Posted March 06, 2014
My children attended John Reith for many years. After bullying issues I decided to pull my children out. Bullying is out of control at that school. The last 3 years that school has went down hill. The staff is terrible, clueless. Parents are not involved. The school doesn't make the parents accountable for their children's actions. The school is a circus. It's disgraceful. The students here will end up in prison. Children are assaulted daily. It's a very sad situation at this school. I don't care if people are poor they don't need to behave like wild animals like these students do at John Reith.

John Reith Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2014
I attended this school as a child and many years later my nieces and nephews attended this school. Now my son will be graduating sixth grade this year from this school and I wouldn't have had him go anywhere else. The teachers and principal are amazing. I have read through these reviews and while I agree there are some issues with bullying and racism, the school does their best to take care of these matters. But the reality is this school happens to be smack dab in the middle of a lower middle class neighborhood that is full of children raised by parents that are racist and bullies themselves. This is not the schools doing. Now if you want to talk about helping a child who's parent advocates for them well then this school will listen! My niece, one of my nephews and my son had special needs. John Reith made sure they got everything they needed. My son went from being pulled out of class daily for help with reading to being an avid reader above the reading level for his grade. The teachers he had are wonderful!! And Mr. Blackwood always makes time for a conversation when you need one. The only thing about this school I don't like is the after school START program.

Posted May 09, 2013
This is quite possibly the worst school I've ever seen. First the school itself is run down and reminds me of a prison. Second, the staff...oh so horrible. The principle has no clue how to communicate in the digital world. While there are the few teachers that really try, there are some that just don't care and are so aloof they are just there trying to collect a pension. The school has no PTO, no idea how to communicate to the parents and an inability to post a schedule of events anywhere. Often times they give 2-3 days notice of upcoming events. While that may be fine for the welfare recipients around the school, those of us that work and have children that are forced to go to that school because of crazy district boundaries suffer. The after school program was teaching my children how to write graffiti and other gang related material. They also refuse to allow the children time to do homework and act as if nothing is wrong. I recommend you find another school for your children if they are forced to go to this one.

Posted September 12, 2012
I am a former EGUSD employee and am appalled by the unprofessional actions of the classified staff to share unfounded truths about a student's family. Parents watch what you say to them because of their apparent confidential issues.

John Reith Elementary School 5

Posted September 11, 2012
I LOVE this school. They have helped my children with some learning set backs and have gotten them to the level they need to be at. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The principle and vice principle are right on top of everything. My children love their Teachers and love going to school. (how many parents can say that?!) lol. Keep up the Great Work!

John Reith Elementary School 2

Posted August 30, 2011
Terrible school with a total bully problem. The teachers refuse to do anything because it's a race issue. Kids are kids and they need to be taught that what they're doing is absolutely not okay and that no child should ever feel so threatened at school that they can't even go to the bathroom. Children should never have to feel stress like that.

Posted June 04, 2011
Very unorganized school, with no disciplince actions. Im a mom to a student at this school he has been threatened, by students a few times and the office staff did nothing. I highly dont reccomend this school .

John Reith Elementary School 5

Posted May 18, 2009

John Reith Elementary School 4

Posted November 18, 2008

John Reith Elementary School 0

Posted August 14, 2008
My daughter just started Kindergarten at John Reith and I'm already really pleased! Her teacher is awesome and the school staff seem to be really friendly. I believe my daughter's educational experience will be great at John Reith.

John Reith Elementary School
8401 Valley Lark Drive, Sacramento, CA  95823
Last modified John Reith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Reith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.