Bad
Good

Peter Burnett Elementary School 5

Posted August 16, 2013
Peter Burnett is a low income school with about 750 kids. It is a good school that has been here since 1949. We have a great bunch of students and parents who participate in many different events throughtout the school year. Peter Burnett has a reading program for kids who are behine grade level and the extra money would help to buy more books and material. The school also needs new copy machines. But on an average it is a great school and has a staff of great teachers and supporters.

Peter Burnett Elementary School 2

Posted May 26, 2012
Bullying is rampant at this school! Where are the programs to help these kids? The school uniform policy has not been enforced this year and the upper-grade students now openly wear gang-affiliated clothing to school. Basically, the kids do what they want with little consequence. The principal is very nice; too nice! Communication between administration and staff is also frustrating, which has caused morale to drop drastically.

Peter Burnett Elementary School 5

Posted November 04, 2010
At first I did not want to send my child to this school because of the negative things I heard about it. After checking it out for myself, I found that this school is great. The teachers and staff are all very dedicated and friendly and that is what really matters to me when it comes to education. However, I wish they had more funding so that the students could enjoy more educational and recreational programs, field trips and more.

Peter Burnett Elementary School 4

Posted September 05, 2007
This is a very quiet clean family friendly school. I feel that the school anticipates the needs of the students and their families (such as offering free English language courses for parents) and meets those needs. I really do love Peter Burnett.

Peter Burnett Elementary School 1

Posted December 08, 2006
Peter Burnett had the potential in the past of producing highly qualified teachers and prep courses that benefited the students,such as, music, PE, library and computers. THe teachers at this time aren't producing the qualified hours per week or the correct activities set up by the standards, but I guess we have no voice to approach this matter. also the bilingual immersion program only focuses on one group that is Spanish speakers and neglects the other groups that need tutors, translators and parent classes.

Peter Burnett Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2006
I really like the education that my child is receiving at this school. My child has grown socially, and has taken on a identity of his own. Any socializing or trips should be family oriented. I say leave the trips out and I will provide my child with the fun. :-)

Peter Burnett Elementary School 1

Posted May 07, 2006
Peter Burnett is not a school I would recommend. Now dont get me wrong there are some good teachers there,but I think the school needs some serious help. The school doesn't really have any programs like alot of these other schools do. For example there was no 6th grade camp for the students this year my daughter was so upset. Compared to alot of other schools this school is lacking on alot of participation from the principle and teachers. I would like to see more programs. There seems to be no field trips. Why? Other schools have field trips for the kids. I think this school could learn a thing or two from other schools.

Peter Burnett Elementary School
6032 36th Avenue, Sacramento, CA  95824-3107
Last modified Peter Burnett Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.