Public charter
Sacramento, CA

Posted August 16, 2011
I LOVE the education and the college experience that my daughter receives at PS7. They begin planting the seeds of getting a four year college education with kindergarden. My daughter was told to view the college that they toured as a potential college for her to attend and it was discussed as if the students were getting ready to enroll. It wasn't just a "field trip" it was an official look at a prospective college. My daughter is very excited about school and the teachers have been very good at making sure that she is challenged so that she continues to grow.

Posted October 17, 2010
There is a reason this school is rated high on the California Department of Education. There are long days ( like a normal work week 7:45-4:00) but the children get out of school for 3 weeks after children are in school every 8 weeks. If your child is behind in any subject matter, during this school break, their instructors teach them the material while their classmates are on break with breakfast and lunch included for half days free . (this is not found in public or most private schools) In my experience, I have had full access to my children's instructors through email and cell phone and instructors normally call back the same or next day even if its 6 am in the morning. There is also free tutoring in afterschool program as well as every Saturday school for middle school students who need or want more help in subject matter.

Posted April 27, 2010
I absolutely LOVE this school. My daughter is in the 1st grade, and although the first trimester was difficult for her, I believe she has accepted 'homework' as HER responsiblity. The staff is experienced, loving, and focused on the children. The children are well mannered and present themselves as a 'community'. The parents are united and all want what's best for their children. I hope to keep my daughter in the St Hope Schools until she graduates and goes to college. (which is one of her goals since touring Standford Univ. with her class)She is learning academics as well as social skills (which were compromised in a smaller private school)

St. Hope Public School 7 2

Posted February 19, 2010
This school is not for every child-the principal will tell you that at orientation, too. I believe that they serve a certain student type, but if your child does not fit well into the mold, he/she will have a very hard time. They are very strict and rigid and have a long school day, which is hard for kids just staring school. If your child has behavioral special needs, this is not the school for him/her. They are just not flexible enough to work with kids who need different approaches. We had a very bad experience, but I know other parents who love the school and their approach. PLEASE just visit the school and observe class time, recess and lunch. If you accept the strict approach and your child can thrive in this type of environment, you might have a much better experience than we did.

Posted September 29, 2009

Posted July 15, 2009
I have so many positive comments about this school. My daughter has attended PS 7 school for two years another child will start kindgergarten in the fall. When my oldest daughter started she was far behind in reading and had fallen in the cracks of the traditional public but within the first semester she was caught up and excelling in all areas of education. The environment is very structured and the kids excell. The field lessons are always helpful and beneficial to the curriculum. The college tours show how the school is focused on exposing the children to a higher levels of educational advancement. The parental support groups are phenomenal. The staff is always open to talk and will help you to assist your child while challenging them to assist themselves..=-) I could literally go and on and on about this school.

St. Hope Public School 7 1

Posted May 06, 2009

Posted September 04, 2008
My daughter has attended PS7 for the second year now. I think their school is excellent.

St. Hope Public School 7 0

Posted August 07, 2008
This is my child's second year at PS7 and I can't say enough about the school! now don't let the exterior fool you it's not a 'pretty' school but the everything going on within it's doors is completely geared towards the success of the child. The curriculum is progressive and rigorous. The teachers and principle are warm and understanding and believe in the potential of each and every child..My son has learned so much in the time he's been there and everyday he wakes up and goes to school he's taught the sky is the limit.

Posted June 24, 2008

St. Hope Public School 7
5201 Strawberry Lane, Sacramento, CA  95820
Last modified St. Hope Public School 7 is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. Hope Public School 7 Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top