Sacramento, CA

Mary Tsukamoto Elementary School 3

Posted March 03, 2015
I would give 5 stars to at least four teachers at Mary Tsukamoto. They have a passion for teaching and it shows and I greatly appreciate them for their teaching philosophy. I find the office staff unapproachable and "put off" when I have to interact with them. In my opinion, it would benefit the school to have a new administrative staff person in the office that was passionate about children and that would strive to better the school through hardwork and innovative ideas. I get the feeling that the ladies in the office would rather chat among themselves then help the parents/students, or make professional copies and spellcheck the flyers before they go out. I believe that all teachers and administrativery staff at a school should be passionate about their jobs and always strive to have integrity. Our children would be better off if these were required when hiring.

Posted October 09, 2014
My fourth grader has been going to Mary Tsukamoto Elementary since Kindergarten. We love this school. Great Administration, friendly office staff, and awesome teachers. Looking forward to the next couple years at this school. The PTO host a family event once a month and they are always low cost or no cost events. A good way to spend a Friday night with other families who also attend the school.

Posted August 27, 2014
My daughter's goes to Mary Tsukamoto and I have to say its a great school we love the extra activities that they do for fundraisers or movie nights great job on that looking forward to watching the Lego movie Feb 7. The staff is really nice Teachers and all!! Great school!!!!

Mary Tsukamoto Elementary School

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers are very caring and there for the kids....the office staff is awesome!

Posted June 24, 2008
I have 4 children that have attended Mary Tsukamoto. I recently have become very unsatisfied with the lack of support by the non-established teachers. Another comlaint of mine is in regards to the 6th grade promotion ceremony this year. I have twins that are promoting and I have found out that the boys are required to wear only slacks. I refuse to purchase a pair of slacks that will not be worn more than once. I see no problem with boys wearing 'new' black jeans with a nice button up shirt.

Posted February 27, 2008
This school says it is a 'uniform' school but you certainly could have fooled me. My son wears the uniform everyday. When I wait to pick him up after school I'm hard pressed to see another student in the uniform. Why does this school call itself an uniform school when it is not enforced. Why don't they drop the guise of a 'uniform school'? It's hyprocritical for the school to say one thing and do another. And, this is all the fault of the principal.

Posted January 16, 2008
This school is just wonderful! my child is pleased with her teacher mrs. Mccartney.

Posted May 02, 2007
I have not been impressed w/ Mary Tsukamoto since the beginning years, when I just lived in the neighborhood, and was new parent. It has just progressively declined. The last good principal left when my daughter began first grade in 2002. Every one since then has been a serious disappointment. The last great teacher, Mrs. Kelly, left in 2004 due to bad politics. Ms. Houston is young but very eager to do best by her students. She's the only hope for that school.

Mary Tsukamoto Elementary School 4

Posted May 08, 2006
I think Tsukamoto works really hard to help students excel and feel nutured and able to express themselves. My daughter is in the first grade and I have been very pleased with both her kindergarten and first grade teachers. I have felt very informed on her progress and am confident that should any issues arise I would be notified immediately and we would work together on the best solution. I am also pleased to see the principal and vice principal remain very involved and accessible to the students.

Posted March 05, 2006
3 kids, 2 girls, 1 boy all successfully made it through with high grades, daughters are on the way to college with shcolarships, son is doing great at Sheldon High. The community feeling of the school and the great parent involvement are key items to a happy school age child. All are present at this school.

Mary Tsukamoto Elementary School
8737 Brittany Park Drive, Sacramento, CA  95828
Last modified Mary Tsukamoto Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Tsukamoto Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top