Sacramento, CA

Posted January 05, 2015
I was nervous because of the bad reviews but I gave it a chance and I'm glad I did. The school is big, nice and clean, the small kids are separate from the big ones. The principal is strict and I think that's exactly what the kids need. My daughter has learned a lot this year and she loves her teacher and classmates. If I could, I would change the way people drive around the school but I don't think the school deserves a bad review because of the way that irresponsible people behave.

H. Allen Hight Elementary School 1

Posted September 25, 2013
Awful school, horrible teachers, administrators and school district. Child safety is not a priority at this school. Good class room control, but students and parents are out of control on the playground, and outside of school. Don't let the nice neighborhood fool you.

Posted September 19, 2013
H Allen Hight Elementary is an excellent school. They have made great improvements since opening as do all schools. The staff, teachers and principal are dedicated and hardworking. We love it here. Remember folks, you get what you give. I rated parent involvement just two stars because few seem to do the work for the many. But every year gets better! Please volunteer!

H. Allen Hight Elementary School 1

Posted January 26, 2011
I made a mistake of enrolling my son in this school. The principal called my son " spoiled" because he was crying within the couple of weeks being in this school. The principal also said that since my son is not doing well ( because he was crying) he wont be able to cope up and compete with other kids. When I told the principal that my son never had a problem when he was in pre-school, he asked me what pre-school I enrolled my son, and when I told him the name of the school, he said, "Oh, I know that school, they are not a good pre-school, they dont do anything, you should have enrolled your son at Montessori, that way he would be prepared going to kindergarten". Wow, how unprofessional!!! I'm glad i transferred my son to another school right away. Within a couple of weeks my son was reading on his own, doing good in his spelling and math subjects and has been receiving awards in his new school.

Posted May 10, 2010
H. Allen Hight is a new school, and like most new schools it has a few issues to work out. The staff here are wonderful, they are knowledgable and friendly. The principal is very involved especially for overseeing so many kids. He is very commited to making H. Allen Hight the best it can be. The teachers are wonderful, they are also dedicated to making this the best learning enviorment possible. What I also enjoy about this school is that it is very clean. I think every child should have the chance to go to a school like H. Allen Hight. A wonderful school just like Mr.Hight would have wanted!

H. Allen Hight Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2010

Posted April 27, 2010
Very dedicated Principal and teachers. Principal remembers most of the kids by NAME! Our child is a kindergartner. We were considering a private school or a charter school. We could not be happier. We found an incredibly committed tecaher in Mrs. Heu. When our son started in her class, he knew the alphabet and now he reads all fourth grade sight words.

Posted March 28, 2010
Very hard working teachers, Principal and involved parents. Very good school!

H. Allen Hight Elementary School 0

Posted March 23, 2010
This is our second year and we have improve so much! We have a great Principal and the teachers are outstanding, our PTA is very active and have put many great events for our students and families. And we are only getting better

H. Allen Hight Elementary School 4

Posted March 01, 2010
We are struggling with so many budget cuts and losing so many activities. The staff and activities that have remained are overworked but most seem to manage well, happy to have a job. The PTA is small and but do a great job with the amount of participation they have. The Principal is fabulous, makes daily stops in each classroom and somehow knows just about every childs name(over 700 students!) He cares about the kids and the staff. He urges parent participation, although it is not mandatory. I worried about my child being so close to the middle school students, but they have no direct communication and are very safe. The extra curricular activities are only lacking do to the budget cuts. THe only problems I have are due to the budget cuts (increased class size, lack of extra curricular activities, etc). And those problems are in just about every schoolnow.

H. Allen Hight Elementary School
3200 North Park Drive, Sacramento, CA  95835
Last modified H. Allen Hight Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
H. Allen Hight Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top