Sacramento, CA

Posted May 11, 2014
I havent been happy with this school. Judeanne in the office is very nice and always pleasant but other than that I have not been pleased with this school. I couldnt believe when I heard about the 2nd grader that was put outside and left out there and was able to make her way off campus without anyone noticing. Come on Jefferson get with the program here!!! One unhappy parent here.

Posted February 28, 2014
Worked at this school and got no support from the principal when I had issues with the teacher I was an aid for.

Posted February 13, 2014
NATOMAS (CBS13) The parents of a second-grade student say nobody at the school knew where she was for more than two hours after she walked away. As the 7-year-old girl wandered the streets of Natomas, her parents say nobody at Jefferson Elementary School contacted them or the police right away. It all began when Samaya got in trouble for a disagreement with a classmate. So Samaya is very upset, so she goes to put her head down like this, her father Jason said. When Samaya did that, she knocked over some water. That s when they say her teacher, Lupe Rodriguez, dragged her in her chair outside and left her there through recess and reading class. At that point, Samaya wandered 2.5 miles off campus, down Truxel Road to the Walmart and then to the restaurant On The Border. Meanwhile, the Dillards say school leaders drove around looking for the girl. Her parents say the school didn t contact them until an hour after they noticed she was missing. The Dillards say to this day they ve never received an apology from the district.

Posted December 13, 2013
Since Dr. Reynolds was the principal and Ms. Keeler took her place, things have been great. We got the best score in the district for the CST. Best school EVER!!!!!! She has been working with the staff, students, and parents to make this school a better environment & enducation place for children.

Posted February 27, 2013
Fantastic school that cares about every child and makes my child feel like she is successful no matter what.

Jefferson Elementary School 2

Posted May 25, 2010
I can see from the last report that how things work around Jefferson hope thing will change next year, miss lopes gone needed , the librarian gone after 18 years sorry to here that she was great ..... but nobody said anything about Ms.Dauterive she has been there 23 years and leaving going to other school big lose she was great.

Posted May 02, 2010
I don't believe that the 'no child left behind' scoring truly depicts the success of a school, but I will be taking advantage of the opportunity to transfer my (current) kindergartner and 4th grader. The principal is unavailable, I feel my kids are not supervised well when outside the classroom, one of the teacher's has a negative approach to teaching which I feel impacts self-esteem and there is a consistent gross lack of organization. Also - I was excited for my kids to experience some cultural/race diversity. But the older one has unfortunately had a bad experience which I hope will not affect her views. The school has a strong policy on racial slurs and harrasment - but it seems only if it's aimed at non-white kids. All that said - I recognize that the teachers/staff are incredibly overburdened and can't say I could do any better in their position.

Posted January 12, 2010
Jefferson is a great school. All 3 of my kids attended it. They have intelligent teachers, and it is built in an excellent neighborhood.

Jefferson Elementary School 0

Posted January 12, 2010
Jefferson Elementary School is an excellent school. It is full of great teachers with terrific teaching methods.

Posted January 12, 2010
Jefferson is located in a safe, and wonderful neighborhood. The teachers are very well-educated which make them great teachers.

Jefferson Elementary School
2001 Pebblewood, Sacramento, CA  95833
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top