Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 21, 2015
The classes are small so they can cater to the individual student and their unique learning style. this makes them much more effective teacher than a teacher who has to teach one way to a class of 20 or 30 students because there is no time or space to deal with individualized instruction.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 21, 2015
I have always felt that most schoolwork should be done at school and that at home, students should relax with family, engage in other pursuits, and play. I don't think a lot of homework is a good thing and this school gives more in-class time for work. It does not have a focus on giving lots of homework.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 21, 2015
They are encouraged to develop their creativity, their intellect, their potential. I dont know about grit.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 21, 2015
It is a very small school so they deal quickly and caringly with any issues that come up and faster mutual respect.

Posted May 21, 2015
Where else can you find a very affordable school (less expensive than other private schools) with 8 kids to a class? actually some classes it is five kids, and as the school grows, the school is committed to no more than 12 kids per class. This is a parent's dream...and judging from my daughter's love of the school and other students' feelings about it...a student's dream as well. It is 7th through 12 grade, and the teachers get to know the kids really well, their preferred learning style, any learning issues, their passions and gifts, and they can individually tailor assignments and one-on-one time around this. My daughter transferred from public schools because she had problems in a regular classroom and great teachers, but with 25 or more kids in a class, many with special learning issues, it is impossible to give the attention to an individual child. The kids get to pick a major...something they love...communications/performing arts or maybe health sciences or computer programming and more. Free after school care with the teachers so they can support the students if they need extra support. Not a lot of homework because with just a few kids in a class, there is ample class time to work on projects and what otherwise might be homework.

Posted October 19, 2013
I have 2 children attending this school and I couldn't have found a better match for them. My kids were homeschooled until mid-way through 10th grade, when I wanted them to have exposure to a more traditional but small school & individualized learning environment before they graduated high school. My straight-A daughter is a college-bound junior this year and her teachers are encouraging her to explore different universities & careers, are helping her prepare her for the SAT, encouraging her to take a community college class next semester to get her feet wet, etc. My lucky-if-he-gets-a-2.0-average son is a technical-program bound senior and the teachers are working with him on life-skills and exploring his options. Each student receives tons of individualized attention and the curriculum is customized to each student. And the teachers are wonderful about keeping me in the loop about what's working and what's not, not just with my not-academically oriented son, but my straight A daughter.

Wayne Geri Academy 4

Posted April 29, 2013
I would like to looking for good school for my son in Sacramental. My son is at grate 11

Posted July 25, 2011
Both of my children attend WGA. I have watched them both grow academically and as people. My daughter went from failing miserably in public school to doing math work that is beyond her grade level. My son is excited about school for the first time. The small class size explains the academic improvement but I think there is much more to it when I see how much both of my children have matured and have begun to focus on their futures. These people love teaching and it shows.

Posted June 21, 2011
Even though my daughter was attending what was supposed to be one of the best public High Schools in the city, I kept seeing her spark for learning getting duller each day.She was a good student and wanted to go to college but I could see that she just felt like a little fish in a big pond which really did not treat her as if she mattered. As the teachers at Wayne Geri challenged her to think for herself and to articulate her thoughts in an intelligent manner her spark for learning and her confidence soared.They walked us through the process of getting her started at the community college. Then they encouraged her and tutored her through the process so college isn't scary at all now.She will be graduating in the middle of her senior year with 9 transferrable college credits. I can't thank the teacher and staff enough for their attention and dedication to these students.

Posted June 20, 2011
I have been teaching at this school for the past two years, and it is a dream come true for an educator. Our small environment cultivates a feeling of family between staff, parents, and students. The cliques and bullying you see in other schools simply don't exist here. Every person matters as an individual and this sense of importance provides our students the confidence to take ownership of their education and development. All of our students are on-track for early high school graduation and every junior and senior has taken community college courses in tandem with their high school curriculum. If you want your student in a diverse, safe environment where he/she will have the opportunity to explore and make solid decisions about the future, WGA is the school for you!

1828 Tribute Rd., Suite H, Sacramento, CA  95814