Bad
Good

I have really loved this school. My son and my daughter have been enrolled in the Spanish Immersion program. They are now doing well academically in both languages. I'm very impressed with the programs offered by the school. The teachers are great. The school offers lots of after school enrichment and support. I love the climate. The students are very respectful and the teachers do an amazing job teaching students to be respectful. It is very difficult to get into kindergarten because of the demand, but it is worth it.

We currently have two small learning communities, the Chacon Language and Science Academy (CLASA) and the Ken McCoy Academy, both under the umbrella of Bowling Green Charter School. I work for the Chacon Academy (CLASA), teaching 1st grade Spanish immersion (K-6), but we also offer Sheltered English instruction K-6 with the opportunity to learn conversational Spanish. We incorporate many innovative techniques, including Whole Brain Teaching, Integrated Thematic Instruction, Hands-on Science, Monart, and Guided Language Acquisition Design (GLAD) trained quality teachers. Come by to see us at CLASA!

My expirence here has not been a good one. my children have been attending since last year and My son has been bullied by the students nearly on a regular basis, the school has been on lock down twice in about a month. I felt that since it was a charter school and alittle out of my way it would be better than anyother elementary. Basically he is the minority in a school that feels that Spanish should be the first page on every news letter and anouncment instead of English. Granted Mrs.Amenro and Mrs.Chau are the 2 exceptional teachers that truly care about their students and their well being. It shows in the class room and out. The school has made great strides, but still has a long way to go.

This school so far has offered family activities to bring us parents together. The principal is very dedicated to the students and teachers. She is willing to help and answer questions - as well as take suggestions. The teachers I have met seem very into their job! My child came from a private sch. so I was concerend how my child would adjust. It has been great.

Last modified Bowling Green Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.