Bad
Good

When children are small, they need structure and discipline to define boundaries. It's unfortunate that some parents don't always recognize and appreciate the importance of structure and discipline in the long time learning and life success of their students. ATCPA has figured it out. Our teachers, parents and staff, create a high bar of achievement for academic success for each student, communicate and keep families and parents involved, hold students accountable for their actions and promote working "together" to make college for certain for every child. Remember in every area of life we all have to be accountable to someone for our actions; what better place to instill the value of accountability and success in our children than during their early primary and secondary years. For children to succeed parents have to advocate for them and work together with the school to ensure success; that way everyone will achieve more!

Both of my children attend. I am very happy with both of their teachers. Both of my kids have a great start to their education! The whole team really cares about the kids and they have a great Town Hall event for kids each week. I like that they recognize kids that are doing well. It is a great school.

My kids started three years ago at ATCPA and improved by leaps and bounds.Both got awards in math for most growth in a year in different years.

Wonderful experience having my daughter here at this school. Amazing teachers. I have the honor to meet everyone here and I recommend this school 100 percent.

All of the staff does a wonderful job of inspiring my child. I love the discipline and structure. The staff's ability to elevate my child's basic skills in all subjects is top-notch. My child is presently in third grade and is doing work at the fourth grade level.

I love this school! Both of my children, plus my nephew, attend both the College Prep and Secondary sides. I have also worked here as a Campus Monitor and my wife has volunteered extensively; she rebuilt the school's library inventory 3 years ago. This is a great school that will get better as long as the parents are active and engaged and the administration works with us parents to make it happen.

I am a parent of a student who is in kindergarden for the first year. The school staff and teacher are very professional. I liked the school as they really try to do their best. However I think that they are very punative about things that are insignificant and they send the children to the lion's den(no resess ) for any little reason. I understand discipline is important but being a little more tolerant and leanring to deal with students behavior in a different way would definely improve the view the parenst have about the school. It is a great school but it is very rigid in regards to the dicipline.

To address the review below: It is a "Program Improvement School" largely because of it's large population of ESL students. Their test scores compared to the schools in the area are still fantastic as are the teachers. If you don't like the school, leave. There are many children on the waiting list who will gladly take your child's place. This school does have a very strictly structured program and is not for everyone. If you're unsure, visit. It is the best school for my children, and that has not changed in the 5 years that we've been here.

Excerpt from letter sent out to parents, from ATCPA administration, today... "Alexander Twilight College Preparatory Academy has been identified as a Year 3 Program Improvement School under the federal No child Left Behind Act of 2001. What is Program Improvement? Each year schools are reviewed to determine if students are making adequate yearly progress. Alexander Twilight college Prep Academy did not reach its target in 2012-2013. "

Alexander Twilight. How unfortunate that a school is graded on how much parking there is, that the gym floor was redone, or that this obviously hard-to-please parent couldn't get his/her way with the administration. We have 3 students in the school and have never had a staff member - teacher or administrator - fail to work with us on any issue. Sounds like a child that really needs some disciplining and the parent(s) isn't ready for that, based on how often the child participates in the Lions Den!! The students have a goal of College for Certain and their attitude reflects that. No school spirit??!! - apparently someone couldn't find a parking place to attend a Friday Town Hall. Talk about hundreds of jazzed kids ready to take on the world!! Try it, you'll love it!!

Last modified Aspire Alexander Twilight College Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5