Posted April 02, 2014
This is a good school if you are an involved parent. Don't expect the staff/administrators to reach out, you as a parent need to reach out. The school is definitely getting better, but still much room for improvement. Principal Garcia is making a difference, glad to see some great parents as well! Keep up the good work Inderkum.

Posted January 31, 2014
I think the people who said "don't send your child to this school" is irrelevant. They must of came when Interkum was a horrible school, but now it's a fantasic! My cousins daughters graduated with high honor roll, even my 2 daughters! the education over there is wonderful, send your child to this school and you won't regret it.....

Inderkum High School 1

Posted January 28, 2014
Never send your Child here. Horrible School. Horrible Staff. Students don't care about their success. Horrible school. Id rather be dead then think about it. - student

Posted October 09, 2013
The school, overall, is a fantastic environment physically being a fairly new facility with access to the public library and the AR Jr college facilities. When my daughter went there, we had excellent coaching staff and support. When a problem arose, the teacher was more than willing to meet with us. I find most the teachers younger, but energetic and enthusiastic unlike some of the older schools with teachers (like my son's HS) where the teachers have been there for 20-30 years and are burnt out. The downfall is when admin or teachers tell a student they are responsible for themselves (in prep for college, yadda, yadda) I am so tired of hearing this. When we come to you to ask for help or with a problem, we come with need. I still score Inderkum in the excellent category.

Posted August 15, 2013
well inderkum is a well grounded school. it has great programs for all students. the teachers are all excellent at teaching and observing the students learning environments. they make sure that all students are comfortable in there classrooms. inderkums systems and just how everything works in general are really great and i reccommend this school to any students. this school is one of a kind and i love it with all my heart.

Posted August 04, 2013
This school has some of the few teachers that still care about the student they have some good programs such as link crew, leadership, and sports. The administration has taken some blows in recent years like going from four counsellors to two. New staff that does enough to stay on top of a situation. Also replacing teachers that students learned from and keeping the ones that they didn't learn anything from. Yet behind the lack of communication from the staff they're super friendly and attentive the janitor will rat you out if he finds you ditching. It's also so diverse and easy to get along that almost everyone knows each other..

Posted April 11, 2012
The teachers are great and have helped me succeed in all of my classes. The administration on the other hand is completely ridiculous. They are always rude to my parents and I. The new policies they put in this year lower student morale and are the reason a lot of my friends have transferred to different schools. For instance, the tardy policy, students get in more trouble for being tardy to class than for ditching class. The students are friendly and cooperative. The campus is pretty nice too. Thank go for the awesome janitors.

Inderkum High School 1

Posted January 17, 2012
Where do I start ????? The parents website is never current I have e-mailed every single teacher and not 1 has responded to me with my concerns with my daughters grades none of the teachers have ever called me or tried to reach out to me when it comes to my daughters grades I'm not in any way making exuses for my child she is also responsible for her work but really not 1 teacher can reach out as just being concerned ? I have decided that home school might just be a better option for me At least I know work is being done I'm very disappointed in the teachers at this school

Inderkum High School 3

Posted September 19, 2011
Beautiful facility, $52.4 million when it was constructed in 2004. Teachers are for the most part professional and caring. Several however are an absolute nightmare to deal with and are not even liked by their peers. Principal is not as good as previous ones, control seems to be the reason he was put in place but I'm not sure to control what. I wouldn't say Inderkum has any more or less than the typical problems that can be created by kids and their parents. Previous VP/AD was a disaster and former AD was reinstated to clean up the mess. Football is king at school (10 varsity coaches, three teams total). Baseball and softball are the stepchildren of the school and district. Paid for umpires only for 10/11 season. Hats, uniforms and balls were paid for at Inderkum by parents and fundraisers. Varsity and JV baseball each had only one coach, community is starting to support baseball better though. Academics range from outstanding to poor depending upon parent and student proactivity. Many kids live outside of school boundary and should be attending Grant or Natomas, a sore spot with local community. Constant turnover in the superintendant's office, slow responsiveness.

Posted April 06, 2011
Any post regarding administration which was written before the 2010-11 school year should not be considered since all those positions are filled with new people who are doing an incredible job!

Inderkum High School
2500 New Market Drive, Sacramento, CA  95835
Last modified Inderkum High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Inderkum High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top