Posted March 24, 2010
This school is small with a very involved principal and teachers who work as a well-blended team who meet the needs of the challenged and gifted students. Sstudents are closely monitored and this team teachers-principal have created their own local assessments to measure students. The school motto is 'Failure is not an Option, and they really challenge themselves to live this every day. All what parents need for their children can be found here.

American Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted April 24, 2009

American Lakes Elementary School 0

Posted March 06, 2009
My children just started at this school coming from H.Allen Hight, (a brand new school) and I have to say that I am more impressed with this smaller (older) school. I have heard that previous years were quite a different experience, but with the addition of the new prinicpal I have nothing but great things to say. The academics are more challenging, the class sizes are much smaller as is the school. I feel as if my children are not swallowed up in the gigantic school size/classrooms any more. The staff is a little more mature in teaching experience and even the secretary at the front office make it her mission to have you feel welcomed and informed as a new family member of the school. I am excited my children have become Eagles of American Lakes and their excitment to learn has been evident ever since the move. Thanks A.L.

Posted August 20, 2008
I love the teachers here. The rsp teacher Mrs. Nakahara, made my daughter who she is today. And that is what teaching is supposed to be.

Posted August 31, 2006
My 3rd grade son has been a student at American Lakes since Kindergarten. When he first started I thought the teachers didn't really care (nor the former Principal). Now with all the new teachers and a Mr. K, the school is really turning around. The school scores went up this year due in part to more teacher and parent involvement. Also, the PTA has helped tremendously and we will continue to help wherever we can.

American Lakes Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2006
Modearte rating for the Special Education program. Teachers really care but it's not a strong learning program. No extra curricular activities offered other than the after scool programs offered through the City Rec programs.

American Lakes Elementary School 3

Posted March 29, 2006

American Lakes Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2005
I feel the overall quality of this school is very poor. I can't speak very highly of the principal. My kids never liked her. I feel it's been wasted educational years for them at this school.

American Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2004
I have a 1st grade granddaughter at American Lakes. She has had a wonderful year. It is so vital important that parents play a role in their child's education. My granddaughter has had a wonderful 1st grade teacher, thanks to her teacher and her parents.

American Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted October 09, 2003
American Lakes is a school that is continually growing and improving. Two years ago, nearly half the staff were recent hires and new to the district. The teachers and the principal are focused on doing what is needed to help all children learn and succeed. With recent district cutbacks causing further roadblocks in curriculum development, teachers are finding new and creative ways to teach the CA Standards. I encourage all parents to come into the classrooms, visit, and ask any question that they have. Open communication is the key to our continued growth and improvement.

American Lakes Elementary School
2800 Stonecreek Drive, Sacramento, CA  95833
Last modified American Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
American Lakes Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top