Bannon Creek Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2014
My daughter have been attending Bannon Creek since Pre school. Their educational curriculum is very effective. However the principle seems very hands on but also out of touch with simple needs and the concerns of parents. If this school could get another principle, I'm sure Bannon Creek would reach a much successful level.

Bannon Creek Elementary School 5

Posted March 10, 2014
The principle Mr. Singh seems to be very involved and on top of any issues, which is great. My son's teacher Mrs. Larson is great and seems compassionate about education and the students. Overall, great school.

Bannon Creek Elementary School 5

Posted February 03, 2010
I love my sons school! I was worried about my son starting Kindergarten this year since he is one of the younger ones in his class but Mrs. Geis is by far a wonderful teacher and has years of experience. She is very organized and thorough. My son loves going to school each day. The afterschool program on site is excellent too for us working parents. I love the fact that they pick up my son from his classroom and escort him to the daycare center on campus. Kudos to Bannon Creek!

Bannon Creek Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2009
My kids have had some wonderful, caring teachers at this school. It would be nice to see a few more school and family activities. The Start program was too chaotic for my kids. The principal seems a bit cold and any friendly behavior seems fake. I've also seen her treat staff very poorly. Don't think she knew parents were around to see that.

Posted March 02, 2009
Both my girls have attended here and they have great teachers! Principal is a little wacky but in a good way. Start program is awesome and staff is good.

Posted January 02, 2009
My G/son is now attending kindergarten right now I have no complaints. He's doing great and his teacher Mrs Burnes is doing a wonderful job. soooo patient!

Posted December 22, 2008
I feel Parental Voluntering is over rated in school pass the 3rd rade. At this point, teachers should have control and interest in the class and want children to be more independent from their parents, in school thought. Bannon Creek makes too much of an issue of parental volunteers. Teachers, do your jobs, thats what you are paid for. Not everyone has the availability to give 'time' during the day. You will find most of your parents, single parents, have to work.

Posted December 22, 2008
If I knew before what I have experienced and know about Bannon Creek Elementary school, now; I would have never enrolled my child. I have watched this normally engaged, energetic, school loving A student, go to an unmotivated or school inspired C average performer. We will not be returning to BC next year.

Posted November 17, 2008
After two years of parochial school, then two years of homeschool my son started at Bannon Creek last year in Mrs. Wells' 4th grade class. We could not have asked for a more wonderful teacher. She helped with his transition and was very communicative. This year my son is in Ms. Gerardo's 5th grade GATE class. She is wonderful as well. Excellent communication. It is clear she cares very much for the needs of her students. Ms. Wilkinson, the principal is the most involved principal I have ever met. I hear her greeting children by name as they get to school in the mornings. We're very pleased with the school.

Posted May 20, 2008
My child is in the GATE program this year at Bannon Creek, having spent her first year in a 'regular' classroom. So far, having experienced both classroom settings, I am thoroughly unimpressed. There is very little parent involvement and we've had two years in a row of sub-par teaching. Going beyond the curiculum, at this age the teachers have a real opportunity to stand out as a good role model for the children - I haven't seen that so far. The only saving grace is the Principal, who is a lovely woman who genuinely cares for all the students. If they got rid of some of the tenured teachers who clearly don't like their job anymore and replaced them with people like Ms. Wilkinson, it would be a better school. This school has a long way to go. We're involved, but it feels like an uphill battle. It's mediocre at best.

Bannon Creek Elementary School
2775 Millcreek Drive, Sacramento, CA  95833
Last modified Bannon Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bannon Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top