Witter Ranch Elementary School

Public | K-6

Living in Sacramento

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $165,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,080.

Posted Thursday, August 14, 2014

MY DAUGHTER JUST STARTED 3RD GRADE AND EVERY TEACHER SHA'S HAD HAS BEEN GREAT UNTIL WHAT I HAVE SEEN FROM THIS ONE. THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL SHE LOOKED LIKE SHE ROLLED OUT OF BED AND CAME STRAIGHT TO WORK. NOT A VERY GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION TO MAKE ON YOUR STUDENTS OR THEIR PARENTS ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. THE OLD PRINCIPAL RETIRED (WAY OVERDUE), WHICH IS GREAT BECAUSE JUST LIKE MOST OF THE REVIEWS STATE SHE WAS VERY RUDE AND UNAPPROACHABLE. I AM HOPING THE NEW PRINCIPAL IS BETTER, AND SO FAR HE SEEMS TO BE. I KNOW IT IS ONLY 2 DAYS INTO THE NEW YEAR BUT I WAS ALREADY ABLE TO SPEAK WITH HIM ON THE PHONE AND HE LISTENED TO ALL OF THE CONCERNS I HAD ABOUT THE NEW TEACHER AND GENUINELY SEEMED TO CARE, I NEVER WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE OLD PRINCIPAL ON THE PHONE. MY DAUGHTER'S K-2ND GRADE TEACHERS WERE ALL EXCELLENT AND I AM HOPING THAT HER NEW 3RD GRADE TEACHER TURNS OUT TO BE BUT BASED ON WHAT I HAVE SEEN THE FIRST 2 DAYS SHE HAS A LONG WAY TO GO. THE FIRST DAY MY DAUGHTER ASKED WHY SHE WAS WEARING PAJAMAS. DAY 2 WAS THE SAME THING WITH A DIFFERENT COLORED T-SHIRT. KIDS NEED A GOOD ENVIRONMENT TO LEARN IN AND THAT STARTS WITH A PROFESSIONAL TEACHER, WHICH I HAVEN'T SEEN SO FAR THIS YEAR.

Posted August 12, 2014

Teachers are very active in helping the students succeed in anyway they can. Because of shortages of sorts, plenty of things were cut, but they slowly seem to be coming back. Would like to see more parents be involved, feel that would make a big difference.

Posted November 15, 2013

Great school, my child was very well prepared for middle school. Kuddos to the wonderful and caring teachers at Witter Ranch.

Posted November 15, 2013

This school does not stand beihind the no bullying policy. Nothing is done to the kids that bully other than a slap on the hand. The kids here are just as bad as any inner city public school. The principal is set in her ways and does not have any desire to act on a parent's concern. Removing my children as soon as possible.

Posted August 24, 2013

I very much appreciate this school and it's environment. My son is in the 6th grade GATE program Each and every year since kinder we have been very satisfied with the teachers. We have had wonderful teachers and have been satisfied with any items that have been escalated to administration. They appropriately deal with issues and manage the school effectively.

Posted July 17, 2013

I love this school. Teachers are well trained and excellent. They do whatever it takes to meet the needs of your child. The teachers collaborate and trade classes to teach a subject . They will trade students for a specific subject as well. They don't teach to the test, but the school's test scores speak for themselves. They teach to the student. If your child is below grade level,proficient or advanced, it doesn't matter, they will meet your child where he or she is at. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. The PTA is active and does a good job raising money. The school gives off the impression that they are always striving to be better. The one issue with this school is traffic congestion. We are thankful for Witter Ranch.

Posted January 7, 2013

My son is in 2nd grade here, and he loves it! The teachers are great, and the neighborhood around the school is very safe. I haven't had any problems with the principal at all, and the administration in the office is very helpful. I've called a few times with questions, and they're always warm. If they don't have the answer right away, they'll find it for you. This is a great school.

Posted March 23, 2012

I have three children in this school and the teachers have always been great. Two of them are in GATE classes and the 3rd is only in kindergarten, so my experience may not reflect the non-GATE classes. Principal has been responsive as needed.

Posted March 23, 2012

My daughter's been at the school since 2nd grade. The teachers seem to be pretty. The principal is dreadful--rude, cold, and not the least bit service oriented. The office staff is pleasant and helpful. My kid feels safe attending this school.

