6-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My son started attending CIA this year. I can, from the bottom of my heart, say he is such a happy person. I believe the teachers, parents, and students all contribute to my son's happiness and well being. I highly recommend Capital Innovations Academy. My son's desire to explore education and create his own unique person is shining. Before attending CIA he was struggling with classwork as well as homework. Now, he is above his grade level and is on the honor-roll. CIA is a place where friends become family. He does not have to worry about being bullied and is in a place where teachers and students sit down and talk about issues to find a resolution. I could go on and on about how wonderful this school is. We are blessed to be a part of the CIA family.

As other parents mentioned, this school is dedicated to keeping their classes small so students always get enough individual attention. Amazing, caring, and hard working teachers who really want kids to succeed. Cannot say enough about how thankful I am for CI Academy.

Capital Innovations Academy is an amazing school. Just a few of the benefits: • Small class sizes with lots of one-to-one attention for students • Individualized educational approach • Many experiential learning situations (visits to museums for art and history, hiking for science and P.E., archery two days a week, cooking classes, and even a 3 day field trip to Yosemite) • Teachers that really get to know and care about the students • Zero tolerance for bullying, cliques • Great location • Involved parent volunteers • Affordable tuition that includes before and after school supervision In public school, my child was falling behind in class, was overwhelmed by homework and distracted by too many other students in her classes. She rarely contributed in the classroom and was labeled as “shy and awkward”. We always tell her ADHD means “Always, Delightful, Happy and Determined,” but with her ADHD in the public school environment, she was Always Dismayed, unHappy, and Discouraged. CIA has made a huge difference. She is working at grade level, made the honor roll, is enthusiastic about school and doesn’t dread the weekends and vacation periods ending…she actually looks forward to going back to school! She participates in class and her self-confidence has grown. I strongly encourage you to call the head of education and set up a shadow day.

Where else can you find a very affordable school (less expensive than other private schools) with 8 kids to a class? actually some classes it is five kids, and as the school grows, the school is committed to no more than 12 kids per class. This is a parent's dream...and judging from my daughter's love of the school and other students' feelings about it...a student's dream as well. It is 6th through 12 grade, and the teachers get to know the kids really well, their preferred learning style, any learning issues, their passions and gifts, and they can individually tailor assignments and one-on-one time around this. My daughter transferred from public schools because she had problems in a regular classroom and great teachers, but with 25 or more kids in a class, many with special learning issues, it is impossible to give the attention to an individual child. At CI Academy, the kids get to pick a major...something they love...communications/performing arts or maybe health sciences or computer programming and more. Free after school care with the teachers so they can support the students if they need extra support. Not a lot of homework because with just a few kids in a class, there is ample class time to work on projects and what otherwise might be homework. The administrator and teacher care about the whole family and make sure that the school works for everyone, including arranging carpools, communicating online with parents, and field trips and events for the whole family.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The classes are small so they can cater to the individual student and their unique learning style. this makes them much more effective teacher than a teacher who has to teach one way to a class of 20 or 30 students because there is no time or space to deal with individualized instruction.

Amount of homework: Agree

I have always felt that most schoolwork should be done at school and that at home, students should relax with family, engage in other pursuits, and play. I don't think a lot of homework is a good thing and this school gives more in-class time for work. It does not have a focus on giving lots of homework.

I have 2 children attending this school and I couldn't have found a better match for them. My kids were homeschooled until mid-way through 10th grade, when I wanted them to have exposure to a more traditional but small school & individualized learning environment before they graduated high school. My straight-A daughter is a college-bound junior this year and her teachers are encouraging her to explore different universities & careers, are helping her prepare her for the SAT, encouraging her to take a community college class next semester to get her feet wet, etc. My lucky-if-he-gets-a-2.0-average son is a technical-program bound senior and the teachers are working with him on life-skills and exploring his options. Each student receives tons of individualized attention and the curriculum is customized to each student. And the teachers are wonderful about keeping me in the loop about what's working and what's not, not just with my not-academically oriented son, but my straight A daughter.

Both of my children attend WGA. I have watched them both grow academically and as people. My daughter went from failing miserably in public school to doing math work that is beyond her grade level. My son is excited about school for the first time. The small class size explains the academic improvement but I think there is much more to it when I see how much both of my children have matured and have begun to focus on their futures. These people love teaching and it shows.

Even though my daughter was attending what was supposed to be one of the best public High Schools in the city, I kept seeing her spark for learning getting duller each day.She was a good student and wanted to go to college but I could see that she just felt like a little fish in a big pond which really did not treat her as if she mattered. As the teachers at Wayne Geri challenged her to think for herself and to articulate her thoughts in an intelligent manner her spark for learning and her confidence soared.They walked us through the process of getting her started at the community college. Then they encouraged her and tutored her through the process so college isn't scary at all now.She will be graduating in the middle of her senior year with 9 transferrable college credits. I can't thank the teacher and staff enough for their attention and dedication to these students.

I have been teaching at this school for the past two years, and it is a dream come true for an educator. Our small environment cultivates a feeling of family between staff, parents, and students. The cliques and bullying you see in other schools simply don't exist here. Every person matters as an individual and this sense of importance provides our students the confidence to take ownership of their education and development. All of our students are on-track for early high school graduation and every junior and senior has taken community college courses in tandem with their high school curriculum. If you want your student in a diverse, safe environment where he/she will have the opportunity to explore and make solid decisions about the future, WGA is the school for you!

Last modified Capital Innovations Academy is a Private school that serves grades 6-12