Posted August 09, 2014
I did not mention why I was in tears haha! I was so emotional because he did so good that he didn't have to go to summer school!!! What a wonderful feeling! He did it! Thank you teachers!

Posted March 01, 2014
This is our second year at Westlake and we are very please thus far. The teachers are caring, responsive, and are extremely dedicated to providing an enriched environment. The administration is readily available to address any issue or concerns and more than willing to help in any way they can. The only thing that could be better is a bigger campus to house all grades together. Hopefully that will happen sooner than later. Overall we love Westlake and have no regrets enrolling.

Posted September 26, 2013
This school rocks. All the staff is very efficient at what they do and use great organizational skills. Great place for kids!

Posted April 10, 2013
Westlake charter school has not had it easy as far as the support of the district of Natomas; I feel like we are constantly fighting to stay put together. Even with all of that, the school has surpassed all of my expectations. It may not be the newest, best looking school in the district but when you step foot on the campus it glitters and gleams and you forget about all the perfections. It has given my children the best education you could ever pay for. I am eternally grateful for all that they do; the teachers, the staff, the administration and the parents. IF you want community, leadership and a child who is truly learning you want to apply here. I hope one day all of the kids of this nation will receive the education my children are receiving.

Posted January 29, 2013
Sending my child to Westlake Charter was one of the best discussion I ever made. The teachers are amazing and very helpful. I feel like Westlake is this close knit community and everyone knows everybody. My child has been learning Spanish since kindergarten. I love the international learning for my child.

Westlake Charter School 4

Posted June 13, 2012
This is a great school that focuses on an international theme. Each grade has a continent that they focus their studies on during the year. They have a full immersion Spanish class that is wonderful as well as their own Art and P.E. teachers. Having these supplemental classes, though, require funding so there is a big focus on fundraisers. This actually helps us build a great sense of community at our school. The curriculum is very challenging, which is wonderful. They go above and beyond the standard California state requirements. They also put together several seminars throughout the school year that focus on important character traits and bullying. These seminars are actually held by the students themselves so that they can relate to their peers. Overall, this is a great school that focuses on our students' well being and academic acheivements.

Posted April 24, 2012
I feel very fortunate to have my child attend this school. I love that he has Art and Spanish classes. I love the way most parents are involved with the school. I love that I don't have to pay tuition. I love the dedication that the teachers have to make sure the students succeed.

Westlake Charter School 3

Posted July 15, 2011
The new principal is not on board with the community feel, the focus of the school or in support of the international curriculum. He only cares about test scores, down to the t-shirts he bought with the API score. High performing students aren't challenged and the principal takes credit for genetics when the programs didn't do anything for middle or high performing students. After several meetings where the principal's stock answer is "if you don't like it go somewhere else" we are going to take his advice. It's too bad, the school was fabulous under the previous principal and board leadership.

Posted September 22, 2010
This school is built on school spirit. The school itself is a mixture of a old classrooms and portables but the minute you walk on this school you can feel the love the kids have for their school. The teachers and staff use positive reinforcement to create a school of great learners! Westlake is a small school with a big impact on the lives of our students.

Posted August 20, 2010
I am no longer a parent at Westlake Charter and was GREATLY disappointed when the school did not grow to 6th grade for the 09-10 school year. However, hearing that their API scores grew to 854 then 912 in 2010, I clearly understand the choice the school made. This school has had its difficulties from the start, but has moved quickly to the forefront in providing a stellar education for our children. I applaud Westlake Charter, and if they grow to middle or high school soon, we're coming back! ss

Westlake Charter School
3800 Del Paso Road, Sacramento, CA  95834
Last modified Westlake Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westlake Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top