Bad
Good

I would give 5 stars to at least four teachers at Mary Tsukamoto. They have a passion for teaching and it shows and I greatly appreciate them for their teaching philosophy. I find the office staff unapproachable and "put off" when I have to interact with them. In my opinion, it would benefit the school to have a new administrative staff person in the office that was passionate about children and that would strive to better the school through hardwork and innovative ideas. I get the feeling that the ladies in the office would rather chat among themselves then help the parents/students, or make professional copies and spellcheck the flyers before they go out. I believe that all teachers and administrativery staff at a school should be passionate about their jobs and always strive to have integrity. Our children would be better off if these were required when hiring.

My fourth grader has been going to Mary Tsukamoto Elementary since Kindergarten. We love this school. Great Administration, friendly office staff, and awesome teachers. Looking forward to the next couple years at this school. The PTO host a family event once a month and they are always low cost or no cost events. A good way to spend a Friday night with other families who also attend the school.

My daughter's goes to Mary Tsukamoto and I have to say its a great school we love the extra activities that they do for fundraisers or movie nights great job on that looking forward to watching the Lego movie Feb 7. The staff is really nice Teachers and all!! Great school!!!!

The teachers are very caring and there for the kids....the office staff is awesome!

I have 4 children that have attended Mary Tsukamoto. I recently have become very unsatisfied with the lack of support by the non-established teachers. Another comlaint of mine is in regards to the 6th grade promotion ceremony this year. I have twins that are promoting and I have found out that the boys are required to wear only slacks. I refuse to purchase a pair of slacks that will not be worn more than once. I see no problem with boys wearing 'new' black jeans with a nice button up shirt.

This school says it is a 'uniform' school but you certainly could have fooled me. My son wears the uniform everyday. When I wait to pick him up after school I'm hard pressed to see another student in the uniform. Why does this school call itself an uniform school when it is not enforced. Why don't they drop the guise of a 'uniform school'? It's hyprocritical for the school to say one thing and do another. And, this is all the fault of the principal.

This school is just wonderful! my child is pleased with her teacher mrs. Mccartney.

I have not been impressed w/ Mary Tsukamoto since the beginning years, when I just lived in the neighborhood, and was new parent. It has just progressively declined. The last good principal left when my daughter began first grade in 2002. Every one since then has been a serious disappointment. The last great teacher, Mrs. Kelly, left in 2004 due to bad politics. Ms. Houston is young but very eager to do best by her students. She's the only hope for that school.

Last modified Mary Tsukamoto Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.