Public charter
Sacramento, CA
Students enrolled: 1,056

Smythe Academy Of Arts And Sciences 1

Posted April 01, 2014
My daughter has been attending this school for a year and will not be returning. The whole staff is very rude to the students and run the school very unsuccessfully. Our teacher is rarly there and sometimes brings her own child to class. My daughter attends transitional kindergarden. They are the youngest class and are often the last obes left on the plaground after the bell rings. There is absolutly no security on campus. Anyone can walk through the open front or through the unlicked back gate. The young kids are sent to and from the office with no adult and it is not a great neighborhood. This school caters to bon-enlsh speaking families and if you arent one if them your child comes last in class. Several tines the children have been aloud to play outside in the pouring rain. They usually have only one yard duty during lunch hour. When I have attended lunch hour I witness about 60-70 students per one adult. The nurse is not qualifyed to deal with children or practice medicine in general. I have personally walked several students to the nurse and she greets them with annoyance befire she even know their name.

Smythe Academy Of Arts And Sciences 5

Posted June 07, 2012
Excellent school, .love the teachers and the principal. The principal is always around and available to talk to parents. She relly knows the students.

Smythe Academy Of Arts And Sciences 4

Posted July 13, 2011
I m pretty happy with this school. My son attends it and the teachers are pretty good at keeping them on their toes every day. The only thing I do wish they worked on a little better is the lunch time and recess. They need more yard duties and the yard duties she be more involved with the kids as well as helpful. There was an incident were a kindergartner came up to a yard duty that was talking to me at the time and asked if she could help him and tie his shoes, the yard duty refused and I ended up doing it myself. She looked at me and said, Well I do this every day and my hands get super cold. Hello! That s what you get paid to do!

Smythe Academy Of Arts And Sciences 1

Posted April 17, 2011
That school is ghetto i live next to the school and basketballs and footballs hit my car during there lunch its not a good impression of themselves and school!

Smythe Academy Of Arts And Sciences
2781 Northgate Boulevard, Sacramento, CA  95833
Last modified Smythe Academy Of Arts And Sciences is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smythe Academy Of Arts And Sciences Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top