Posted April 15, 2014
The teachers at Florin are fantastic. They do care about their students and try to make learning fun. It's a great atmosphere, with focus on great electives programs, high level classes, and art education. While there has been bad reputation about South Sacramento, this school maintains in a good academic standing.

Posted December 14, 2013
Amazing school! not only does the California state teacher of the year teach there the students are all respectful to my handicapped son. (at least that's what he tells me) Great school! highly reccommend.

Posted November 08, 2011
Florin High school is an amazing school! The Teachers care about everyone. I think students make school out to be what they want it to be. Parents need to get involved and stop pointing fingers! I hear parents complain about things but I never see them at the school making a change. If you are not involved then you have no voice quit complaining!!! I see parents who don't speak English more involved. I am proud my son is a Panther! He is college bound and I thank the School for their involvement! You go Florin.

Posted November 07, 2011
I felt so humiliated... After getting few terse answers regarding college financial aid questions on the second call weeks later, I had already lost the will to call her again, and yet she told my son to tell me not to call her again. However, my son said she was nice, and he spoke with her at the counseling office every day. Thank you. Parent

Posted September 09, 2011
Florin High school is a joke dont send your kids there if you can send them anywhere else PE lockers are constantly being broken into my son has had is stuff locked in a school locker stolen three different times 75% of the kids are lowlifes and the principal and the rest of the staff will treat your kid like they're lowlifes because they don't consider the 25% of students that are not lowlifes so they are all treated the same. Florin high will call your house and threaten you but when you ask for their help with your child they will tell you the have more important things to do

Posted August 09, 2011
My son attends Florin HS and I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED with the education that he is receiving. My child is not learning the academic skills that would prepare him for college. The education that he is receiving is setting him up to fail when he becomes an adult. I check his binder every day and all I see are a bunch of dittos that keep him busy. This is not an appropriate and fair education that he is entitled to. I do not see any essay writing skills or critical thinking skills in which are the foundation for college writing. It doesn't make any sense that he has a 3.9 GPA because I don't see exam scores and homework grades to prove it. He doesn't study, read, or hardly do any homework at home. This is not a great school.

Posted February 28, 2010
i personally think florin is not a qood school to send your children, and thats just my opinion

Florin High School 2

Posted May 18, 2009

Posted October 28, 2008
I think Florin is a very good school. I have to boys who attend Florin and are doing wondrtful they are involved in FFA, ROTC, Soccer, Avid and wrestling. I think parents judge the school harshly without knowing the facts. Florin has many opportunities for students, also school is what the parents and students make of it. If you are not involved then you shouldn't make comments. I am very proud of the Panthers and I am very proud of the Teachers & staff . People listen to rumors that are not exactly true. Come visit the school you may form your own opinion. Go Panthers

Posted September 25, 2008

Florin High School
7956 Cottonwood Lane, Sacramento, CA  95828
Last modified Florin High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florin High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top