K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted October 10, 2015
I can reply faster this way and easier for me 'my phone is always in my hand 'I can text u tight away

Posted September 23, 2013
Teachers communicate with parents on a daily basis on Teacheease.com I no longer have to wait until report card time or when there is a learning challenge for example. All grades and assignments are posted online. Also text books & homework is organized on a weekly planner just like college so they learn how to organize themselves. The school does everything possible to better themselves academically by hiring better teachers, expanding size, etc. There is room for improvement but they welcome parent involvement for the betterment of educational standards.

Posted April 23, 2011
We made so many changes in our life: changed homes, jobs to come to this school, initially I did not realize all aspects of school & focus only on Islam, which is great! however the biggest problem is the attitude of the teachers! Its unbelievable, Elementary school teachers behave like big bullies! They yell at students, as a result, children get scared & tend to runaway. My daughter commented how her Non Muslim teacher hugs each & every child upon entering & leaving the school, which is the Prophetic way of loving young children. I think school should employ teachers based upon their credentials & evaluation & not based upon the fact that they want a job after coming from overseas, and decide to teach when they cannot find a job in their own careers.It is impossible to make the principal understand this. The children as the result of constant nagging they hear since KG are used to hear nagging when they are older.I saw middle schools girls turning their backs when the VP was talking! Discipline is NOT nagging, its LOVE with rules, that's the way of Islam & our beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), BTW the teachers who teach Quran especially Sheikh Rafaat & Br. Bassem are the best!

Posted November 30, 2010
Al-Arqam is worth the relocation that I have made for my children. The school doesn't only focus on Islam, but all the other subject required by the state of Califonia. And let's not forget, the first senior graduates of Al-Arqam accepted to UC Berkley, Davis, and a few other great colleges...means that the school is doing something right. Great school, caring enviroment and zero tolerence for the public school attitude. I love it.

Posted November 09, 2010
I had put my son in this school after he had been in public school for 3 years, At first I was hesitant after reading the last review on the lady whose son is failing in this school, I have to correct this lady. This school is where we all need to put our children in. My son was in public school for 3 years, he had been bullied, gotten into fights, learned a lot of bad words, starting acting like the kuffar, etc, etc. And I have to say, Islam is really what is going to benefit us all in this world and the hereafter. Public schools don t do this at all, they don t even teach our children anything. And if you don t want your child to focus on TOO Much islam, well hope you find this in public schools, which you aren t, especially in High School. Just see for yourselfs,

Al-Arqam Islamic School 1

Posted September 19, 2010
One of the worst decisions I have ever made. I regret every minute that my son spent in this school. The environment he was in more secure and safe, but the boys around him were immature. He did learn more about Islam and his culture, but he was failing his classes. He's a smart kid, but if he goes from principals list every semester, to 2 F's in his report card, obviously the school focuses TOO much on Islam and not enough on general education(which is the point of school). Please, parents, don't blindly enroll your kid in this school... Because when he/she goes into the real world, they won't be able to handle it. Now My son is in 8th grade at Holmes Jr. High, and he hasn't gotten a grade any lower than a B+, The teachers need to learn more about motivation...

Posted February 12, 2010
Our school is a wonderful place. We certainly go through periods of struggle that I would call 'growing pains' since we are a relatively new school and add a new grade level every year. Our students occasionally have to put up with less than perfect conditions in terms of the classroom sizes and a few other things. Overall the school does an great job and has well-developed resources. The thing that can't be beat is the atmosphere of the school..its very friendly and the students and teachers have strong bonds. It is very positive for Muslim youth as it gives them a firm grasp on their cultural identity. Academically the level is very high especially in middle and high school.

Posted June 10, 2009
Excellent environment, safe, well-behaved students. Teachers treat kids like their own with full respect. Administration work extremely hard to keep school advancing and progressing in the right direction. I am very happy with the school ;).

Posted March 04, 2009
great school to teach our children about islam.

Posted February 27, 2009
Al-Arqam is an IB World School. You can't get better than that! Go Torchbearers!

Al-Arqam Islamic School
6990 65th Street, Sacramento, CA  95823
Last modified Al-Arqam Islamic School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Al-Arqam Islamic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top