Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My child's academic prowess has actually diminished since he started class here. His teacher holds him to a very low standard. Test assessment was actually worse than one he had taken 4 months earlier...how does that happen? Principle says "just wait a year, he'll catch up". What does that mean? He'll catch up to where he was previously? These people have absolutely no interest in what's best for the student. Someone once told me that you cannot depend on the school to educate your child. That is very apparent here.

We need more than just an after school program. Music, dance, something.. My daughter's talents r going to waste

No music program and outrageous censorship going on. My fiance's son came home one day and told me that his fourth grade class had spent the afternoon tearing "inappropriate" images and words out of their history books!

I know why the school is rated 2 now. The teachers are lacking. They're not full of energy. There's no learning! Everything my child knows up til know is from what I am teaching her at home. The teacher expect parents to just "know" there is a meeting. Teacher expects parents to be in class, she calls it "Parent Involvement" I call it laziness. She doesnt do anything in class but sing and dance. She doesnt stand up and point out details. I believe that in order for our children to succeed here and raise the rating from 2 to 10, they need new teachers pre-k to 6th grade.. younger teachers who still have the heart to teach and new ideas so children will want to learn.

the school is not welcoming we moved in the area in oct.2011 and i have ask the teachers for help for my child scent they told me he was behind and they said they dont have time i had to pay someone else the princple also seem that she dont care about the family or student she the first one out at 2pm when school out i am change my children to a different school!but there is 1 or2 teachers that do care they need a better leader a change some of the staff.

Last modified Samuel Kennedy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.