Sacramento Charter High School 2

Posted July 01, 2014
I I am currently a freshman at Sacramento charter high school and to be honest I really do not like the school the teachers only help you if you have some really good gradesand if you ask for help some of the teachers are very rude or they don't seem very welcomingthe kids there are very ghetto self centeredand not very well mannered as for academics they do challenge you but they don't do very good job I hope you get an understanding of the curriculum overall fact I help out some students but leaves a lot of other students behind.

Posted May 25, 2013
i am currently a sophomore and i can say i'm prepared to enter my junior year sac high and the teachers take the time to check with you to make sure that your grades do meet college requirements and they have weekly check ins in which they give a "quick look up" to have the student give to the parent and returned sign to verify the parent is also checking the progress of there child.

Posted May 09, 2013
Sac High puts Students first and the proof is in the school statistics. Need I say more? See for yourself.

Posted April 17, 2013
First time my daughter ever made honor roll. This school knows just how to motivate these kids and graduate them to universities. I highly recommend it!

Posted October 13, 2012
I have a 9th grader at Sac High. Initially I was concerned about the neighborhood, as it is in Old Oak Park. However, I have now come to understand that Sac High plays a crucial role in this neighborhood and the mix of children from ALL economic levels creates an academically rich and diverse community in which to learn. Sac High prides itself on being the #1 school in college placement for minority children. In fact more than 95% of our children were accepted into 4 year colleges last year and more than 50% of our athletes received full ride scholarships. The curriculum is rigorous and the instructors are top notch. Our new principal is a Harvard graduate who has recruited teachers from Harvard, Stanford, Cal Berkeley, and UCLA. Discipline is second only to academics and you will never walk into an unruly classroom, or find children inattentive, as this is a school for serious students who are college bound. I highly recommend Sac High for children of all races and economic levels.

Posted October 13, 2012
I am a student at Sac High who was suppose to go to Kennedy. I chose Sac High because I know most of the 9th graders that go to Kennedy and I know that most of them are not serious about school. I wanted to go to a school where rowdy and disruptive students were not allowed because I have been going to school with children like that for a long time while in MLK and SES. At Sac High education is the most important thing and they have college recruiters checking out our grades at least once a month. As a 9th grader I have already been scouted by Stanford, Oregon, & CAL because I have a 3.8 gpa. I have also been recruited by all of the HBC's, San Jose, and San Diego State. I can enjoy school knowing that I will definitely be offered a scholarship to a school that can help me achieve my goal to be an environmental attorney.

Posted April 16, 2012
My son entered the 9th grade academy, and Im really impressed with the school. The teachers motivate students. I really like that they use uniforms and enforce the rule. The counselors are great and have constant communication with the parents.

Sacramento Charter High School 1

Posted August 16, 2010
I have a student in who is attending the "School of Fine Arts". This school is a little deceptive when advertising their programs. There are not any drama classes, music classes, nothing to do with the fine Arts. With the exception of "drawing" The school advertised free uniforms, free lab tuition for low income students which it was a way to get your student enrolled in their school. Yes I can admit the teachers and staff prepare our students for the college world, although reviewing the states test results, it's like comparing apples to oranges. How can one Pass the exit Exam in 10th grade, and then later score below in the Standarized Testing. I've invested and wasted several hundred dollars in transportation, uniforms, and my student has not accomplished anything. I was better off having my student attend our local high school (with probably better results).

Sacramento Charter High School 1

Posted November 05, 2009

Posted October 17, 2009
I am currently a junior at Sac High in the small school of La and Public service. Sac High is an amazing school for a student who wants to excell with tools given by sac high to succeed and achieve thier dreams and life long goals. My experience at sac high has been a phenomenal one all 3 years. Throught Sac high i have had the ability to meet with prominment figures of this country for example Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sec. of education under Barack Obama Arnie Duncan, and the daughter of the phenmonal Mratin Luther King Berniece King. Iv'e maintained a 3.6 GPA while playing 2 sports with 2 AP classes, that I know will get me far and into my dream school UCLA, Stanford, and Columbia. Sac have has taught me very important things. Sa high is an amazing school for any student who wants to succeed.

Sacramento Charter High School
2315 34th Street, Sacramento, CA  95817
Last modified Sacramento Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sacramento Charter High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews.