Posted September 12, 2014
This school is great. I'm too familiar with the district cuts and it's essential for parents to be involved for this school to continue to be great. I love Mrs. Calhoun who is great and is teacher of year. I can see why :) I minus one star because the new principal needs to find another school to run. Very insensitive and he comes off very condescending. The plus is the teachers are great and my child is flourishing.

Witter Ranch Elementary School 3

Posted August 14, 2014
MY DAUGHTER JUST STARTED 3RD GRADE AND EVERY TEACHER SHA'S HAD HAS BEEN GREAT UNTIL WHAT I HAVE SEEN FROM THIS ONE. THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL SHE LOOKED LIKE SHE ROLLED OUT OF BED AND CAME STRAIGHT TO WORK. NOT A VERY GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION TO MAKE ON YOUR STUDENTS OR THEIR PARENTS ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. THE OLD PRINCIPAL RETIRED (WAY OVERDUE), WHICH IS GREAT BECAUSE JUST LIKE MOST OF THE REVIEWS STATE SHE WAS VERY RUDE AND UNAPPROACHABLE. I AM HOPING THE NEW PRINCIPAL IS BETTER, AND SO FAR HE SEEMS TO BE. I KNOW IT IS ONLY 2 DAYS INTO THE NEW YEAR BUT I WAS ALREADY ABLE TO SPEAK WITH HIM ON THE PHONE AND HE LISTENED TO ALL OF THE CONCERNS I HAD ABOUT THE NEW TEACHER AND GENUINELY SEEMED TO CARE, I NEVER WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE OLD PRINCIPAL ON THE PHONE. MY DAUGHTER'S K-2ND GRADE TEACHERS WERE ALL EXCELLENT AND I AM HOPING THAT HER NEW 3RD GRADE TEACHER TURNS OUT TO BE BUT BASED ON WHAT I HAVE SEEN THE FIRST 2 DAYS SHE HAS A LONG WAY TO GO. THE FIRST DAY MY DAUGHTER ASKED WHY SHE WAS WEARING PAJAMAS. DAY 2 WAS THE SAME THING WITH A DIFFERENT COLORED T-SHIRT. KIDS NEED A GOOD ENVIRONMENT TO LEARN IN AND THAT STARTS WITH A PROFESSIONAL TEACHER, WHICH I HAVEN'T SEEN SO FAR THIS YEAR.

Posted August 12, 2014
Teachers are very active in helping the students succeed in anyway they can. Because of shortages of sorts, plenty of things were cut, but they slowly seem to be coming back. Would like to see more parents be involved, feel that would make a big difference.

Posted November 15, 2013
Great school, my child was very well prepared for middle school. Kuddos to the wonderful and caring teachers at Witter Ranch.

Witter Ranch Elementary School 1

Posted November 15, 2013
This school does not stand beihind the no bullying policy. Nothing is done to the kids that bully other than a slap on the hand. The kids here are just as bad as any inner city public school. The principal is set in her ways and does not have any desire to act on a parent's concern. Removing my children as soon as possible.

Posted August 24, 2013
I very much appreciate this school and it's environment. My son is in the 6th grade GATE program Each and every year since kinder we have been very satisfied with the teachers. We have had wonderful teachers and have been satisfied with any items that have been escalated to administration. They appropriately deal with issues and manage the school effectively.

Posted July 17, 2013
I love this school. Teachers are well trained and excellent. They do whatever it takes to meet the needs of your child. The teachers collaborate and trade classes to teach a subject . They will trade students for a specific subject as well. They don't teach to the test, but the school's test scores speak for themselves. They teach to the student. If your child is below grade level,proficient or advanced, it doesn't matter, they will meet your child where he or she is at. The office staff is very friendly and helpful. The PTA is active and does a good job raising money. The school gives off the impression that they are always striving to be better. The one issue with this school is traffic congestion. We are thankful for Witter Ranch.

Posted January 07, 2013
My son is in 2nd grade here, and he loves it! The teachers are great, and the neighborhood around the school is very safe. I haven't had any problems with the principal at all, and the administration in the office is very helpful. I've called a few times with questions, and they're always warm. If they don't have the answer right away, they'll find it for you. This is a great school.

Posted March 23, 2012
I have three children in this school and the teachers have always been great. Two of them are in GATE classes and the 3rd is only in kindergarten, so my experience may not reflect the non-GATE classes. Principal has been responsive as needed.

Posted March 23, 2012
My daughter's been at the school since 2nd grade. The teachers seem to be pretty. The principal is dreadful--rude, cold, and not the least bit service oriented. The office staff is pleasant and helpful. My kid feels safe attending this school.

Witter Ranch Elementary School
3790 Poppy Hill Way, Sacramento, CA  95834
Last modified Witter Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Witter Ranch Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top