1,500 students|Elk Grove Unified

Bad
Good

Posted May 30, 2014
My school is diverse. There are no gang fights. Our students are always accepted into elite universities.

Posted April 15, 2014
The teachers at Florin are fantastic. They do care about their students and try to make learning fun. It's a great atmosphere, with focus on great electives programs, high level classes, and art education. While there has been bad reputation about South Sacramento, this school maintains in a good academic standing.

Posted December 14, 2013
Amazing school! not only does the California state teacher of the year teach there the students are all respectful to my handicapped son. (at least that's what he tells me) Great school! highly reccommend.

Posted November 24, 2012
florin high shool is my favorite high school because i went there and graduated on time with 225 credits and pass cahsee. so i disagree with parents saying about florin high school.

Posted June 01, 2012
This school is the best school ever and when it comes down to it the teachers are here for the students know matter what...................

Posted April 06, 2012
I am amazed to see all these negative reviews of my alma mater. Has that much changed in, what, seventeen years (I'm class of '95)? I can truly and honestly say that Florin definitely prepared me for college, from which I graduated magna cum laude. I now have a doctorate and am working on a second graduate degree. I do not consider myself to be any type of genius thus, it is my conclusion that the incredible teaching, coupled with motivation from my mother, significantly helped me achieve all that I have. I also know that I am not alone in my achievements as an alumna of Florin High School. Again, perhaps things have changed significantly in the time since I left, but every day I am thankful for the education and support that I received during my time as a student of Florin High.

Florin High School 4

Posted November 08, 2011
Florin High school is an amazing school! The Teachers care about everyone. I think students make school out to be what they want it to be. Parents need to get involved and stop pointing fingers! I hear parents complain about things but I never see them at the school making a change. If you are not involved then you have no voice quit complaining!!! I see parents who don't speak English more involved. I am proud my son is a Panther! He is college bound and I thank the School for their involvement! You go Florin.

Florin High School 4

Posted November 07, 2011
I felt so humiliated... After getting few terse answers regarding college financial aid questions on the second call weeks later, I had already lost the will to call her again, and yet she told my son to tell me not to call her again. However, my son said she was nice, and he spoke with her at the counseling office every day. Thank you. Parent

Florin High School 1

Posted September 09, 2011
Florin High school is a joke dont send your kids there if you can send them anywhere else PE lockers are constantly being broken into my son has had is stuff locked in a school locker stolen three different times 75% of the kids are lowlifes and the principal and the rest of the staff will treat your kid like they're lowlifes because they don't consider the 25% of students that are not lowlifes so they are all treated the same. Florin high will call your house and threaten you but when you ask for their help with your child they will tell you the have more important things to do

Florin High School 1

Posted August 09, 2011
My son attends Florin HS and I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED with the education that he is receiving. My child is not learning the academic skills that would prepare him for college. The education that he is receiving is setting him up to fail when he becomes an adult. I check his binder every day and all I see are a bunch of dittos that keep him busy. This is not an appropriate and fair education that he is entitled to. I do not see any essay writing skills or critical thinking skills in which are the foundation for college writing. It doesn't make any sense that he has a 3.9 GPA because I don't see exam scores and homework grades to prove it. He doesn't study, read, or hardly do any homework at home. This is not a great school.

Florin High School
7956 Cottonwood Lane, Sacramento, CA  95828-5404
Last modified Florin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.