providing drug/alcohol treatment to their students on campus. Their School Counselors, Administrators, Faculty and staff are well educated and trained by a local youth provider in the area of adolescent substance abuse and addiction and this same agency has a FULL TIME Youth Addiction Specialist available to students on the RHS campus. RHS was the first in the County to have that and has been providing it for 5 years because they see the need. Kudos to them for not pretending like it isn't happening like so many other schools. Yes - there is still a long way to go - but if a student at RHS has a problem w/ substances - everyone on campus knows exactly where and how they can get help and it is FREE. Not bad. (this program costs the school, district, and students, families nothing - funding is through grants, medi-cal and free)

Rosemont High School
9594 Kiefer Boulevard, Sacramento, CA  95827
Last modified Rosemont High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rosemont High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top