Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son went to this school and I must say, the staff are friendly. Most of them are passionate of teaching so expect your child to come home with lots and lots of homework. My son is 5 years old in kindergarten and come home with 8-10 pages of homework for the week. It's tough because you will have to help him do it together to have it completed. It's a school that takes a lot of parent involvement. Parent are required to donate and do 40 hours of volunteer works. Of course, the student score great on API because of all the hard work of the parents, students, and teachers!!! Some school need to take some lessons from Camellia Elementary School.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school has taught me so much because of they honesty, integrity, and fairness. They taught me to fight for what I believe in and never give up. They also taught me to treat how I want to be treated. This school would never stop trying to make somebody happy or joyful.

I went to this school for one year, but I can tell that this school is amazing. They participate in other cultures such as Chinese New Year. Other schools would just talk about it, but this school goes out into the play ground and always have fun. I mean I don't know if they still do this, but they did it before and that means that they at least try their hardest. I was there in Kindergarten and I'm in fifth grade right now about to go to sixth grade. I didn't believe in myself before, but this school made me become who I am. I owe this school the biggest thank you of my life. This school bring laughter and joy. And I wish I could go back to this school. If you are a parent reading this, the you should bring your child or children to this school because they would have so much fun. And last but not least, their food. The food is always fresh and delicious. I don't know if it changed or not, but I loved it. I would never eat at the school I am in right now because it's always cold and nasty. But the food at this school is super appetizing so bring your child here.

I hear great things about this school and the ratings are high. But I've noticed the teachers and office workers are stuck up here when they answer my questions. My son attended school here and it's mostly the parents responsibility to do everything. For example: The school have parents go to a workshop to learn how to help their kids with their homework. They also require parents to commit 40 hours of service. I feel like I have to do more of the teaching and participating then the teachers have to do. I mean, I have to go to a workshop on how to help my kids with their homework eventhough I know what to do.... I still have to complete the workshop hours. This school asks for a lot in parents. I don't see how I can commit so much in school while working a full time job to pay the bills. I don't have the option to opt out because it's required that parents always have to participate.

Camellia was amazing. You can become a cougar(the mascot) and a member in the Camellia family. If your a parent and you read this, apply your child in Camellia. Your child will have great memories of Camellia when they leave for middle school. This school taught me so much, and it can be spread to others. Camellia is one of the best elementary schools in Sacramento. Take my advice and make your child a cougar.

I am a grandmother of 2 who attend this school. I can say the school is great, the teachers are very helpful not only to their students but also when I have had a question or two.

i have one child that completed all 7 years at camellia and he is doing great. my other one has just started intermediate classes. the teachers are very supportive and want the parents to be involved.

Academics are tougher than any other schools I ever sent my child to....a lot of homework, prepares them well, but could be too much for some kids to have five to eight assignments of homework each night, it takes some used to! I love the school, teachers ares strict and wonderful!

Last modified Camellia Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.