Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

H. Allen Hight Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 07, 2016
The teachers use the IB profiles to teach students social skills. They use stories, units, and curriculum to develop the whole child.

Posted July 07, 2016
H. Allen Hight is an IB World School. All students have access to the IB units and take Spanish class. The teachers and staff work hard to ensure all students needs are met. They have a fun jog-a-thon, harvest festival, and grand lunch/book fair. I recommend this school.

H. Allen Hight Elementary School 4

Posted July 07, 2016
While at H. Allen Hight, I had the pleasure to work with a team of hard-working and innovative teachers and staff dedicated to creating the best learning environment for their kids. The principal, Ms. Carlstrom, is always available to parents and staff to provide support, feedback, and accountability, and I think her leadership will have a large, positive impact on the future of Hight as she engages with the community and staff to ensure students are reaching their full potential as learners and citizens.

Posted March 14, 2015
This school is wonderful! The teachers work hard to ensure the children are motivated and excited about education. Under the guidance of their dynamic principal of seven years, they're implementing an I.B. based curriculum. Safe,bright students, well rounded future leaders learn here.

Posted January 05, 2015
I was nervous because of the bad reviews but I gave it a chance and I'm glad I did. The school is big, nice and clean, the small kids are separate from the big ones. The principal is strict and I think that's exactly what the kids need. My daughter has learned a lot this year and she loves her teacher and classmates. If I could, I would change the way people drive around the school but I don't think the school deserves a bad review because of the way that irresponsible people behave.

H. Allen Hight Elementary School 1

Posted September 25, 2013
Awful school, horrible teachers, administrators and school district. Child safety is not a priority at this school. Good class room control, but students and parents are out of control on the playground, and outside of school. Don't let the nice neighborhood fool you.

Posted September 19, 2013
H Allen Hight Elementary is an excellent school. They have made great improvements since opening as do all schools. The staff, teachers and principal are dedicated and hardworking. We love it here. Remember folks, you get what you give. I rated parent involvement just two stars because few seem to do the work for the many. But every year gets better! Please volunteer!

H. Allen Hight Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2011
I made a mistake of enrolling my son in this school. The principal called my son " spoiled" because he was crying within the couple of weeks being in this school. The principal also said that since my son is not doing well ( because he was crying) he wont be able to cope up and compete with other kids. When I told the principal that my son never had a problem when he was in pre-school, he asked me what pre-school I enrolled my son, and when I told him the name of the school, he said, "Oh, I know that school, they are not a good pre-school, they dont do anything, you should have enrolled your son at Montessori, that way he would be prepared going to kindergarten". Wow, how unprofessional!!! I'm glad i transferred my son to another school right away. Within a couple of weeks my son was reading on his own, doing good in his spelling and math subjects and has been receiving awards in his new school.

Posted May 10, 2010
H. Allen Hight is a new school, and like most new schools it has a few issues to work out. The staff here are wonderful, they are knowledgable and friendly. The principal is very involved especially for overseeing so many kids. He is very commited to making H. Allen Hight the best it can be. The teachers are wonderful, they are also dedicated to making this the best learning enviorment possible. What I also enjoy about this school is that it is very clean. I think every child should have the chance to go to a school like H. Allen Hight. A wonderful school just like Mr.Hight would have wanted!

Posted April 27, 2010
Very dedicated Principal and teachers. Principal remembers most of the kids by NAME! Our child is a kindergartner. We were considering a private school or a charter school. We could not be happier. We found an incredibly committed tecaher in Mrs. Heu. When our son started in her class, he knew the alphabet and now he reads all fourth grade sight words.

H. Allen Hight Elementary School
3200 North Park Drive, Sacramento, CA  95835-1896
Last modified H. Allen Hight Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.