Sacramento, CA

Posted May 23, 2015
Teachers genuinely care for students at SES. They show up early, stay late, and are available for students/parents. Tutoring is offered by teachers before and after school. The engineering teachers are the most dedicated teachers I've ever met. Sports has come a long way and continues to grow offering physical challenges in basketball, volleyball, soccer, and flag football. Robotics teams for various grade levels and a middle school Mathlete team are available for students seeking a non-sport extra curricular activity. The administrative staff is welcoming and ready to help. I haven't received a rude comment from any staff member since my older son began attending SES 4 years ago. My younger son started this year as a 7th grader and comes home with a smile every day. My two sons love attending SES.

Posted April 23, 2015
I have an absolutely once in a lifetime experience with the School of Engineering and Sciences where my son has been a student for three years. Just thinking about the people there gives me a very warmhearted feeling. I have never encountered a sad soul in that school. Everyone is cheeful. The administration and the instructors seem to have a sense of mission: they start their day with the commitment to enthusiastically shaping and changing lives and positively build the leaders of tomorrow. The environment there radiates joyfulness, a spirit of impartiality, total inclusion and unconditional acceptance. The safe and responsible ambiance fostered in the school allows my son to have a very fulfilling life, to mature and to strive to reach his highest potentials. My sincerest thankfulness goes to all the teachers, Mr. Turkie, Mr. Bowman, Mrs. Sanchez, Mrs. Lin, Mrs. Brown (I do love the candies you gave to my son :-) ), the counselor (whom I just met earlier this week and who gave me a very generous smile while saying hello). They all cannot begin to fathom the extent to which they have impacted my son's life as well as mine. My gratefulness is beyond words. Thank you!!!

Posted October 25, 2014
This school is becoming a night mare! Our child loves it there but, really does not see the whole educational values. A few of the teachers teachers and the principal are the biggest bullies there. talk about favoritism. Never seen it so open. The teachers are picking on some really good students. I have seen it first hand with my own child and a few other children that are not being heard, or have no one to speak for them. Things have to change her or we will be removing out child next year.

Posted July 31, 2014
As an educator, I cannot recommend this school. The internal inexperience, lackadaisical attitude and dysfunction of the administration prevents the school from moving forward. AP, SAT and ACT scores reflect the lack of course content delivery to students. If you have or are a student who wishes to have a strong foothold in A-G requirements, this school would be a hinderance to a positive college experience for you. Safety and communication are also major concerns expressed by students and parents.

Posted July 31, 2014
This school has become a low performing school! With the current principal there is no leadership know-how to improve. The students at SES are not exposed to the curriculum needed to help them excel in the areas of math and science. These are the two areas that have the weakest performance by students. Test scores are abysmal! Very poor model for student assistance. Teachers seem to believe they do not need to communicate with parents or attend meetings with parents. The school counselor was the only staff person willing to meet with me on numerious occasions. The teaching staff and admin do not return phone calls. The only assistance I received was from the school counselor and the attendance lady, both women were dynamic and honest. Thanks to them, I have found a much better school that is a perfect match for my daughter to further be able to explore her goals toward engineering. SES was just a really dead end for a bright, motivated kid. It would be a relief to see the school closed due to lack of performance and ongoing complaints regarding the administration.

Posted July 31, 2014
Very poor leadership!!!! Poor quality of teachers! No respect for parents who ask questions. Test scores are falling! Math and science instruction and prep is nonexistent! I would not recommend this school as an educational option!!

Posted July 31, 2014
I am so disappointed. This school is awful! The principal has no idea how to run a school. He treats parents with no respect. My son will be attending JFK this school year. My son was so disappointed in the engineering class. No one seemed to know what they were doing. The principal does not seem to have any experience in education. Just a very, very sad experience! Many unhappy parents. Communication and leadership are both terrible. The school is very, very broken! Schools should have principals who are actually educators. This individual clearly has no prior experience in an education system. This school is defiantly the worst school in the region!!

Posted April 01, 2014
This school is the worst school to possibly go to. First off the engineering, ha it's a joke to them, you can barely call this a school of engineering and sciences (and on a side note the science is the same as any other school so this is the school of engineering). The staff, terrible. Is your child missing a day of school and has a doctors note? Not excused. They never verify absences so beware getting a truency because you were in the hospital. Not even the students seem to care. Ask every student here what they want to be and you'll be told something completely different then a scientist or engineer. Also they force beliefs on your children, when I say this I mean global warming. And some people are skeptical about the topic, but they teach this to you as if it's a pure based fact. Fights and other things do start at this school, students cussing at teachers, destroying the restrooms and writing with markers. And for such a small school it is filthy. Beyond filthy at times. Only one language class, Spanish. Education you get? Pretty average. This isn't a special school, now if you want to go to a science or engineering school I advise to go somewhere else.

Posted January 13, 2014
This school is not a good place to be at. The leadership is terrible. Staff members are extremely rude and students are unhappy. I would not recommend it to anyone

Posted December 12, 2013
this is an awesome school and it is very fun to be at and i am glad that i am here

School Of Engineering & Sciences
7345 Gloria Drive, Sacramento, CA  95831
Last modified School Of Engineering & Sciences is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
School Of Engineering & Sciences Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top