Bad
Good

Posted March 22, 2015
i think james rutter is a reall good school all my sister go there so

Posted May 04, 2014
This school is a really great. Teacher and Staff are very nice, they always take care of their student as specially Ms. LaDonna and Mr. Penermon. Teacher will gladly give extra help during lunch or after school if they need it. The only way student are not succeed in JRMS are the one who LAZY enough to ask for help.

Posted February 11, 2013
I attended this school for both 7th and 8th grades, and it changed my life for the better. My teachers were wonderful people, and learning from them helped me see them as people who cared for the school more than themselves, usually. I often come back from UC Berkeley to help out when I can, because without this amazing school, I wouldn't be where I am today.

James Rutter Middle School 2

Posted February 05, 2013
From what I experienced at Rutter I don't like it. There are many fights that happen. And it scares me. Sometimes I feel like some random girl is going to come up from behind me and start beating me up. Every single day there's only one topic and that is dating. There can't go a day without someone talking about who's going out with who, what they said on Facebook. When I walk down the hallway I see couples sometimes making out. And the first thing that crosses my mind is gross. Who wants to see that? Nobody.

James Rutter Middle School 2

Posted August 02, 2012
I went to this school and promoted from it in 2010. It was a very nice school, but there were a lot of problems with many of the teachers in 8th grade. They weren't as helpful as they used to be. Though the office staff is very wonderful and most of the teachers are not.

Posted December 28, 2009
i am an eight grade student and i believe our schools rating should be higher ! my grades excell expectations , atraight a's and taking all honors classes . this school is fantastic !

James Rutter Middle School 4

Posted August 05, 2009
I went to this school for 7th grade and it was fantastic, I loved the experience. The teachers were great and the students were too. Yeah, there were some incidents with gangs and drugs, actually I had friends who were affiliated with such but honestly you will find drugs and gangs anywhere. JRMS is a real middle school if you want your kid to grow up into a strong individual send them here. I will make one minor note, I was not satisfied with the honors English department, their standards were so high that 99 percent of the kids got low grades when they deserved higher. It seemed like no matter how hard I tried my teacher still gave me a C which was a major let down. I've lost a lot of confidence as a writer because my teacher considered my writing style to be incorrect, pleasing him was impossible.

Posted June 19, 2009
As a school administrator, I enjoy the diverse population found at JRMS. The families are supportive of their students and parents participate in our programs and activities. The staff is longstanding, and have strong relationships with each other, the students, and their parents.

Posted April 14, 2009
This school is actually REALLY GOOD. There are a few fights every now and then, but usually they don't last long because the security there is pretty fast. I came in later in the year and the staff is really nice, and I fitted in right away. This school has really good school spirit and the staff really acts nice around the kids. Like Mr. Wall will go up to students and high five them, and I think that's really cool. At my old school, i was in all honors and getting straight A's because it didn't challenge me enough. Here, you have to really pay attention and try or else you will fall behind which really shows the true meaning of middle school. And I'm not even in honors here! This school is great, go there. (:

James Rutter Middle School 4

Posted March 02, 2009
I am currently a student at this school and i love it. I know that there are rumors about gangs and drugs etc. but its not true. Its just the neighborhood that gives rutter a bad reputation. But otherwise there is alot academic achievement, great enforcement of safety and rules, and definately loads of school pride. If you were to visit the campus You will see our school colors (black and gold) all over the place. My gpa is 4.5 and i truly believe that this is a great school to attend, especially with our new principal. He is doing alot to make Rutter a better school/

7350 Palmer House Drive, Sacramento, CA  95828-4027
Last modified James Rutter Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.