Posted March 5, 2011

I went to Witter Ranch from 2nd grade until 5th grade, and I loved all my teachers never had many big problems.. My only problem was the principal never took care of behavioral problems, i'm sorry but she doesn't do much period. It would have been so much easier if the person who kind of tortured me was taken care of. Also, all the teachers work hard. I only had one teacher who didn't do much but I still learned. It was just a different type of teaching I guess. To me it's a good school I really loved it

Posted October 20, 2008

I have had my children at this school for 3 years and this is the first year that I feel the PTA has started really functioning. I am truly saddened by the lack of intrest the principle has in the look of the school and the way the attitude is at the school. It is a safe enviroment. But the teachers have to handle alot of the behavoir problems unless you as a parent call multiple times to get the principle involved. I have been happy with the teachers my children have had. I would not recomend this school to my friends.

Posted August 23, 2008

My daughters both attend this school and my oldest is in 4th grade and youngest is 2nd grade. Both have been here since kindergarten, and I can speak highly of all of the teachers they have had at this school. However, I think the principal does a very poor job at handling situations and needs to be warmer and appreciative of the parents who help at the school. She is plain rude to parents in my opinion. Maybe the school would have more support if she was a more fun and loving principal to her students and the parents and people would be glad to lend a helping hand. She needs to get involved with the students as I have seen a fill-in principal do in her absence.

Posted July 31, 2008

Granted there are areas that need improvement, over all there are many things that I like about this school for my child than other schools in general. My child's current teacher is great and I have good communication and direction with how my child is doing, my child is very happy there and that is what is most important to me. I see that the principal has a low rating and I am not surprised about that, but hopefully she reads this and motivates herself to improve. I like the environment around the school and it seems that most kids come from a genuine house hold like ours. I like that.

Posted June 25, 2008

My son just finished up his kinder year at Witter Ranch. It was a wonderful experience for my son and for my husband and me as parents. His teacher was familiar with the state standards and kept the class on pace. The class went on five field trips and had various extra activities in class that enhanced their leaning experience. I don't think we could have asked for more.

Posted February 10, 2008

First and foremost, the principal has no personality and does not allow the children to celebrate any holidays in school. She sends these automated messages on your home phone saying if your child dresses in costume, they'll be sent to the office, sent home, do not send candy to school & no parties. Secondly, while I've had 3 great teachers for my daughter, she has struggled in math and reading and I have yet to get her any real help other than regular class time. I've had to pay a teacher to tutor my daughter just so she didn't have to be held back. The lack of extra-curricular activities is unacceptable and if the principal was not so cold and unapproachable, I think the school would get a lot more parent involvement. I have been to other schools where the parent participation is enormous. The test scores are also unacceptable.

Posted October 8, 2007

My son's K teacher was great. She loved the kids and they loved her. Any additional programs only seem to be the ones mandated by the state. It's a school. Not good, not bad, just middle of the road.

Posted September 4, 2007

My daughter is just starting 4th grade at Witter Ranch. Her 3rd grade teacher was fantastic!!! The teachers work as a team to ensure that the needs of students are being met. The 3rd grade teachers in particular worked to incorporate new ideas and programs with the students. So far 4th grade has been just as good!

Posted July 20, 2007

My daughter was there since first grade.Until there was Ok.But we have hard time at third grade.The school does not offer any extra curricular activities and the principal does not care about it.The education is poor.I had to take care most alone at home.Only a few parents are involved wich make it even worse.A lot of work needs to be done.

Posted March 26, 2007

Communication is very poor between kids and teachers, parents and teachers. The school pays no attention and do very little to kids misbehavior. My child complains everyday. Do not recommend!

Posted September 18, 2006

The school is new, but I am not impressed with class size situation. The communication is also very poor. The STAR scores were low in the first year, we will see if they improve. Why is the neighboring Natomas Charter school doing so well, and Witter Ranch is not?

This school's

-26

API Statewide Rank
(2012)

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school did not meet all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

7 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 56% in 2013.

135 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

135 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 46% in 2013.

137 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 66% in 2013.

137 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 65% in 2013.

161 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

161 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 57% in 2013.

133 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

n/a
Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

92 students were tested at this school in 2013.

n/a