Posted December 04, 2013
Caleb Greenwood Elementary was already a good school, but now has the principal and teachers to take it much higher. There is a tremendous upswing at Caleb with the implementation of the IB program underway, the only PYP in the entire Sac City school district. The school is located in a safe, quiet, community which serves as the hub of River park. It has exceptional after school programs, arts, music, computer lab, gardening, foreign language...all of which are tied directly to the IB. If you see anything less than an average review for Caleb Greenwood on this website, I'm betting it was posted before 9/2012. I challenge the parent who posted in Jan 2012 stating "The principal is lacking respect for the students and parents. Her best interest is test scores". This is simply untrue. As part of the IB, Caleb is required to include ALL students of all skill levels to be taught the same curriculum, there are no students pushed aside while those who excel are given priority. If her child was not included I'm guessing resources were maxed out, as Caleb does draw in students with special needs. That's a tough balancing act for any principal.

Posted September 13, 2013
A wonderful community of teachers, families, staff, and students! I have had three children at the school and have been very pleased with our experience there. My three are GATE qualified and have always been challenged and more-than-prepapred for middle school and beyond.

Posted March 14, 2012
I HAVE 3 Kids that attend the school And all teachers r wonderfull I enjoy the father and daughter dance every year thanks....From Enrique Angelo and joseph and Destiney cervantes

Caleb Greenwood Elementary School 2

Posted January 20, 2012
We bought in the East Sac area so we could attend Caleb Greenwood. We have been dissapointed both years we have been there. If you have an above average student then Caleb is a great school. Your child will get the best teacher with the best students. My child struggles but does not qualify for extra help. He is getting the short end of the stick and I feel is getting lost. The principal is lacking respect for the students and parents. Her best interest is test scores. We are looking for a new school this coming Fall. I do love the community feeling that Caleb has and just wish that things were done better to give EVERY child a fair chance.

Caleb Greenwood Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2011
Once this school gets a principle that strives to include the who community of the school, not just certain families, is consistent with supporting teaching staff and is actually friendly to parents on campus, this school will be great again.

Posted September 01, 2010
Our child requires an "IEP" (Individualized Educational Plan) and that is the reason we are choosing a public school. We have been incredibly impressed with the level of expertise of the Resource Dept. I have also appreciated the front office staff --they are very busy, get repeatedly interrupted and are still gracious.

Caleb Greenwood Elementary School 0

Posted April 14, 2010
They gave our son a wonderful start to his education which will be a lifelong adventure for him.

Posted January 26, 2010
I applied to this school because it has the best teachers in the neighborhood (4th & 1st now attending). They have been wonderful at noticing each child's developmental needs. Socially and intellectually my children have thrived. I am impressed with the extreme parent involvement. The field trips are amazing. Extra school programs include art, music, science, dance, theatre, running club, etc. I have been very pleased.

Caleb Greenwood Elementary School 4

Posted November 11, 2009
Overall, we are very happy with this school. I think they could find ways to get parents more involved and they have a poor PE program for jr. high students, but overall, we are happy that the school is a close part of its community, the teachers are great and my kids are thriving well in the environment.

Posted October 18, 2009

Caleb Greenwood Elementary School
5457 Carlson Drive, Sacramento, CA  95819
Last modified Caleb Greenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Caleb Greenwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top